Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'd be into it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Yes. In fact Marvel’s more likely to do an “X-Men Black” book with no actual black members.
    The colour Black has different symbolic meanings.

Considering all the controversy surrounding BP and the Crew and the low sales that generated the cancellation do not think it's a good idea.

Do not think that in current times we need teams that represent totally a single people, race, nation or ethnicity does not pass a good message. The X-mens as a whole already deal with issues involving prejudice without having to focus on a single group and prefer to stay this way.

That being said would buy not because like the name or the fact that we have a team made up of only black characters. I would buy simply because like these characters and some are in limbo for a long time simple like that .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Yes. In fact Marvel’s more likely to do an “X-Men Black” book with no actual black members.
    The far more likely scenario....

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Considering all the controversy surrounding BP and the Crew and the low sales that generated the cancellation do not think it's a good idea.

Do not think that in current times we need teams that represent totally a single people, race, nation or ethnicity does not pass a good message. The X-mens as a whole already deal with issues involving prejudice without having to focus on a single group and prefer to stay this way.

That being said would buy not because like the name or the fact that we have a team made up of only black characters. I would buy simply because like these characters and some are in limbo for a long time simple like that .
    How many all white X-lineups have there been?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    How many times have we had to suffer the O5?

More than could tell or would like it's not fair I know.

But that does not necessarily mean that creating a team with only black characters is the solution quite the opposite is just feeding the idea that is them against us.

I do not see why Bobby, Laura or Kitty could not help Storm, Bishop or Frenzy with problems or the opposite? Unless we are following from the principle that Avengers solve problems involving avengers, X-mens solve problems involving mutants, White people care for whites and Black people care for blacks which only worsens everything.
    Last edited by Knives; 02-22-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Beat me to the punch. Wasn't this rumor quashed a couple of months ago?
    It become Black Panther and the Crew.

X.men Black is obviously a replacement for XFORCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    More than could tell or would like it's not fair I know.

But that does not necessarily mean that creating a team with only black characters is the solution quite the opposite is just feeding the idea that is them against us.

I do not see why Bobby, Laura or Kitty could not help Storm, Bishop or Frenzy with problems or the opposite? Unless we are following from the principle that Avengers solve problems involving avengers, X-mens solve problems involving mutants, White people care for whites and Black people care for blacks which only worsens everything.
    i really don’t see how it’s dfferwnt than the all female team. None of the male members could help them?

Racism is so oudated and not a book seller. Sexism is the cash cow now. the all women book sell a 26 issues run.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    i really don’t see how it’s dfferwnt than the all female team. None of the male members could help them?
    Of course they could but then you would not have a team with only beautiful women brightening the lives of male adolescents .

Jokes aside depends a lot with luck they are portrayed as heroines but other times it seems pure fanservice.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

You shouldn’t really compare movie viewers to comic readers. Black Panther comics have been around for decades and were never mega successful. Black people make up a far larger pecentage of the movie viewing audience than the comic readership and thus came in full force to see Black Panther. Because movies are mainstream entertainment and comics are niche entertainment. So I doubt it be a huge success solely for a black cast.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-22-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    What if the speculated X-Men Black
    Never mind that Marvel explicitly refuted that rumor, saying they weren't planning any book with that title.

BANNED

This is beyond ridiculous. A group of black X-Men and call it X-Men: Black? Then I suppose a group comprising East Asians like Armor, Sunfire, Karma and Jubilee would be X-Men: Yellow? Or a group of South Asians like Trinary and Indra and call it X-Men: Brown? Yeah, let's segregate the X-Men by their skin pigmentation. Great idea. The pinnacle of Xavier's vision.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Hello????? I'm honestly sick of the double standards.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!