Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 160
  1. #61
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Not worried, since I know i'm not. lol Hell I am one of the ones who'd have liked for Deadpool to actually have a legit male love interest for a change. He's supposed to be pansexual. That doesn't mean he can't mostly prefer women. But it'd nice to see him meet & date at least ONE guy. But no dice. Despite that, we still got Ben & Nate in Generation X before the cancellation. Daken is openly shown to have male lovers, appears to be a popular character they're trying to make an anti-hero. Iceman is a prominent hero, who is now gay -some shipping him with Daken.

    It'd just be nice if black characters got decent treatment w/o being wallpaper, character-assassinated, downplayed at expense of white characters, thrown into limbo, or needlessly white-washed.

    For example, when reading Generation X #87, myself & a few others had to rejoice at the fact Monet was actually brown.
    Attachment 62496
    Which is sad. lol

    But again, happens when she was white in the last chapter.
    Attachment 62495
    Monet and how she was/is whitewashed she is shows a glimpse into the minds of those creative teams behind these issues, that somehow white is right. It's a shame. Maybe one day comic teamss can be all Asian, or all black, or whatever and it is seen in the same fashion as all white teams and without the intent on being racist. But definitely not now especially with this absurd comments I'm seeing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #62
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    This is not a surprising belief. Malcom X had it but evolved before he was assassinated. Identity ideologues is doing more harm to us. thanks to identity ideologues, anyone who even calls the latest Marvel movie average right now is called a racist.

    Why does Storm need segregation as one of the most beloved comicbook heroes of all time, created by a white man and transcended race. Good luck with that.
    These identity politics ideologues are setting back progressive efforts by years, if not more, by going so extreme that they'll lose allies who balk at their excesses and extreme views.

    Way back when X-Men: the Animated Series was showing on TV, I liked Storm more than Jubilee, even though the mall rat was closer to me racially. Unlike these extreme identity politics ideologues, there are people who appreciate a character based on their inner qualities, and not their skin colour.

  3. #63
    Spectacular Member Materiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Monet and how she was/is whitewashed she is shows a glimpse into the minds of those creative teams behind these issues, that somehow white is right. It's a shame. Maybe one day comic teamss can be all Asian, or all black, or whatever and it is seen in the same fashion as all white teams and without the intent on being racist. But definitely not now especially with this absurd comments I'm seeing.
    So, Felipe Sobreiro believes white is right? You don't think it's a stretch to presume someone's thoughts without having engaged them in any conversation or analyzing any interviews they might have done?

  4. #64
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Monet and how she was/is whitewashed she is shows a glimpse into the minds of those creative teams behind these issues, that somehow white is right. It's a shame. Maybe one day comic teamss can be all Asian, or all black, or whatever and it is seen in the same fashion as all white teams and without the intent on being racist. But definitely not now especially with this absurd comments I'm seeing.
    Amazing that you hold these views without realising just how racist you are. If a team is all Asian because they couldn't find people with the right skill sets other than the Asians they had, it would be one thing. But to have a team of Asians just for the sake of having one because white people have them too, is racist.

  5. #65
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    So, Felipe Sobreiro believes white is right? You don't think it's a stretch to presume someone's thoughts without having engaged them in any conversation or analyzing any interviews they might have done?
    I have no idea what he believes but whitewashing any character would surely indicate he believes as such IMO.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-23-2018 at 01:32 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #66
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    Amazing that you hold these views without realising just how racist you are. If a team is all Asian because they couldn't find people with the right skill sets other than the Asians they had, it would be one thing. But to have a team of Asians just for the sake of having one because white people have them too, is racist.
    Where are you coming up with all these conditions for building a team? And if a team was built around the premise of solely being Asian I see no problem with that. I would imagine a mutant team founded in Japan would contain all in not mostly Japanese members, just as I would expect a team to be mostly Indian if not all Indian in India. The same thing has happened in xbooks, it was a comicbook owned, written, and drawn by white people so the teams they created reflected that. And they still do at times. So no I don't mind an all black team when in the context of all the Marvel books produced a majority of those teams were all white. I think my biggest issue with posters with your logic is that I don't see this same level of charges when the teams are all white. Instead I see nothing but hypocritical justifications. So like I said call me whatever you want but the fact of the matter is the xmen are a predominantly white team, which is even more apparent when you see the actors from the movies. All in all, I'm no longer going to engage in this topic with you ive my made points clear which you think are racist. Good to know. Thanks for your honesty.

