Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
  1. #16
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Very interesting developments in the finale. It wraps up the story of the series itself, but for the saga opens up tons of questions and possibilities.

    Among them is Ahsoka the grey jedi being in a post-endor environment. You have to ask where she was during the entire Galactic Civil War. Or hell, just the last few seasons of Rebels in general. I get that Ezra didn't save her until recently, but as far as I can tell from my interpretation, her rescue was a stable causality loop. She was always saved by his future intervention, hence the vague image of her and the owl descending into the Sith temple back in Season 2, but repeated clear as day after she returns to her time. She did need to get off that planet, but did that really take years?

    Thrawn's absence from the GCW in the new canon is now established, but just like the old canon leaves room for him to return from parts unknown later. Would Sabine and Ahsoka's search for Ezra result in some event regarding their return between Aftermath and Episode 7? If so, wouldn't that significantly affect the first order and the new jedi Luke attempted to foster? Or are we looking at something that would happen after episode 9? Lots of ways to go from here.

  2. #17
    Time Police BishopsJuice91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VABATL
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Rebels proves again like it’s predecessor CW that the animated shows are the superior medium for SW

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Very interesting developments in the finale. It wraps up the story of the series itself, but for the saga opens up tons of questions and possibilities.

    Among them is Ahsoka the grey jedi being in a post-endor environment. You have to ask where she was during the entire Galactic Civil War. Or hell, just the last few seasons of Rebels in general. I get that Ezra didn't save her until recently, but as far as I can tell from my interpretation, her rescue was a stable causality loop. She was always saved by his future intervention, hence the vague image of her and the owl descending into the Sith temple back in Season 2, but repeated clear as day after she returns to her time. She did need to get off that planet, but did that really take years?

    Thrawn's absence from the GCW in the new canon is now established, but just like the old canon leaves room for him to return from parts unknown later. Would Sabine and Ahsoka's search for Ezra result in some event regarding their return between Aftermath and Episode 7? If so, wouldn't that significantly affect the first order and the new jedi Luke attempted to foster? Or are we looking at something that would happen after episode 9? Lots of ways to go from here.
    I have a feeling they are going to do another book with Ahsoka. I know she had to stay out of the way until she caught up to the point Ezra saved her, but that does not explain where she was from then until she shows up in the finale after the war is over. She had to be doing something for that 8-10 year period since she never showed up anywhere else.

  4. #19
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,434

    Default

    I wouldn't say animation is the superior medium for SW. Its just as good. But it thrived as a trilogy of films a loooong time before any of this. I don't think there is no one medium any more where it doesn't and can't thrive.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  5. #20
    Time Police BishopsJuice91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VABATL
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wouldn't say animation is the superior medium for SW. Its just as good. But it thrived as a trilogy of films a loooong time before any of this. I don't think there is no one medium any more where it doesn't and can't thrive.
    Agreed but I was referring to recently. I enjoy the animated series more than anything else because of the development.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    The Bendu was pretty literal in his last words to Thrawn.

    "I see your defeat, like many arms surrounding you in a cold embrace."

  7. #22
    Mighty Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    I agree with you and have harped about this every time it's brought up. They should have least left canon everything up to the end of Return of the Jedi movie.

    I don't see Disney going to and doing Prequel movies of the Old Republic either.

    I finally got this major annoyance under control by starting to read the comic books that Disney says is no longer canon, ANYWAY, because I've convinced my brain they're still canon.
    P**s on Disney.
    A lot of the OT-set EU stuff was already a bit muddled. Even something relatively simple as the the Death Star theft plans had about a billion different missions ("Dark forces" is of course the most well-known, but then there's the Radio drama, the X-wing video games, Battlefront, Lethal Alliance etc.)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,809

    Default

    I have heard a few people speculate that the next animated series might be Ahsoka and Sabine looking for Ezra. That could be really cool because we could get a meeting between Luke Skywalker and Ahsoka. It would be very cool to see how Ahsoka would react to the son of her old master.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have heard a few people speculate that the next animated series might be Ahsoka and Sabine looking for Ezra. That could be really cool because we could get a meeting between Luke Skywalker and Ahsoka. It would be very cool to see how Ahsoka would react to the son of her old master.
    That could be a really neat story point.

    I think a Sabine and Ahsoka story would allow them to expand the Star Wars universe even more, allowing them to set the groundwork for future films and having the odd touch on the primary story as whole. We might actually start to see what lies in the Unknown Regions, and maybe the beginnings of the First Order and Snoke.

  10. #25
    Time Police BishopsJuice91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VABATL
    Posts
    672

    Default

    I for more Ahsoka anything and a search and rescue story will be a good change of pace. Both CW and rebels had the war/two opposing sides type of vibe so I hope the next series does something different.

  11. #26
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    That could be a really neat story point.

    I think a Sabine and Ahsoka story would allow them to expand the Star Wars universe even more, allowing them to set the groundwork for future films and having the odd touch on the primary story as whole. We might actually start to see what lies in the Unknown Regions, and maybe the beginnings of the First Order and Snoke.
    I'd love a Sabine, Ashoka in wild space story; it'd be a lot of fun.

  12. #27
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,434

    Default

    That's what I'm hoping. If not that, at least a series focusing on what Ahsoka did in the interim. Just more Ahsoka is the main thing, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  13. #28
    Dorky Person Charmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    I know Hera has a whole child and all, but I would love for her to join Sabine and Ahsoka on this adventure.

    "You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

    "Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

    "You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

  14. #29
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,828

    Default

    I kind of can't help but wonder how Jason was conceived. Not that I don't like that Hera has something to remember Kanan by and have his legacy live on in, but between their kiss before the invasion of Lothal and when they were reunited I'm not sure when they could have conceived a child.

    Unless Kanan and Hera were more intimate then their relationship issues seemed to imply....

    Or can we just chalk it up to the Force ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The Bendu was pretty literal in his last words to Thrawn.

    "I see your defeat, like many arms surrounding you in a cold embrace."
    I had honestly completely forgotten about that. Wow .
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have heard a few people speculate that the next animated series might be Ahsoka and Sabine looking for Ezra. That could be really cool because we could get a meeting between Luke Skywalker and Ahsoka. It would be very cool to see how Ahsoka would react to the son of her old master.
    I think the next cartoon will probably deal with Sabine and Ahsoka's search for Ezra, even if it's not the core drive for the series, much like part of Rebels was spent giving closure to old Clone Wars plotlines.

    But I think the next cartoon, especially with the epilogue, is going to be set in-between episode 6 and 7.

  15. #30

    Default

    I always felt that Kanan and Hera were that long term couple that loved each other deeply but never said it or formalized it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •