Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Sunspot (leader)
    Bishop
    Monet
    Prodigy
    Cipher
    Oya
    Cool line up. I kind of like the idea of a PoC team that doesn't include Storm, because it kind of subverts expectations.

Cecelia Reyes, Loa, Bling!, Jesse Bedlam and Windshear, would be on my short list for such a team, as well.

And that's the thing for me, is that there's such an embarrassment of riches. So many cool characters lying around, either unused or barely used. An X-team could have two dozen members and I'd still feel like it left out some of my favorites!

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

With the right creative team it could work.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound
    Okay, this has been on my mind for a week now, so see what you people think.

Storm
    Bishop
    Bling!
    Prodigy
    Frenzy
    Darwin
    Cecilia Reyes

Would a title with this cast sell? Would you buy it?

Tell me how you'd feel about this title with this cast.
    No. and no.
    I feel like if I walked into a store having never seen this thread and saw a book that said X-Men: Black and it had an all Black cast I would just think. "Unreal level of trolling detected". I have to ask myself is this done out of stupidity or maliciousness? And then I wouldn't buy it.

However, if I picked up and Uncanny X-Men and it had Storm sitting talking to Frenzy ..... Bishop, and M fighting against hellfire club drones... and an teleconference involving bigwig Sunspot I probbably wouldnt even notice. Unless some scum started ranting either how forced it seemed or how it was a triumph for diversity.

X-Men black is another name for X-Force. I wouldn't want to see something like that applied to mean African American, or african on general. Especially, when I think... there are no black people in the x office to be like. "Brah, dont." It seems like a bad to insulting move, but... I think this is impart why people have a problem with a wolverine for every team. There exists slots that could go to Bishop or Frenzy, or whoever.

Also, I would read a Moses Magnum book team book
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I see nothing wrong with an all black team if handled correctly. Just don't make the team in their own corner with no other interaction. Just like how Wolverine, Rogue and Batman can appear on multiple teams so can the black characters. Let's say Storm was on this all black team, allow her to also appear on a regular team or appear in another title.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Does Windshear still live actually? Haven't heard of that guy in decades.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Black should stand for some kind of black ops theme, not for skin color.

Which does not mean characters like Bishop or Frenzy could not be in it, but they would be there for the characteristics of their powers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Does Windshear still live actually? Haven't heard of that guy in decades.
    yes, he lives, but he was depowered and has leukemia.

I think he appeared in something Soule wrote about Wolverine the year he got killed, must have been like 2014

BANNED

Have Bishop and Cecelia Reyes ever been on the same team?

don't think. So
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

I thought the X-Men franchise hated Black characters... always see them getting downplayed, killed and/or never revived (cough, cough, Synch...).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I thought the X-Men franchise hated Black characters... always see them getting downplayed, killed and/or never revived (cough, cough, Synch...).
    I see no lies in this post.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Why not I’d buy it. I don’t see what’s wrong with an All Black Superhero Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    That crap with Synch and Skin was straight up bullisht.

Astonishing Member

The name would be silly but some of these line ups are cool (especially the ones with revived Synch.)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That crap with Synch and Skin was straight up bullisht.
    Yeah. And now notice how they're bringing back Madrox, and giving him a mini series.

And Hell they had Monet being more upset about his death (a dude who's dupe ONS her) than Synch (who was her first love). lol To the point she starts getting darker, and goes down the path of joining the Hellfire Club. And I somehow think she was supposed to be thinking of Madrox when she thinks Elixir can revive loved ones they lost.