    Kysses.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-23-2018 at 01:56 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #67
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    You're absolutely correct there is no point and your analysis is spot on. Im seriously just astounded at the double standard. Like it's beyond sad for me; it's absolutely sickening. But I'm done with this discussion. Thank you for breaking it down as you did I was beginning to think I was in the twilight zone lol.
    You are the only one who is using double standard.
    What about Indian characters?
    Why they are white for You?

    The book also wasn't focused on color did you read the book? It focused on issues that impact people of color in this country, there's a bug difference in that.
    I don't live in US. Using Your logic I shouldn't read this book right?
    and I know something about history.
    All races had slave and slavers.

  8. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    These identity politics ideologues are setting back progressive efforts by years, if not more, by going so extreme that they'll lose allies who balk at their excesses and extreme views.

    Way back when X-Men: the Animated Series was showing on TV, I liked Storm more than Jubilee, even though the mall rat was closer to me racially. Unlike these extreme identity politics ideologues, there are people who appreciate a character based on their inner qualities, and not their skin colour.
    Storm is not a character one looks at and thinks of race yet I knew she was black. Watching X-Men: the Animated Series, to see the respect men...white men . Xavier, Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit all gave to Storm, more than they gave to Jean and Rogue was extraordinary.

    In the comics, Storm has been a queen 3 times already. she has been made the queen of countries and intergalactic empires. Make it 4, if we count Arkon from X-Men: the Animated Series.

    She does not need segregation. she is one of X-Men's best Universe ambassadors.
    Last edited by Sandfall; 02-23-2018 at 01:41 AM.

  9. #69
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You are the only one who is using double standard.
    What about Indian characters?
    Why they are white for You?


    I don't live in US. Using Your logic I shouldn't read this book right?
    and I know something about history.
    All races had slave and slavers.
    I say this respectfully but it's clear you don't live in the US based upon your ill informed responses and binary logic when it comes to race relations in the US. Also I don't understand your question about Indians. So let's just agree to disagree and move on shall we.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-23-2018 at 01:48 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #70
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Storm is not a character one looks at and thinks of race yet I knew she was black. Watching X-Men: the Animated Series, to see the respect men...white men . Xavier, Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit all gave to Storm, more than they gave to Jean and Rogue was extraordinary.

    In the comics, Storm has been a queen 3 times already. she has been made the queen of countries and intergalactic empires. Make it 4, if we count Arkon from X-Men: the Animated Series.

    She does not need segregation. she is one of X-Men's best Universe ambassadors.
    Embracing her blackness and being among people who share her culture isn't segregation, it's pride and love of one's self. She can do that and still fight for the benefit of all humans and mutants alike. That is what makes her exceptional.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #71
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You are the only one who is using double standard.
    What about Indian characters?
    Why they are white for You?


    I don't live in US. Using Your logic I shouldn't read this book right?
    and I know something about history.
    All races had slave and slavers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You are the only one who is using double standard.
    What about Indian characters?
    Why they are white for You?


    I don't live in US. Using Your logic I shouldn't read this book right?
    and I know something about history.
    All races had slave and slavers.

    He does have a double standard. For him and for the rest of us, we are meant to see Killmonger in Black Panther as a real person because he is an african character whose ancestors were slaves but Magneto, a polish Jew whose family were killed by Nazis in World War 2 should not be considered real. I am so out of what is becoming a wasteful discussion.

    If he wants segregation that's fine, he just needs to find another comic series. X-Men is not meant to be segregated. X-Men is a stand in for blacks , jews and minorities looking to be integrated with humans and live in peace.

  12. #72
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    He does have a double standard. For him and for the rest of us, we are meant to see Killmonger in Black Panther as a real person because he is an african character whose ancestors were slaves but Magneto, a polish Jew whose family were killed by Nazis in World War 2 should not be considered real. I am so out of what is becoming a wasteful discussion.

