Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    This is completely irrelevant to Rumbles.
    To explain, if we're talking about Cell Games Cell, then it's pointless to talk about his levels upon resurrection because it was stipulated that we're using an exact era of Cell against Piccolo. There's no Buu Saga Cell or anything after where he's resurrected (and thus can take advantage of the zenkai).

Also that even if Krillin or Piccolo killed him or incapacitated him for more than 10 seconds and he somehow has the ability to bring himself back, that's still a loss according to Board rules via 10-count, so zenkai would still be useless.
    Last edited by Cyke; 02-23-2018 at 09:42 AM.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Dude, he turned SSJ2. Piccolo beat the crap out of him, and by any metric Gohan was stronger then than he was during the Cell Saga with all the crap he has been doing throughout Super like actually being considered a good sparring partner by Goku.

You really aren't getting how much stronger everyone is in Super.

Gohan, a guy who let's remember can sense energy, notes Tagoma is about as strong as he was at his best. Vegeta one shots him.

Frieza is stronger than everyone there, minus Goku and Vegeta, in his just first form. Goku fights his Final Form while in base.

Base Copy Vegeta stands still while SSJ3 Gotenks tries in vain to hurt him.

Buu, after getting stronger through training, spars with Goku and only wins by ring out.

Third Form Frost actually forces Goku to transform. Cell would do worse than Gotenks did.

This is completely irrelevant to Rumbles.
    Fair enough, and right on most points.

I guess it's just me and my stubbornness on how much of a jump it was with little to no explanation for many people.

It's kinda sad actually, that all these people made these huge power jumps....all just to reinforce the fact that they are still just second fiddle to Goku and Vegeta and, in the end, completely meaningless.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 02-24-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    It's kinda sad actually, that all these people made this huge power jumps....all just to reinforce the fact that they are still just second fiddle to Goku and Vegeta and, in the end, completely meaningless.
    To be fair, just about everyone who isn't Tien has gotten a chance to shine.

Even Roshi.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Even Roshi.

Chioutzu says hi.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Chioutzu says hi.
    Up isn't even remembered enough to get to do that.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Krillin Owned Count:

Astonishing Member

Even Roshi.
    At least Tien participated, unlike Yamcha who got snubbed by his supposed friend in favor of bring back one of the most repugnant villains in the show's history.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Even Roshi.
    hell, roshi got props from beerus of all people. the arguable weakest guy on the entire team gets a nod from a G.O.D.

but yeah. tien kind of got the shaft here. not that i'm complaining. i never liked tri-clops anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    At least Tien participated, unlike Yamcha who got snubbed by his supposed friend in favor of bring back one of the most repugnant villains in the show's history.
    to be fair, yamcha probably wouldn't have done much. he's not particularly good at tactics like krillin. he doesn't have a wealth of experience in dealing with esoteric foes like roshi. and his arsenal of techniques is lacking when compared to tien. and yes, i too wasn't too happy when frieza was brought in at first but now? i can't imagine the T.O.P. without him. he's still a evil sumbitch but he's been so delightful in this arc and so damn helpful to the team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    to be fair, yamcha probably wouldn't have done much. he's not particularly good at tactics like krillin. he doesn't have a wealth of experience in dealing with esoteric foes like roshi. and his arsenal of techniques is lacking when compared to tien. and yes, i too wasn't too happy when frieza was brought in at first but now? i can't imagine the T.O.P. without him. he's still a evil sumbitch but he's been so delightful in this arc and so damn helpful to the team.
    Meh, opinions and all that but for me the only delightful thing he did was get Instant Hell Murdered by Toppo.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Meh, opinions and all that but for me the only delightful thing he did was get Instant Hell Murdered by Toppo.
    who didn't enjoy watching freezer getting his shit pushed in by both toppo and jiren?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    who didn't enjoy watching freezer getting his shit pushed in by both toppo and jiren?
    Wigs were definitely split.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

The great thing about Frieza is that you can enjoy him being a helpful dick, them you can enjoy watching him flip out when he bites off more than he can chew. I definitely liked him a lot more than I like post-backstory Jiren.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    The great thing about Frieza is that you can enjoy him being a helpful dick, them you can enjoy watching him flip out when he bites off more than he can chew. I definitely liked him a lot more than I like post-backstory Jiren.
    indeed. you can't trust him but it's pretty cool that he helps out. not to mention, his dialogue is hilarious.

jiren's backstory was a bit cookie-cutter.