Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #41 preview

Pretty art.

So we have a shipping container of evil in the Amazon jungle. Okay.

I'm loving their designs, but I'm really not fancying the Rebirth Female Furies. The seem so much weaker as entities than before. Do you have to be of the Uxas line or Big Barda to be a superpowered New God anymore? It seems it may be so.

Hmmm... Darkseid looks different than the previous time.. But I like the design..

So.. He wants relics now..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-22-2018 at 02:17 PM.

This is bad on so many levels.

Darkseid is acting like the most generic ass supervillain. "I dislike hearing no" had me rolling my eyes so hard. I get it, he's trying to flex what muscle he has regained, but jeez. It's so dumb and quite out of character. If he's so disappointed in the Furies, I don't know why he doesn't send that useless lump of character Grail to do his bidding. She's literally been doing nothing.

The Female Furies are a whole other topic. I'm just honestly shocked at their portrayal. How the actual hell did Steve and his men not only defeat the Furies, but also capture Lashina (one of the most skilled combatants) and Mad Harriet? This is just as bad if not worse than their portrayal in Superman where they were KO'd by Lois Lane. At least they're getting used in Mister Miracle next issue, which I am almost positive will be a better showing than this wreck.

The art is decent enough, but Stompa looks a damn mess.

I just don't know why I keep reading this garbage.

I hope we see some Kangas. But yea I wonder how the amazons will stand against Darkseid.

Incredible Member

Wow. What happened to the Female Furies? Granny Goodness really dropped the ball with this lot - badly beaten (and some captured) by regular, human soldiers!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Wow. What happened to the Female Furies? Granny Goodness really dropped the ball with this lot - badly beaten (and some captured) by regular, human soldiers!
    These are the same women who fought (and often beat) Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, etc. on the regular. It's just really, really bad writing. And would they do this to male villains?

Its not just as bad nor worse than Lois beating them. At the very least they are soldiers with some numbers, and on their own turf. But its still not good. Most DC writers just can't grasp how to utilize the Fourth World as the true threat it is fully. But that's not a new problem, its been a problem for 30 years if not longer. Robinson has hit some marks here with Darkseid (there's nothing out of character about this; calm, calculated, yet intimidating and unforgiving...how is that not Darkseid?) but he misses with the Furies.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-22-2018 at 05:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its not just as bad nor worse than Lois beating them.
    A low bar, that!

Darkseid (there's nothing out of character about this; calm, calculated, yet intimidating and unforgiving...how is that not Darkseid?)
    Overall I think you're right. But having him say "I fear you are no longer of use to me," and literally four panels later, "As it is, I may yet have need of you," makes him sound like an indecisive bluffer - or like the writer isn't keeping very careful track of what he's saying. Undoing a threat like that so quickly makes it harder to take him so seriously.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Geez............
    I don't look forward to reading this if and when it comes out in deluxe hardcover.
    Robinson really needs to take the John Byrne voicing the villain course

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its not just as bad nor worse than Lois beating them. At the very least they are soldiers with some numbers, and on their own turf. But its still not good. Most DC writers just can't grasp how to utilize the Fourth World as the true threat it is fully. But that's not a new problem, its been a problem for 30 years if not longer. Robinson has hit some marks here with Darkseid (there's nothing out of character about this; calm, calculated, yet intimidating and unforgiving...how is that not Darkseid?) but he misses with the Furies.
    Its worse, Lois atleast had the drop on them using their own weapons in the middle of a war involving heavy hitters. Here they just got fodderized by no names.

Secondly that arc atleast elevated Kalibak who is mostly mistreated.

I have no idea what is going on.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Its worse, Lois atleast had the drop on them using their own weapons in the middle of a war involving heavy hitters. Here they just got fodderized by no names.

Secondly that arc atleast elevated Kalibak who is mostly mistreated.
    It still stands out to me as way worse. By all rights she should have been killed the second she dropped into that fray, drop or no. Its a war of New Gods and and she's the lone normal human in the middle. Its just patently ridiculous a scene. Considering what Apokolips is she would have been dead the second she boomed there, frankly. And that's not a knock on her, its just a testament to what that place should be. Hence why she had no reason even being plotted as being on the planet in the first place. It was completely nonsensical. Its hard enough to imagine Batman going there and being able to do anything much less Lois. Again I don't think this is good either, I don't think any name from Apokolips loses against a human with Earth weapons, but it means more to me that there's at least a squad of trained soldiers, and that the fight takes place in an otherwise benign locale on Earth; IOW its a place that doesn't shoot fire and brimstone every other step, and have various other local monstrosities around every corner to contend with at well. To me that counts for a little bit more. Its just a race for worst in the end, the villainesses deserve better either way, but agree to disagree on this one as I think Tomasi put forth the more dubious effort in this regard.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-22-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

She spent time with them, I'm sure they taught her a few basics regarding how to survive. But at the end of the day Lois is a named character, losing to named character especially one who is actually important beats losing to a no name fodder soldier. I'm also certain that Lois has beaten soldiers herself in the past. So plot wise you can make a case for Lois, she was a protagonist with her own side arc in that story line.

Here the Furies just showed up for a few panels to get served. They weren't fodder there but they certainly are here.