Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Sure.

Im just hoping its good. After the success of Avatar Korra, they can't hide behind female shows can't sell.

Even after the financial success of the first Tomb Raider movies, the Hunger Games movies and several others, the heads of WB still insisted that female lead action movies would not sell. They did the WW movie reluctantly. Dont put anything past them!

Mighty Member

https://spawnofsprang.deviantart.com...heet-311413058

Of course there should be. To tell you the truth I'm honestly surprised that there has yet to be one. It would do WONDERS for her rogues gallery, as Cheetah and Giganta stick out BECAUSE they were in Super Friends.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    It depends on the topic and setting of the animated series and how much they can push into a single season.

Also the casting of characters is a major factor and who would voice the cast.
    I'd like Susan Eisenberg to reprise the role. I think she has the longest tenure of voicing Diana in animated series and movies. She's is Diana as much as Kevin Conroy is Batman imo.

Absolutely. There needs to be more animated series' across the board, with Wonder Woman a priority.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

There's not a particularly good reason not to make a WW series, unless there's a mandate that every new DC show has to have an ensemble cast.

Uhh yes!! Just base the gods on New 52 and the Amazons on Perez' run! Also in the art work, replace Superman and Orion with Donna and Cassie and it's perfect!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

If there were to be a WW animated series, I'd put Rebecca Sugar in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Um, yes! I still can’t believe that Harley Quinn is getting her own animated series before Wonder Woman.
    This is such a sad reality.

She wins out because of Bat-adjacency too.

I'd watch the hell out of that
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

She wins out because of Bat-adjacency too.
    You’d think Warner Bros would be quick to capitalize on Wonder Woman since her film is the only DCEU film to be damn near universally well received.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    You’d think Warner Bros would be quick to capitalize on Wonder Woman since her film is the only DCEU film to be damn near universally well received.
    Who says they won't? These things take time. Harley getting an animated series was announced a year after suicide squad, so I think the same will hold true for Diana. Maybe we'll get something annnouced at Wonder Con next month or Comic Con in July.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Wonder Woman has always been one of my favorite superheroes and after the success of her movie I really want her to get her own animated series. The other two members of the DC trinity got their own shows so why not Wonder Woman? I think it would be great if Susan Eisenberg reprised her role of such a series came to fruition.

And personally I’d put on DC’s streaming service instead of Cartoon Network, because after the cancellations of Young Justice and Justice League Action, they’ve made it clear they’ll don’t want any DC show that’s not Teen Titans Go.

But I’m curious to hear your thoughts, would you like a Wonder Woman animated show? And what would you like it to be like?
    Absolutely. There should be one in the DC streaming service. Ideally I would like it to be in the Timm-verse: Wonder Woman TAS, companion to both BTAS and STAS.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Uhh yes!! Just base the gods on New 52 and the Amazons on Perez' run! Also in the art work, replace Superman and Orion with Donna and Cassie and it's perfect!
    That's fine, but I want Mala as well. She goes back to the GA and Morrison recently used her in WWE1. She was typically the runner-up in the original contest and Diana's childhood bestie.

I don't think anything would kill my interest in an animated series more than if they put it in the Timmverse. That's like Singer choosing to make Superman Returns a sequel to the original movies (except for the fact the original movies were good). Its been over a decade since the last show in that verse aired an episode. Going back to old wells is rarely prosperous. Especially when said well did such a horrible job with the character in the first place.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I know. And they can't say it's because Wonder Woman has a lead role on DC Superhero Girls, because Harley Quinn has a lead role on that animated series as well (and will presumably continue to do so after the reboot / refresh)!