Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    He had a pretty loyal fan base. Not everybody is so full of hate.

I just told you why he's considered "unhip." There's no "hate" involved in saying that. If he had looked and performed like Elvis, he'd have been a hundred times bigger. That's just a fact.

Or maybe if he had affected a completely freakish look like Michael Jackson did, he'd have been considered "cool."
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 05-19-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Drama:

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Poison became the symbol of Hair Metal/"poser bands" back in the 80's and were pretty much the punching bag for anyone who didn't like that style of music. "Talk Dirty To Me" is actually not a bad song at all. I'd make the argument that the opening riff is CC imitating Steve Jones from the Pistols imitating Johnny Thunders from New York Dolls.

Fun Fact: Slash from Guns and Roses ( who had a much grittier image) actually auditioned for a spot in this band.
    While I can't say for certain, I always thought that they might have lifted some of that number from the tune in the next post.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I just told you why he's considered "unhip." There's no "hate" involved in saying that. If he had looked and performed like Elvis, he'd have been a hundred times bigger. That's just a fact.

Or maybe if he had affected a completely freakish look like Michael Jackson did, he'd have been considered "cool."
    He looks almost exactly like Chris Pratt during Parks & Recreation in that clip. Sounds that way, too.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Love this song, but it can get you strange looks because of Silence of the Lambs.

BANNED

Posted in wrong thread

Ultimate Member

Just personal nostalgia...my mom's kitchen, a little white radio/cassette player, I was a little kid and one summer this was always on the airwaves...

George Perez was still drawing the Avengers and i was just old enuff to start realizing that actual people made these comic book things...
    Last edited by ed2962; 05-25-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Ultimate Member

I vaguely remember Casey Kassem saying something about them adding the "No More Tears" line so that the song could fit with Bab's "Wet" album where all the songs had something to do with water

While the title track of their debut was a deeply political song about slavery and social inequality, the big hit was this very pro status quo pop ditty:

That's all you need to know about America right there.

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

Listen closely to the background music in the Audible App commercial...it's an instrumental version of "Sunshine Day" made famous by the Brady Bunch/Brady Kids.

Ultimate Member

Ultimate Member

The different versions for beginning, end, and main release make this combo one my faves. Do the kids still say that?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The different versions for beginning, end, and main release make this combo one my faves. Do the kids still say that?

I am a fan!