Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Now we do go into the race discussions, which I asked not to do. It was just asking how you guys would feel of a book like this happened, how would you feel about it and would you buy a series with the cast I suggested.
    I understand where you are coming from. when we get into race, it almost like a dangerous slope. more dangerous these days because race is used to silence people for the good and for the bad, more bad right now. it's very hard to find the line between improving race relationships and misguided sjw. Many of us are not allowed to currently speak our honest minds on some movies/music otherwise we will be called racist.

X-force is the best chance of a good X-Men Black book for the very reasons Voldermort and Darth Vader wear Black.
    Having a X-Men book called black with an all black cast, its ridiculous unless the book is satire. Growing up as a kid watching mighty morphin power rangers, the show used to get criticism for having the black character and yellow character as the black and yellow rangers. 25 years on, this is now something we should be proud off and want?

Forge, Storm and Bishop has been on X-Force teams. Forge is dark skin native american, making that 3 black or dark skin people on x-force. It should not be the that hard to fill the rest with other great characters who just happen to be white or asian.
    Last edited by Sandfall; 02-23-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    None of what you are saying makes sense to me.

The crew was advertised as team of black panther and his peers who happened to be black. The book also wasn't focused on color did you read the book? It focused on issues that impact people of color in this country, there's a bug difference in that. All in all, it didn't sale because it was advertised as a black book, it didn't sale because black comicbooks dont sale well period.
    Probably no point in the debate. You're fighting an VERY old issue.

A white cast is mainstream.. But when a cast is all black, or has a black lead, many other races will think it's gonna be something that focuses on race of blacks that whites have no connection to. It's a very old view that's still very prominent sadly.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-23-2018 at 12:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    When a cast is predominantly white, people think it's for everyone.

But when a cast is all black, or has a black lead, many other races will think it's gonna be something that focuses on race of blacks that whites have no connection to.

So it happens a lot. White is right for everyone. Black is something only other black people can, or would, get. It's a very old view that's still very prominent sadly.
    Our Society and bad political agendas made us that way.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Probably no point in the debate. You're fighting an VERY old issue.

When a cast is predominantly white, people think it's for everyone.

But when a cast is all black, or has a black lead, many other races will think it's gonna be something that focuses on race of blacks that whites have no connection to.

So it happens a lot. White is right for everyone. Black is something only other black people can, or would, get. It's a very old view that's still very prominent sadly.
    You're absolutely correct there is no point and your analysis is spot on. Im seriously just astounded at the double standard. Like it's beyond sad for me; it's absolutely sickening. But I'm done with this discussion. Thank you for breaking it down as you did I was beginning to think I was in the twilight zone lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Our Society and bad political agendas made us that way.
    Well the white supremacy, dehumanization of black, and decades & slavery caused the "agenda" as you put it. So, if you wanna play the blame game, lets go with all that. lol

You're absolutely correct there is no point and your analysis is spot on. Im seriously just astounded at the double standard. Like it's beyond sad for me; it's absolutely sickening. But I'm done with this discussion. Thank you for breaking it down as you did I was beginning to think I was in the twilight zone lol.
    No problem. Pretty typical. Honestly, gay characters seem to be getting more push & recognition that the black characters. Who are either wallpaper or race-changed.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-23-2018 at 12:37 AM.

Well the white supremacy, dehumanization of black, and decades & slavery caused the "agenda" as you put it. So, if you wanna play the blame game, there ya go. lol
    I really really like you lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Okay, this has been on my mind for a week now, so see what you people think.

The Black Panther movie is a big success and praised that it has a cast with mostly Black characters.

What if the speculated X-Men Black would really be how it sounds, with black cast members only. To avoid discussion, on what is black, lets us say black people with African origins.

Oh, and lets not make this thread a race discussion, let's keep it on topic.

Looking at the (former) black X-Men, this team should/could be;

Storm
    Bishop
    Bling!
    Prodigy
    Frenzy
    Darwin
    Cecilia Reyes

Would a title with this cast sell? Would you buy it?

