Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Stern did rack up some fines for NBC early in his career, IIRC
    But not all the affiliates at the same time.

THAT took some doing.

BANNED

I mentioned this in another thread but it goes here too

I absolutely hate morning drive time radio...its usually guys who couldn't get into TV or failed in some other area of the entertainment industry so they decided to schtick it up from 6-9 AM

I hate that 'Arnie, Billy, and the Gooch' morning show BS

fun story...Glenn Beck, yes that guy, was a morning drive time guy here in CT back when I was a kid...he was a morning show on a top 40 station here in CT

BANNED

I cannot find any morning Zoo Back on the net.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I have a hard time with the worship of just about anyone telling the "hard truths" to make you laugh, but the best thing about Bill Hicks, was that even in his short life, he grew up. His early stuff, he is awfully sexist, homophobic, classist, weirdly racializes things. And unlike a ton of these guys, he grew out of it.

Hicks is one of the few stand up comics I've seen blow up on a heckler, then stop, nd apologize immediately foe letting his temper get he better of him to the point he was being sexist. Not five days later with a practiced speech, but right there on the same stage, the same night.

So I can forgive him a few "That's why you're a waitress and I travel the world as a moderately successful comic" or "let me tell you how black people are" jokes from early in his career. And try not to lionize him for being, say, a better human being than this chump who's still flipping out that a woman wouldn't let him just creepshot her or whatever, what an inferior nonhuman she must be for that.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Did not know THAT.
    http://gawker.com/anthony-cumia-has-...ess-1599704541
    From the above link:
    The show hosts asked a seventeen-year-old girl to remove her panties and rub the telephone on her pubic hair. The show hosts called the game, "Teen Guess What's In My Pants?" The show hosts gave detailed instructions regarding how to rub the telephone across the girl's pubic area. After each direction from the host, the station broadcast the sound of the telephone rubbing across the girl's pubic area.

The second complaint includes excerpts from a song allegedly broadcast on the January 8, 2001 "Opie and Anthony Show." The excerpts were lyrics sung by a man who is "horny for little girls," liked girls between the ages of two and three, liked the girls' "round butts" and "liked to ram them."
    I think in the comments was where I found out about him dating a seventeen year old.

There's also the time where they interviewed The Rock and pissed him off so much that he left.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCHVoXvMuPc

The full thing is on Youtube. Pay attention to what happens after Rock walks out. It's pretty pathetic.

BANNED

I felt this article sums up what I feel about the situation.

https://medium.com/@vincenzof/anthon...n-e0852a19714f

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post

I feel I shall become violently ill. Or roll my eyes again in the near future.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Amazing Member

But, sir, feelings aren't rational debate.

The feller in that "article"...

...ignores the history of coded language in each of the words Cumia vomitted out on Twitter
    ...skips past the fact that Cumia never reported this "assault" to the authorities
    ...compares the situation to Zimmerman in a "damned if you do, damned if you do this other thing" style
    ...privileges Cumia over SiriusXM by suggesting that his he shouldn't have lost his show when other things of that type air, disregarding the fact that the other things do not get nearly as much attention as a current scandal
    ...somehow ignoring that, if you look over the original tweets and images, dude *clearly* was not just "taking pictures of NYC"--he's under scaffolding, and taking pictures of women in a creepy way. I mean, come on, what was in view to take pictures of, if not this woman? Considering the other pictures he took that day...

Yeah, no.

Also fun was watching the reactions of his fans on Twitter, filling people's timelines with the words Cumia only suggested.

BANNED

He was photo-creeping on a woman, got caught, went apeshit racist, and got fired.
    End of story.

Everytime these celebs go on their crazy rants, and people start defending their rights to free speech (which does not include freedom from consequence), how different would the reactions be if they came out in favour North Korea or the Taliban?

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Oh, Hell no.

It's bizarre how Zimmerman defenders pretend Zimmerman was a victim of circumstance instead of someone who literally went out looking for a fight.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I feel I shall become violently ill. Or roll my eyes again in the near future.
    Yeah. And that is just the headline for me. Says all I need to know! Racist dirtbag garbage dead ahead!

And the shows "game" with the 17 year old? *shudders* That turned my stomach too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    He was photo-creeping on a woman, got caught, went apeshit racist, and got fired.
    End of story.
    Completely agree.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

BANNED

Yeah, it's really hard to buy his story he was taking pictures of a boring sidewalk and she got in the way. He was perving. Didn't like getting caught perving. Responded with his customary, usual, and regular racism in a public enough way that he backed his employer into a corner. If XM had stood up for him what would it be standing up for? The right of a racist to harass and insult people?
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 07-24-2014 at 11:59 AM.