Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    I always felt that Kanan and Hera were that long term couple that loved each other deeply but never said it or formalized it.
    I think those are the strongest relationships, because they don't need to say anything, they just feel it. Their feelings come across in their actions, like how determined Kanan was to rescue Hera and how he retrieved her family artifact because he knew how much it meant to her. Besides, the war against the Empire didn't leave much time for romance and when Hera did finally say it to Kanan, he sacrificed himself not long after (I actually predicted something bad would happen once Hera made her love confession).

The current Doctor Aphra issues actually have Hera in them, training a group of rebels in the remains of an old Trade Federation ship. No sign of Jacen (although maybe he'll show up a bit later, maybe they didn't want the current issues to spoil Rebels ending). It's possible that she kept him hidden since it's likely he was force sensitive. Although that also raises the question of if he eventually joined Luke's academy and ended up dead; although maybe he took up a lifestyle like his father, who for a time kept his powers well hidden (In the novel "A new Dawn") and lived a lifestyle that was hardly Jedi-ish once things got bad...until he met Hera of course.

Makes you wonder if the Ghost was at Endor (If George was still in charge he'd probably put it in the next home video release of ROTJ LOL). There's an animated short with Hera on the moon past the celebration, so maybe it was "off-screen".

(As of now, DA's probably my favorite ongoing SW title; SW has weird art problems at the moment and the Jedha arc was kind of iffy; Vader's OK but not quite as 'fun' or well-written as DA is)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That it kind of a good question about Jacen Sendula. After seeing how much pain being in the Jedi order brought Kanan I have to wonder if Hera would want her son anywhere near Luke's new Jedi Order. I could see her keeping him far away from the Jedi.

After finally binging the last season of Rebels I really wish they'd give Dave Filoni more of a role in the movies, because that was really good.

Astonishing Member

An ongoing comic filling in where the characters went during the Original Trilogy, or following Sabine and Ahsoka's search for Ezra would be great.

In a way, Ezra was pivotal in the Empire's defeat, taking Thrawn off the board and robbing the Empire of a master strategist. Who knows how the Original Trilogy may have turned out with Thrawn.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    An ongoing comic filling in where the characters went during the Original Trilogy, or following Sabine and Ahsoka's search for Ezra would be great.

In a way, Ezra was pivotal in the Empire's defeat, taking Thrawn off the board and robbing the Empire of a master strategist. Who knows how the Original Trilogy may have turned out with Thrawn.
    Great point, had Thrawn prevailed at Lothal, it could have been a whole different story for the Rebellion.

I also suspect they're planning another animated series to show the search for Ezra. If they do it in the same quality of The Clone Wars or Rebels it'd be the way to do the characters the most justice. Especially if Filoni is running it.

Astonishing Member

Great point, had Thrawn prevailed at Lothal, it could have been a whole different story for the Rebellion.

I also suspect they're planning another animated series to show the search for Ezra. If they do it in the same quality of The Clone Wars or Rebels it'd be the way to do the characters the most justice. Especially if Filoni is running it.
    If Thrawn ever realised about the potential of the Death Star, would his insights and input been the difference between victory and defeat for the rebels? Would Jyn and her team even get the plans and send them to the Rebels if Thrawn was still around? We know Chopper and the Ghost (therefore Hera as well) was there for that battle, seeing it from Hera's perspective would be cool.

Plus, if Thrawn survives to see the Galactic Civil War in the sequel trilogy, where would his allegiances lie? To the First Order? Or would he try to restore the Empire? Would he revive the Empire through a small outpost that would cause a three-way conflict between them, the First Order and the Alliance?

In fact, would Ezra be in a self-imposed exile to prevent Thrawn from returning at all? Ezra knows firsthand how skilled he is at developing strategies in ever changing circumstances, and how Thrawn's return could be the game changer that turns to war in favor of the Empire. He's been the main antagonist of two seasons of Rebels, outstaying the Inquisitors and Darth Maul and being the most relentless antagonist.
    Last edited by jbmasta; 03-17-2018 at 11:08 PM.

In the original books/comics/games, Thrawn doesn't have much to do with the first Death Star, although he is instrumental in a mission, in part, that causes Kyle Katarn to defect, with Kyle being later one of those responsible for stealing the plans.