Tell me how you'd feel about this title with this cast.
    I'm afraid that Bishop isn't of African descent - he is Australian Aboriginal, like Gateway and Manifold. (in fact, I believe he's Gateway's grandson)

People from Australia are genetically and most importantly, HIGHLY culturally different, even from a post-colonial perspective, from Afro or Afro-american people.

I get that it makes sense at first glance to put him on the team, but if it's all about the sort of experience that would come with, say, a team-book with only Afro-American members, then he doesn't fit.

Well the white supremacy, dehumanization of black, and decades & slavery caused the "agenda" as you put it. So, if you wanna play the blame game, lets go with all that. lol

No problem. Pretty typical. Honestly, gay characters seem to be getting more push & recognition that the black characters. Who are either wallpaper or race-changed.
    Right but be careful. you may be called out for being a racist and a bigot for stating this truth. Lol

BANNED

I actually prefer black avengers

I don't care what color comic book characters are. They are comic book characters.

BANNED

Call me whatever you want but all I see is a hypocrite crying segregation based upon skin color when it's a black cast yet justify all white teams as acceptable because its recognizing history of characters, as if black characters of the same color don't have history. Please save it.
    It is sad to see all the previous efforts to be inclusive has led to extreme identity ideologues like you to seek for black people, even in fiction, to be segregated again. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    It is sad to see all the previous efforts to be inclusive has led to extreme identity ideologues like you to seek for black people, even in fiction, to be segregated again. Well done.
    Ok thanks
    10char

Right but be careful. you may be called out for being a racist and a bigot for stating this truth. Lol
    Not worried, since I know i'm not. lol Hell I am one of the ones who'd have liked for Deadpool to actually have a legit male love interest for a change. He's supposed to be pansexual. That doesn't mean he can't mostly prefer women. But it'd nice to see him meet & date at least ONE guy. But no dice. Despite that, we still got Ben & Nate in Generation X before the cancellation. Daken is openly shown to have male lovers, appears to be a popular character they're trying to make an anti-hero. Iceman is a prominent hero, who is now gay -some shipping him with Daken.

It'd just be nice if black characters got decent treatment w/o being wallpaper, character-assassinated, downplayed at expense of white characters, thrown into limbo, or needlessly white-washed.

For example, when reading Generation X #87, myself & a few others had to rejoice at the fact Monet was actually brown.
    RCO013.jpg
    Which is sad. lol

But again, happens when she was white in the last chapter.
    RCO015.jpg
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-23-2018 at 12:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    This is not a surprising belief. Malcom X had it but evolved before he was assassinated. Identity ideologues is doing more harm to us. thanks to identity ideologues, anyone who even calls the latest Marvel movie average right now is called a racist.

Why does Storm need segregation as one of the most beloved comicbook heroes of all time, created by a white man and transcended race. Good luck with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    I understand where you are coming from. when we get into race, it almost like a dangerous slope. more dangerous these days because race is used to silence people for the good and for the bad, more bad right now. it's very hard to find the line between improving race relationships and misguided sjw. Many of us are not allowed to currently speak our honest minds on some movies/music otherwise we will be called racist.

X-force is the best chance of a good X-Men Black book for the very reasons Voldermort and Darth Vader wear Black.
    Having a X-Men book called black with an all black cast, its ridiculous unless the book is satire. Growing up as a kid watching mighty morphin power rangers, the show used to get criticism for having the black character and yellow character as the black and yellow rangers. 25 years on, this is now something we should be proud off and want?

Forge, Storm and Bishop has been on X-Force teams. Forge is dark skin native american, making that 3 black or dark skin people on x-force. It should not be the that hard to fill the rest with other great characters who just happen to be white or asian.
    Exactly. It boggles the mind how absurd identity politics ideologues can be. That they somehow fail to see that calling a team X-Men Yellow because the members are East Asians, for instance, is the very example of racism.