Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It got worse. Here's Grey done up as an Asian, namely Chuin, Master of Sinanju from the regrettably bad early 90's big screen adaptation of the book series The Destroyer.

Didn't see it but I remember Reno Williams: The Adventure Begins being really hyped at the time. I also didn't read the Destroyer novel series but I did read some of the Executioner novels which you probably know was an influence on the Punisher. I actually somehow got away with doing book reports on a few of those when I was in grade school.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Didn't see it but I remember Reno Williams: The Adventure Begins being really hyped at the time. I also didn't read the Destroyer novel series but I did read some of the Executioner novels which you probably know was an influence on the Punisher. I actually somehow got away with doing book reports on a few of those when I was in grade school.
    I read both series back in the late 70’s-early 80’s when I was in the Navy and had lots of free time on my hand when I was stationed on ships and sailing the seven seas and enjoyed the heck out of those books.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I read both series back in the late 70’s-early 80’s when I was in the Navy and had lots of free time on my hand when I was stationed on ships and sailing the seven seas and enjoyed the heck out of those books.
    I know you've mentioned being the service in the past, but you were actually in the navy? This sounds like an excuse to post another song!

On a slightly more serious note I remember being kid when this song came out and hearing that the Navy actually considered using this song in their recruitment commercials but changed their minds when they discovered that some of the members of the group were gay?
    Last edited by ed2962; 11-11-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I know you've mentioned being the service in the past, but you were actually in the navy? This sounds like an excuse to post another song!

On a slightly more serious note I remember being kid when this song came out and hearing that the Navy actually considered using this song in their recruitment commercials but changed their minds when they discovered that some of the members of the group were gay?
    Oh, yes, I was indeed in the Navy (1976-1996), and that recruiting faux pas with Village People was very comical.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Regarding Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" video, have you all seen the "literal" song of the video?

Fred Durst gets a lot of flak now but back in 1999 this was my teenage jam. I still go back and listen to Limp Bizkit's first two albums. No shame.

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

I know King Of Wishing Thinking was posted, but I can't remember if this song was or not...

Invincible Member

Kelly Bundy did this play as well.
    Last edited by ed2962; 11-21-2018 at 07:43 PM. Reason: found a better version

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

This could have been a better song if stripped back to acoustic guitar backing and less histrionic vocals.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Invincible Member

No regrets!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    This could have been a better song if stripped back to acoustic guitar backing and less histrionic vocals.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    How about the Tina Turner version from her "in between careers" phase?

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Invincible Member

Classic ear worm, hear it once and you're humming it the rest of the day

Invincible Member

The OP started this thread with the Carpenters but I can't remember if this song has been posted yet