    If he wants segregation that's fine, he just needs to find another comic series. X-Men is not meant to be segregated. X-Men is a stand in for blacks , jews and minorities looking to be integrated with humans and live in peace.
    Aside from all the nonsense you just wrote you are right about one thing. I don't read or spend my money on xmen comics because they aren't very integrated books. Not by a long shot. The avengers side of the comics are actually more diverse and more integrated than the xmen have been in a very long time and that is pathetic seeing what the xmen are supposed to represent. Glad we could agree on something.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-23-2018 at 01:58 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hello????? I'm honestly sick of the double standards.
    It really just makes me bitterly amused that they can't see it themselves ESPECIALLY bring fans of X-Men. Which is the reason this Mutant = Minority metaphor doesn't work when I'll the Mutants are white
    Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    This is beyond ridiculous. A group of black X-Men and call it X-Men: Black? Then I suppose a group comprising East Asians like Armor, Sunfire, Karma and Jubilee would be X-Men: Yellow? Or a group of South Asians like Trinary and Indra and call it X-Men: Brown? Yeah, let's segregate the X-Men by their skin pigmentation. Great idea. The pinnacle of Xavier's vision.
    Lol when's the last time you heard East Asians call each brown or japanese call each other Yellow. That sort of basic ass thinking seems only useful as Troll Bait.


    MAAAAYBE seeing the disproportionate numbers minority Mutants commit suicide are killed, arrested, etc 2 newly recruited X kid call out the more senior members and they get together to deal with problems minority Mutants face. They use get name X-Men Black to be tongue in cheek and to see a message.
    Or
    Maybe they have reports of Mutants I Wakanda disappearing and etc etc
    Or
    They're just all black Damn book doesn't even. Exist and people getting mad. As if Black culture isn't already consumed en masse
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Probably no point in the debate. You'e fighting an VERY old issue.

    A white cast is mainstream.. But when a cast is all black, or has a black lead, many other races will think it's gonna be something that focuses on race of blacks that whites have no connection to. It's a very old view that's still very prominent sadly.
    I love your posts
    GrindrStone(D)

  14. #74
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    It really just makes me bitterly amused that they can't see it themselves ESPECIALLY bring fans of X-Men. Which is the reason this Mutant = Minority metaphor doesn't work when I'll the Mutants are white

    Lol when's the last time you heard East Asians call each brown or japanese call each other Yellow. That sort of basic ass thinking seems only useful as Troll Bait.


    MAAAAYBE seeing the disproportionate numbers minority Mutants commit suicide are killed, arrested, etc 2 newly recruited X kid call out the more senior members and they get together to deal with problems minority Mutants face. They use get name X-Men Black to be tongue in cheek and to see a message.
    Or
    Maybe they have reports of Mutants I Wakanda disappearing and etc etc
    Or
    They're just all black Damn book doesn't even. Exist and people getting mad. As if Black culture isn't already consumed en masse
    I love your posts
    It's absolutely comical posters are talking about peace and integration when the xbooks are some of the least diverse books in the Marvel portfolio.

    Xmen blue all white with exception of bloodstorn
    Xmen gold all white with the exception of storm
    Xmen red currently all white.
    Generation x is pretty diverse but is ending.
    The Wolverines I'm not too certain but I assume it's all white.
    All the solo books on the x line are all white characters if not mistaken.

    Is storm the only poc who happens to be a mutant for the main xbooks lol??

    Your points are absolutely correct my friend.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #75

    Default

    I don't know why the suggestion of an all black team of x-men offends so many of you so much. Honestly after reading 5 pages of this it seems like a number of people have an issue with even then idea of all black x-men team because it might offend other people even if it's just because of the name. Having an all black team of x-men is no more racist than having an all white team, the intention behind the formation of the team is irrelevant because the end result is the same. Back on topic:

    I personally wouldn't buy a book with:

    Storm
    Bishop
    Bling!
    Prodigy
    Frenzy
    Darwin
    Cecilia Reyes

    I'm not really invested in any of the characters and aside from storm and bishop I don't think any of them have the clout to bring in enough readers for the book to survive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •