Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rebels: Jedi Night

Well, this episode kicked me right in the feels.

(Spoilers ahead)

So the episode started as a routine rescue mission, and I did get the feeling that not everyone was going to survive, but I was expecting it to be the finale of the series that we saw characters die. I did not see Kanan dying this soon. It was a fitting end for the character, but I'm still shocked he died so quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing how the final few episodes play out.

Just finished “a world between worlds” man that was pretty deep. And EP using force fire...

iMan 42s

The true irony of Ahsoka telling Ezra to let go is that the team can't let go of Ahsoka.
    Otherwise I found the whole time travel thing problematic if otherwise fine so long as its existence is sparing.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

After watching two Jedi fend off Darth Sidious I nearly lost it...and not in a good way. I understand it's a kids show but can we be realistic, he effortlessly killed three Jedi masters and stalemated yoda, he almost killed mace windu (ROTS novel explains more)

I guess it's the same complaint I have in their portrait of grevious losing to a kid Ashoka. In the old cartoons (before they were no longer canon) he was fighting and defeating five Jedi, two being masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    After watching two Jedi fend off Darth Sidious I nearly lost it...and not in a good way. I understand it's a kids show but can we be realistic, he effortlessly killed three Jedi masters and stalemated yoda, he almost killed mace windu (ROTS novel explains more)

I guess it's the same complaint I have in their portrait of grevious losing to a kid Ashoka. In the old cartoons (before they were no longer canon) he was fighting and defeating five Jedi, two being masters.
    He wasn’t really there though, and they still had to flee from him. His power was overwhelming them and he was in a different location.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    He wasn’t really there though, and they still had to flee from him. His power was overwhelming them and he was in a different location.
    Yeah, they were running for their lives and barely made it. Had they actually confronted him they'd be dead. I am loving how Rebels is shaping up for the finale. I just hope we don't get a Rogue One style ending for most of the crew.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post

You're overreacting.

They didn't fend him off. They had to run for their lives, and that was with Palpatine not physically being there to engage them in combat. The brief window they bought so they could run required both of them working together, and they made it clear that they would not be able to keep that up, hence having to run.

And Grievous was never meant to be how he was portrayed in the Gendy cartoons. They completely invented that character from the ground up since so little about him was noted to them when they made those shorts. It may be an unfortunate shift for those who gravitated to the characterization they invented there, but that very disconnect between the shorts and his true character means that it has no bearing on the validity of Grievous' feats in proper canon.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    You're overreacting.

They didn't fend him off. They had to run for their lives, and that was with Palpatine not physically being there to engage them in combat. The brief window they bought so they could run required both of them working together, and they made it clear that they would not be able to keep that up, hence having to run.

And Grievous was never meant to be how he was portrayed in the Gendy cartoons. They completely invented that character from the ground up since so little about him was noted to them when they made those shorts. It may be an unfortunate shift for those who gravitated to the characterization they invented there, but that very disconnect between the shorts and his true character means that it has no bearing on the validity of Grievous' feats in proper canon.
    That is only somewhat wrong. Grievous was made for ROTS but his background was supposed to come from the Gendy cartoon (basically a monster general who kicked serious ass). He was a one off villain for ROTS but he was a lightsaber wielding threat who collected trophies from fallen Jedi, and that's really all you needed to know. It should also be noted his origins are also addressed in a non-canon book so it's not like 2008 TCW gave much of a shit about it either as in new-canon he just chooses to do so and that's all we hear of it.
    Also as a disconnect, maybe in terms of style. But 2008 and even Rebels has it's share of problems and it's simply easier not to think about it. When you have a cartoon your able to do a little more than what you could do otherwise so accentuating action isn't all that big of a deal given the medium.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

The old cartoons were canon, they were created before ROTS, second he is portrayed as a great Jedi killer. Third and most importantly, I understand that Disney now owns Star Wars but it's pretty absurd to just take canon that was established for decades then toss it aside, I don't remember anyone doing this. Not marvel, DC, not anyone.

But I digress, I still didn't like the scene with Palpatine

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The true irony of Ahsoka telling Ezra to let go is that the team can't let go of Ahsoka.
    Otherwise I found the whole time travel thing problematic if otherwise fine so long as its existence is sparing.
    This episode really made me think about how dope it would be if they redid the OG trilogy over in the same animation style as rebels with added content and scenes like the “gateway” location. Basically do things they can’t do in live action.