Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It's absolutely comical posters are talking about peace and integration when the xbooks are some of the least diverse books in the Marvel portfolio.

Xmen blue all white with exception of bloodstorn
    Xmen gold all white with the exception of storm
    Xmen red currently all white.
    Generation x is pretty diverse but is ending.
    The Wolverines I'm not too certain but I assume it's all white.
    All the solo books on the x line are all white characters if not mistaken.

Is storm the only poc who happens to be a mutant for the main xbooks lol??

Your points are absolutely correct my friend.
    It's like so many people are on the picket lines for supporting gay character books but absolutely silent when it comes to minority especially black characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I don't know why the suggestion of an all black team of x-men offends so many of you so much. Honestly after reading 5 pages of this it seems like a number of people have an issue with even then idea of all black x-men team because it might offend other people even if it's just because of the name. Having an all black team of x-men is no more racist than having an all white team, the intention behind the formation of the team is irrelevant because the end result is the same. Back on topic:

I personally wouldn't buy a book with:

Storm
    Bishop
    Bling!
    Prodigy
    Frenzy
    Darwin
    Cecilia Reyes

I'm not really invested in any of the characters and aside from storm and bishop I don't think any of them have the clout to bring in enough readers for the book to survive.
    Frenxy is interesting! I feel Blings stupid creep relationship with Mercury isn't doing her any favors
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

I say this respectfully but it's clear you don't live in the US based upon your ill informed responses and binary logic when it comes to race relations in the US. Also I don't understand your question about Indians. So let's just agree to disagree and move on shall we.
    why respectfully ?
    It is a fact. I don't live in US.
    My "ill informed responses when it comes to race relations in the US" are actually correct when we talk about whole world.

and... My country suffered in second world war more than any other. My country suffered terribly before second world war also.
    We have lower income, living conditions than west europe.
    Should I hate Germans because their grandfathers attacked my country and killed my grandfathers?
    obviously no

Also I don't understand your question about Indians
    You wrote that they are white. I don't think that this is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Probably no point in the debate. You're fighting an VERY old issue.

A white cast is mainstream.. But when a cast is all black, or has a black lead, many other races will think it's gonna be something that focuses on race of blacks that whites have no connection to. It's a very old view that's still very prominent sadly.
    well... you know... that harlem activist gave suggestion that this book (crew) would be focused on race of blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post

well... you know... that harlem activist gave suggestion that this book (crew) would be focused on race of blacks.
    why would that be so bad
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

I could be interested. Storm, Bishop, Frenzy, M, Cecilia Reyes and Manifold, with proteges Gentle, Triage and Oya

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I could be interested. Storm, Bishop, Frenzy, M, Cecilia Reyes and Manifold, with proteges Gentle, Triage and Oya
    I could be interested if the characters were compatible.They do not seem to be. We are having a race reality moment here, when we all discover just because two people are of the same race does not mean they are yin and yang. the supreme court struck down the ban on interracial marriage after this reality hit them.
    Last edited by Sandfall; 02-23-2018 at 05:39 AM.

Some of the replies in this thread are so tone deaf. Wanting diversity is not divisive or pro-segregation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I'm afraid that Bishop isn't of African descent - he is Australian Aboriginal, like Gateway and Manifold. (in fact, I believe he's Gateway's grandson)

People from Australia are genetically and most importantly, HIGHLY culturally different, even from a post-colonial perspective, from Afro or Afro-american people.

I get that it makes sense at first glance to put him on the team, but if it's all about the sort of experience that would come with, say, a team-book with only Afro-American members, then he doesn't fit.
    Technically I believe Bishop is mixed race. His mother was of African descent, it’s his father’s side that’s Australian.

He was actually planned to be mixed Asain (Filipino) and Black originally.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Can we please not make this a race issue tread?

I opened this, to know if a book with an all black cast would be a success regarding sales, fandom and so on.

The all white X-Men discussions we had it several other threads, lets leave it there, please.

Just would like to know if you would like a cast with Storm, Prodigy, Bishop, Cecilia Reyes, Bling!, Darwin and lets include Gentle as well.

Would you buy a series with a cast like this?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

I opened this, to know if a book with an all black cast would be a success regarding sales, fandom and so on.

The all white X-Men discussions we had it several other threads, lets leave it there, please.

Just would like to know if you would like a cast with Storm, Prodigy, Bishop, Cecilia Reyes, Bling!, Darwin and lets include Gentle as well.

I would buy it but not feeling the cast. I would make it

Storm
    Prodigy
    Cecilia Reyes
    Bishop
    Monet
    Synch
    Gentle

I would love to see a team comprising:
    Storm
    Bishop
    M
    Frenzy
    Blink
    Dr. C. Reyes
    Gambit

The premise could be a sort redemption team with most of the members being ex-villains (Frenzy & Bishop) or manipulated bad guys (like Blink and Monet). Storm would be the caring force that’d led them back into everyone’s good graces with Gambit serving as the good friend to Storm and Bishop, plus be the ‘token’ white. Every team needs a token member, right? And to see him flirt with all the ladies would be comical. I could picture Frenzy flirting back hard, but not wanting to sleep with him – just doing it to make him uncomfortable would be priceless.
    Doctor Cee would be there because I like her, she’s way under used and to see these different women of the same race interacting with one another would be great.

They wouldn’t serve in the X-mansion and sort of deal with the issues the female X-team and X-treme team dealt with, because, you know, Storm led both teams.

So you got a telepath, a teleporter, a doctor who could play defense, 2 brutes, and 3 energy manipulators. That’s a good team, I think.

Speaking of the girls with brute strength, I would play them totally different: Frenzy would be the typical bruiser who thinks with her fist first and Monet would be more strategic with her super-strength, unlike she was in X-Factor or X-Men. I would want her to play up her smart much more; she’s a super genius, after all.
    Last edited by Alphaxman; 02-23-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Amazing Member

A team named X-Men Black? Possible.
    A team made out of only black mutants? Really forced, but could be done.
    A black mutants only team named X-Men Black? No way!

New Xmen (2002-2003)
    Beast, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Xorn

New Xmen (2003-2004)
    Beast, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Xorn; also featured were the following students:Angel Salvador, Basilisk, Beak, Dust, Ernst, No-Girl, Stepford Cuckoos
    Xorn is asian, not white.

Quote Originally Posted by yaddle View Post

Xorn is asian, not white.
    Xorn was really Magneto in that story and Magneto is white. A retcon may have changed his race, but thats now how Morrison wrote it

Quote Originally Posted by yaddle View Post
    Instead of focusing on if something is “forced” or not, come up with an in-story reasoning for the characters to be in the same team. Remember, some people couldn’t see why Nomor, Nightcrawler, She-Wolverine and Mini-She-Wolverine would be on the same team but so far Red is working out fine.

X-Men Black.

Who writes this book of African mutants?

I can come up with a few good reasons to put a team together but I wouldn't call it X-Men Black.

That's not an appealing name imo.

I'd put together a more radical group of African-American mutants who are fed up with a lot of the injustices they see in Africa and other countries of majority African descent. They aren't necessarily heroes and want nothing to do with the X-Men who they feel haven't done enough to help African/African-decent mutants.

Team:
    Monet
    Bedlam Brothers
    Frenzy
    Maggot
    Angel
    Threnody
    Moses Magnum -leader

Call it Force Works.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 02-23-2018 at 09:18 AM. Reason: changed A-A heroes to A-A mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Talking about race issues in a topic about a racially-themed book hardly seems off-topic. It’s not just a yes/no question is it?