He also planned Derra IV, an attack portrayed in the ESB radio drama, which saw the Rebels lose a major convoy bound for Hoth-which also costs them an X-wing commander, which promotes Luke to commander to take his place.

The game "Tie Fighter" largely has Thrawn gain his "Grand Admiral" stripes by taking down a Rogue Imperial, Admiral Zaarin (Although the game's artwork shows him already possessing his white uniform-oops!) before Palpatine decides to send him back into the Unknown regions-just before Endor.

Thrawn has his own mini-Empire of sorts built up in the Outer Rim, but Del Rey didn't really do that much with it, instead having it just wind up being part of the Chiss by the time NJO rolled around. They were sort of brought back late into "Fate of the Jedi", and might have played a role in "Sword of the jedi" had that continuity not been discontinued. Still, I'm sure the idea could be brought back in some form in the new canon.

iMan 42s

There is a ton of post-Empire content from the old continuity that I would love to see brought back. The FO conflict is fairly contained and so keeping the fight with Thrawn would be a good way of keeping the Empire involved but not step on the toes of the films.

Also the Chiss Clawcraft looks awesome.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Thrawn basically figures out the Death Star project in his novel by noticing the massive amount of supplies moving to the construction site, and he's diametrically opposed to the concept of the superweapon instead preferring a larger(and much more adaptable) space fleet of Star Destroyers

The real thing is imagine him having been the lead figure in Vader's fleet at the beginning of Empire Strikes Back, one would imagine he'd have crushed the Rebels on Hoth

And I like to imagine him not being dead just yet, I always thought one of the biggest mistakes Zahn made was killing him off in such an anticlimactic matter in his initial trilogy as he would have made an incredible reoccurring antagonist(just the thought of him returning made for a really good duo-logy later on), at least Filoni left his fate ambiguous
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-18-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

The real thing is imagine him having been the lead figure in Vader's fleet at the beginning of Empire Strikes Back, one would imagine he'd have crushed the Rebels on Hoth
    Technically, in the original "Legends" canon,he was as far as cutting off critical supplies at Derra IV (although his involvement in Derra IV wasn't made clear until much after the ESB radio drama). However to avoid the embarrassment of an alien winning a decisive battle, Thrawn once again got reassigned just before Vader and co. stumbled across Hoth. Possibly by Ysanne Isard, who was another powerful post-ROTJ villain in the old canon. She's actually *sort of* still canon-her father is mentioned in the Tarkin novel...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Thrawn basically figures out the Death Star project in his novel by noticing the massive amount of supplies moving to the construction site, and he's diametrically opposed to the concept of the superweapon instead preferring a larger(and much more adaptable) space fleet of Star Destroyers

And I like to imagine him not being dead just yet, I always thought one of the biggest mistakes Zahn made was killing him off in such an anticlimactic matter in his initial trilogy as he would have made an incredible reoccurring antagonist(just the thought of him returning made for a really good duo-logy later on), at least Filoni left his fate ambiguous
    I didn't think it was that ambiguous...he got crushed by a giant space squid. Sure we don't see a body, but I'm not thinking Thrawn will be coming back from that.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I didn't think it was that ambiguous...he got crushed by a giant space squid. Sure we don't see a body, but I'm not thinking Thrawn will be coming back from that.
    I thought Filoni had stated that both Thrawn and Ezra had survived...

I thought Filoni had stated that both Thrawn and Ezra had survived...
    Eyup
    https://screenrant.com/star-wars-reb...hrawn-survive/

I'll take that over him being stabbed in the chest and bleeding out any day of the week

Extraordinary Member

As I stated earlier, I don't think ESB would have gone all that much differently if it was Thrawn in charge instead of Vader. The mistake of bringing the fleet out of lightspeed too close to Hoth cost them the element of surprise and gave the rebels time to get their shield up, but they won anyway, and the mistake was made by a different admiral who very well could have made the same mistake under Thrawn. Return of the Jedi, on the other hand would have gone completely differently. There's no way the rebel fleet would have defeated a better armed imperial fleet while also getting picked off one by one by the Death Star is anyone with a degree of competency had been in charge, let alone someone like Thrawn. Heck, I think the empire would have won the battle if Vader had just stayed on the Executer. Even if the Death Star was still blown up and the emperor killed, the rebellion would have been destroyed utterly and the imperial fleet and command apparatus would still function.