Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Just a reminder. The first X-team wasn't a success at first. It went into reprint mode for a while until Giant-Sized X-Men revitalized the franchise.

A writer with imagination and passion can make it work.

An All-Black X-team may not prove a financial success but it can put eyes on these characters and they could show up elsewhere.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I present to you, X-men Black

Yes I'm all for it!!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Okay, this has been on my mind for a week now, so see what you people think.

The Black Panther movie is a big success and praised that it has a cast with mostly Black characters.

What if the speculated X-Men Black would really be how it sounds, with black cast members only. To avoid discussion, on what is black, lets us say black people with African origins.

Oh, and lets not make this thread a race discussion, let's keep it on topic.

Looking at the (former) black X-Men, this team should/could be;

Storm
    Bishop
    Bling!
    Prodigy
    Frenzy
    Darwin
    Cecilia Reyes

Would a title with this cast sell? Would you buy it?

Tell me how you'd feel about this title with this cast.
    Would I buy, read, and endorse this book 100%.

That being said the team would definitely have to be inclusive of non POC characters, but there is absolutely something important happening here.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Coming from a black man, I can probably point out a bunch of problems with something like this... well more than I have already, but hey. Black Panther has created a bunch of people who are all of a sudden "progressives"... I think this happened before. Around the time the Cosby show was at its most popular. This too will pass. Hopefully.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'd buy it if someone can replicate the fun like what Brian Wood's all-female X-Men team had.

Also I would like the writer to kick out Storm and bring back Kymera.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Thing is, in how the X-Men are organized there is no logical reason for a team of nature to just come together without specifically and intentionally having all the black X-Men get together and say "let's make a club and go adventuring". It's as corny and nonsensical as BP and the Crew. What I'd prefer to see is a team of X-Men come together not out of diversity but embraces it all the same. I don't need everyone to look like me in a book for it to be interesting. What I'd like to see is all these characters properly dispersed throughout the books so we don't end up with... Well what we've got now. Bishop, Frenzy, Storm, and Cecelia all deserve to be in a book. Not necessarily in the same book because some writer or editor decides they want to feel better about themselves because the current crop of books is overwhelmingly Caucasian, despite the existence of rich diversity within X-Men lore.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'd buy it if someone can replicate the fun like what Brian Wood's all-female X-Men team had.

Also I would like the writer to kick out Storm and bring back Kymera.
    I'm sorry, bring back who?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    I'm sorry, bring back who?
    Storm's daughter

You know, after mentioning the thing with Bishop not being Afro, I realized that I FORGOT to actually add my own two cents on this! : O

Yes, I think an X-men Black book could work, but I'm not sure it makes sense for black mutants to only be with black mutants, considering the situations and relationships of mutants and among the various X-men members - I think it could be an interesting book, but them coming together should logically be simply accidental, that this perticular roster is currently a team.

I'm also mixing in Indian characters, or ANY sort of character with darker than pink skin since I actually like a lot of those characters more than the purely afro characters.

Storm (the obvious leader)
    Bishop
    PROFESSOR X (yes... it's offensive... but I'm doing a Psylocke - Charlie's new physical form is black - he's finally become MLK! )
    Omega Sentinel
    Sunspot
    M
    Hollow (yes!! finally an x-man - finally reunited with sister - finally hating her guts!)
    Oya

Btw, I think some of you should probably look into the concept of "whiteness", within academia, and "blackness", and how they relate to each other, and what they mean - it's actually rather fascinating how facetious and complicated race and racism works, whether a person feel they belong with another person or not, whether they relate to each other or not. If you did, I think many might see some of the merits of my team, and what I'm trying to go for, and what it means. = )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I present to you, X-men Black

I'm absolutely here for this book.