View Poll Results: Who is your pick for an MCU Spider-Woman?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jessica Drew

38 71.70%
  • Julia Carpenter

5 9.43%
  • Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen)

1 1.89%
  • Silk

4 7.55%
  • Mattie Franklin

1 1.89%
  • Charlotte Witter

0 0%
  • Ultimate Jessica Drew

3 5.66%
  • Ashley Barton

0 0%
  • Other

1 1.89%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Jessica Drew should be the only one called Spider-Woman.

The rest, while I like them all should have different names.

I like Arache-Woman for Julia.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Jessica Drew should be the only one called Spider-Woman.

The rest, while I like them all should have different names.

I like Arache-Woman for Julia.
    Arachne works better for Julia. Hell, Julia wanted to be called Arachne, but the CSA (Commission on Superhuman Activities) insisted on Spider-Woman as a means of giving her some pull with the superhero community (which she was originally intended to spy on, I think).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Jessica is definitely my preferred choice for Spider-Woman, but I'm not opposed to Julia being used instead if that fits the story better.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I would like the original story with updates or revisions slight. Use the Shield stuff for Goddess' sake! And or Wundragore, High Ev, etc.

I don't favor the baby direction.

The original series in the '70s had a semi supernatural slant that would work. Also her weird pherome (sic) powers would be errie addition to her story.
    I agree to all of this^^

Astonishing Member

I voted Jessica Drew.

Definitely should be Jessica Drew. The story should be set in San Francisco. Or maybe Portland. Definitely the West Coast.

They should also make it a running gag that people keep asking her what her relationship is to Spider-Man, but she had no idea who they are talking about.

As for casting, I'd like Jennifer Biel, but they'd probably go younger.

Also, I will go on record now as saying "The costume sucks!" because I know they'll never do the orange bodysuit, even though it's iconic and like the only orange hero around (excepting Tigra and the Thing, but they don't count, because that's their "skin" color).

The story definitely needs to involve Shield, Hydra and the High Evolutionary. I'd like Herbert Wyndham to be introduced, but not be the villain. He needs to be built up over a few movies.
    Last edited by AmazingSpiderFan; 02-24-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Invincible Member

If it's a live action thing, Jessica Drew.

But if it was a cartoon I'd start with Jess but then add all the other characters.

Go all out: use 'em all.

Jess and Julia as friends and single moms who happen to have spider-powers. Have them stumble upon the interdimensional battle for the Web of Life: they can meet Gwen, Silk, Mattie, etc.

-Pav, who's just spitballing...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Okay, putting some more thought into this:

The story starts with Jessica Drew trying to live a normal life. It's not going well because everyone automatically dislikes her and is afraid of her. She's very lonely and depressed. She used to be a spy and assassin, working for SHIELD, or maybe HYDRA, she doesn't really know. She was controlled by her handlers from a very young age, 11 or 12, and took advantage of the collapse of SHIELD to escape and find her own life. Her "costume" is the stealth suit she wore as a spy, and includes gliding membranes and night-vision goggles. She's basically a super soldier with pheromones and a short-range stun blast.

She meets Jerry Hunt, a discredited agent of SHIELD who wants to prove his innocence and get his life back. He's been trying to find her because she's the proof of a Hydra experiment in human genetic manipulation, and he wants to use her to expose Congressman James Wyatt, a member of Hydra who framed Hunt for his own crimes and got off scot-free. Jessica is convinced to work with Hunt by the possibility that she will learn more about her own origins, like who her parents were. Their investigation leads them to Herbert Wyndham, who explains he only experimented on Jessica to save her life. Meanwhile, Wyatt is trying to kill them by sending his henchmen after them. Wyatt's henchmen are the Brothers Grimm, who in the MCU will just be a pair of badass mercenaries (i.e. elite mooks) who wear heavy black tactical gear and balaclavas with skulls printed on them, and Charlotte Witter, who in the MCU will have the same power set as Jessica, being her evil mirror. Also, tons of mooks. Tons of mooks.

Basically the main storyline from the original Spider-Woman series, minus all the supernatural bits, and slightly altered to fit into the MCU timeline/canon.

I love Julia but Jessica Drew IS Spider Woman!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I'm thinking Anya because they are going young with Pete so I think they might also go young with Spider-woman.

Wasn't there a minor character named Cindy in Spider-Man: Homecoming? I'd love to see Silk in the MCU (but maybe not until a later stage, when they can introduce her bunker story), and Jessica Drew could also show up. It would be cool for Jess to be introduced in Agents of SHIELD (although I'm not current on that series and I don't know if they're still fighting Hydra in Season 5) and then brought into the movies afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I can't see MCU using clones to be fair, that's the kind of stupid **** that usualy stays in the comics.
    Maybe (although you do have X-23 as the breakout star of Logan), however I did really like that character in the original comics and thought she was underused (in retrospect, I think she, not Miles, should've taken over as the Ultimate Spider-Person).

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Wasn't there a minor character named Cindy in Spider-Man: Homecoming?
    Yeah, there was. Whether she was seeded for future movies or just intended to allow a background student to be a familiar face instead of a total unknown is unclear.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingSpiderFan View Post
    Okay, putting some more thought into this:

The story starts with Jessica Drew trying to live a normal life. It's not going well because everyone automatically dislikes her and is afraid of her. She's very lonely and depressed. She used to be a spy and assassin, working for SHIELD, or maybe HYDRA, she doesn't really know. She was controlled by her handlers from a very young age, 11 or 12, and took advantage of the collapse of SHIELD to escape and find her own life. Her "costume" is the stealth suit she wore as a spy, and includes gliding membranes and night-vision goggles. She's basically a super soldier with pheromones and a short-range stun blast.

She meets Jerry Hunt, a discredited agent of SHIELD who wants to prove his innocence and get his life back. He's been trying to find her because she's the proof of a Hydra experiment in human genetic manipulation, and he wants to use her to expose Congressman James Wyatt, a member of Hydra who framed Hunt for his own crimes and got off scot-free. Jessica is convinced to work with Hunt by the possibility that she will learn more about her own origins, like who her parents were. Their investigation leads them to Herbert Wyndham, who explains he only experimented on Jessica to save her life. Meanwhile, Wyatt is trying to kill them by sending his henchmen after them. Wyatt's henchmen are the Brothers Grimm, who in the MCU will just be a pair of badass mercenaries (i.e. elite mooks) who wear heavy black tactical gear and balaclavas with skulls printed on them, and Charlotte Witter, who in the MCU will have the same power set as Jessica, being her evil mirror. Also, tons of mooks. Tons of mooks.

Basically the main storyline from the original Spider-Woman series, minus all the supernatural bits, and slightly altered to fit into the MCU timeline/canon.
    I'd watch it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Wasn't there a minor character named Cindy in Spider-Man: Homecoming? I'd love to see Silk in the MCU (but maybe not until a later stage, when they can introduce her bunker story), and Jessica Drew could also show up. It would be cool for Jess to be introduced in Agents of SHIELD (although I'm not current on that series and I don't know if they're still fighting Hydra in Season 5) and then brought into the movies afterwards.
    I don't expect that version of Cindy to be anymore relevant then their version of Betty.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I think, whichever your preference, anyone would be surprised if it wasn't Jessica Drew.