Astonishing Member

A book with black characters I'd get

Storm
    Windshear
    Bishop
    Jesse Bedlam
    Tyke Alikar-The Anarchist
    Frenzy

some of those characters are dead or depowered (Windshear is depowered and also has leukemia). this would imply healings-resurrections-repowerings

I am Latin American and I don't like the idea of a book with only black characters just because btw. There has to be a reason apart from their race for that specific team to exist. Otherwise it sounds like they met in some private club only for black people.

Lightbright and Windshear and I would buy.

I would get a book with Storm and Bishop. Having just re-read some early X-Factor I would be interested in seeing where Frenzy is now. Whether I stayed with the book depends greatly on the writing / art and whether they can keep a Wolverine out of the book.

BANNED

Also most of those predominantly white book (lots of Jewish and gays tough) have casts with prior histories and established relationships so it makes sense for them to work together

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Lightbright and Windshear and I would buy.
    I forgot about Lightbright, didnt even know she wasnt depowered. She would be great.

didn't the try an all black avengers book with luke cage and miles morales? i didn't think it fared that well

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The all white teams haven't faired any better but we still have books that are all white, if not predominantly white. Just look to the current xbooks as evidence for that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Also most of those predominantly white book (lots of Jewish and gays tough) have casts with prior histories and established relationships so it makes sense for them to work together
    The original Avengers and Defenders members had no prior histories of working together before forming a team. Or non team.

The original X-Men and the relaunched team had no prior history. They were just random mutants that Prof X brought together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The original Avengers and Defenders members had no prior histories of working together before forming a team. Or non team.

The original X-Men and the relaunched team had no prior history. They were just random mutants that Prof X brought together.
    The all New all different X-Men weren't all black but had a very different races and they were particularly powerful mutants. Also the avengers didn't became a cohesive unit out of the blue but had to learn to work together and tolerate each other, and the defenders may had not histories as a team but the heroes knew each other and may had some team ups in the past.

I've never seen Bishop or frenzy interact, NEVER

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Instead of focusing on if something is “forced” or not, come up with an in-story reasoning for the characters to be in the same team. Remember, some people couldn’t see why Nomor, Nightcrawler, She-Wolverine and Mini-She-Wolverine would be on the same team but so far Red is working out fine.
    I already said it could be done.

Why do they need a reason to justify them being together? Why cant they just be a team and race not be addressed? If I recall correctly, the all female team never addressed by there were only woman on the lineup. They were just treated as another team of X-men.
    Obviously if we had an all black team, it would be a gimmick, but so what? A big deal doesnt need to be made of it

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    didn't the try an all black avengers book with luke cage and miles morales? i didn't think it fared that well
    I think you are referring to Captain America and the Mighty Avengers. That was Peter in the book, not Miles
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-23-2018 at 10:36 AM.

The all New all different X-Men weren't all black but had a very different races and they were particularly powerful mutants. Also the avengers didn't became a cohesive unit out of the blue but had to learn to work together and tolerate each other, and the defenders may had not histories as a team but the heroes knew each other and may had some team ups in the past.

I've never seen Bishop or frenzy interact, NEVER
    I've never seen Thor and Hank Pym interact before Avengers. I've never seen Scott and Bobby interact before X-Men.

None of the heroes on these teams interacted prior to being a their team.

BANNED

I've never seen Thor and Hank Pym interact before Avengers. I've never seen Scott and Bobby interact before X-Men.

None of the heroes on these teams interacted prior to being a their team.

Actually Cyke rescued Bobby from prison prior to x-men #1 and they became pals and trained together, they were already a team before they even met, it's in their back story from back up comics in early issues . Just read X-Men children of the atom to learn how the team formed

As for thor and Pym they defeated Loki together before becoming avengers, Jan had to convince them to work together because they weren't sold on the idea

Actually Cyke rescued Bobby from prison prior to x-men #1 and they became pals and trained together, they were already a team before they even met, it's in their back story from back up comics in early issues . Just read X-Men children of the atom to learn how the team formed

As for thor and Pym they defeated Loki together before becoming avengers, Jan had to convince them to work together because they weren't sold on the idea
    And any of those as well as many others can be the premise for a team comprised of black mutants.

There's no reason why they can't form a team.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Hello???? Somebody gets it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!