Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There was this cool design for a golden age animated series. I mean if Batman can have a Silver age based show why not a golden age shows

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Greg Weisman could be a good choice. I think his work on Spectacular Spider-Man is vastly better than Young Justice, so that tells me that a superhero property with one lead to keep things focused may be better suited for him. And then there is the myth and folklore that comes along with her. He's be a much better choice than Timm. Hell, what little we saw of Diana in YJ was already better than anything DCAU Diana.

If we were ever to get some Wonder Woman anime, unleash Kunihiko Ikuhara on it.

I wonder who would you want to be the writers of the show? I mena at times a few comic writers come on the teams . Maybe we can have an animated series based on the animated movie

Cool. Put it out. I would watch it!

Yeah, Bruce Timm's on a losing streak right now with his female leads. That, and I never thought his WW was particularly great, just average by the end of the series, and pretty bad at times.

Maybe Lauren Montgomery, as far as previous stewards of animated WW goes, would be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't think anything would kill my interest in an animated series more than if they put it in the Timmverse. That's like Singer choosing to make Superman Returns a sequel to the original movies (except for the fact the original movies were good). Its been over a decade since the last show in that verse aired an episode. Going back to old wells is rarely prosperous. Especially when said well did such a horrible job with the character in the first place.
    I loved the Timmverse and it was great for it's time, but, yeah, it's time to move on to something new.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Greg Weisman could be a good choice. I think his work on Spectacular Spider-Man is vastly better than Young Justice, so that tells me that a superhero property with one lead to keep things focused may be better suited for him. And then there is the myth and folklore that comes along with her. He's be a much better choice than Timm. Hell, what little we saw of Diana in YJ was already better than anything DCAU Diana.

If we were ever to get some Wonder Woman anime, unleash Kunihiko Ikuhara on it.
    I'd be down for Weisman and team. He's proven adept at updating and creating mythology (Gargoyles); juggling main plots, subplots, and lots of characters for an immersive world (Young Justice); and Spectacular Spider-Man had a lot of heart.

The team behind avatar the legend of Korra would be cool but that team split up to do other projects and the duo of creators (Micheal DeMarteno and Bryan Konzieto) might not care to work on an established IP because they rather do their own thing. Granted we won't know until someone asks and they accept so thats's up in the air.

Extraordinary Member

As I said before, Rebecca Sugar is pitch perfect

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Wonder Woman has always been one of my favorite superheroes and after the success of her movie I really want her to get her own animated series. The other two members of the DC trinity got their own shows so why not Wonder Woman? I think it would be great if Susan Eisenberg reprised her role of such a series came to fruition.

And personally I’d put on DC’s streaming service instead of Cartoon Network, because after the cancellations of Young Justice and Justice League Action, they’ve made it clear they’ll don’t want any DC show that’s not Teen Titans Go.

But I’m curious to hear your thoughts, would you like a Wonder Woman animated show? And what would you like it to be like?

Hell yeah!

She's the most iconic superheroine

a Wonder Woman animated series is long overdue
    I liked the Wonder Woman animated movie
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'd be down for Weisman and team. He's proven adept at updating and creating mythology (Gargoyles); juggling main plots, subplots, and lots of characters for an immersive world (Young Justice); and Spectacular Spider-Man had a lot of heart.
    Weisman would be perfect for a WW animated series. Too bad his shows always get cancelled prematurely.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Weisman would be perfect for a WW animated series. Too bad his shows always get cancelled prematurely.
    Seems to happen a lot with animation...I wish they'd just give everyone three set series at the outset so the creators can tell the story they want to, with a satisfying beginning, middle, and finale arcs. Disney's Star Wars animated series seem to be given the time to "breathe" and have an end point in mind which is helpful in constructing them, character- and story-wise. (But that's Disney and they have tons of money.)

Wonder Woman has always been one of my favorite superheroes and after the success of her movie I really want her to get her own animated series. The other two members of the DC trinity got their own shows so why not Wonder Woman? I think it would be great if Susan Eisenberg reprised her role of such a series came to fruition.

And personally I’d put on DC’s streaming service instead of Cartoon Network, because after the cancellations of Young Justice and Justice League Action, they’ve made it clear they’ll don’t want any DC show that’s not Teen Titans Go.

But I’m curious to hear your thoughts, would you like a Wonder Woman animated show? And what would you like it to be like?
    Is this even a question. Of course she shall have her own animated series. As to what it should be? In simple terms whatever it be, let it not suck. I would watch anything which is good to watch.

What i would like to watch? A fleshed out world and supporting characters. That can't return back to Themsycira shall be given up. Beautifully animated. Not cartoonish like Teen Titans Go! Or even Teen Titans or Justice League. Make it realistic in animation style. Tone shall be serious but fun to watch. Put in a healthy dose of comedy.

Instead of trying to adapt storylines from comics i would say try to be original. And try to synthesize stuff from all eras of comics. Just like Batman TAS or Superman TAS. Make it a standalone. No Batman. No Superman. No Justice League. Just her show. One can hint to an existence of other heroes but i would prefer if she is the only superhero in the world. Once hinted what's to say Batman won't show up? And set it in modern times.

Its not that i am tired of Batman. But when he comes up he is often propped up at the cost of the main character. I don't hate teaming up or guest appearances. But i find it distracting and it has lost its novelty.

Instead develop her own supporting cast.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-27-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Is this even a question. Of course she shall have her own animated series. As to what it should be? In simple terms whatever it be, let it not suck. I would watch anything which is good to watch.

What i would like to watch? A fleshed out world and supporting characters. That can't return back to Themsycira shall be given up. Beautifully animated. Not cartoonish like Teen Titans Go! Or even Teen Titans or Justice League. Make it realistic in animation style. Tone shall be serious but fun to watch. Put in a healthy dose of comedy.

Instead of trying to adapt storylines from comics i would say try to be original. And try to synthesize stuff from all eras of comics. Just like Batman TAS or Superman TAS. Make it a standalone. No Batman. No Superman. No Justice League. Just her show. One can hint to an existence of other heroes but i would prefer if she is the only superhero in the world. Once hinted what's to say Batman won't show up? And set it in modern times.

Its not that i am tired of Batman. But when he comes up he is often propped up at the cost of the main character. I don't hate teaming up or guest appearances. But i find it distracting and it has lost its novelty.

Instead develop her own supporting cast.
    Just to point out, while not overly common, both BTAS and STAS had a number of crossovers, not only with one another (a basis for the Justice League series down the road), but it introduced things like the Green Lanterns, Flash, Deadman, etc. Granted, those were most guest appearances, which I don't think would hurt such a series in any way.

As for animation style, how about something like Young Justice?

ymcuz0p4ndvn6zjk8k3p.jpg

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The team behind avatar the legend of Korra would be cool but that team split up to do other projects and the duo of creators (Micheal DeMarteno and Bryan Konzieto) might not care to work on an established IP because they rather do their own thing. Granted we won't know until someone asks and they accept so thats's up in the air.
    Yes that would literally be a perfect match, unfortunately DC animation seems to be on a serious edge lord kick right now were they are trying to see how edgy they can make their cartoons before it starts to turn people off. I don’t want them attempting a WW carton until that trend is over. I mean we had Batgirl and Batman hooking up. Who even asked for that?