Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

I could be remembering this wrong but I wanna say there's some issue of X-Force that makes a veiled reference to this song. Thunderbird ( or whoever) says something like, "I like this song the first first you played it, but now I'm sick of it, Meltdown (or whoever)!"

Invincible Member

I still regret nothing

Invincible Member

MC Skat Kat actually had his own single, I have it on an old VHS somewhere!

Invincible Member

Ha! Here's the song!

Invincible Member

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

I play piano/keys... My band does a lot of blues, everything from the Allman bros to Stevie Ray Vaughn, to Kenny Wayne Shepherd, to redoing old classics from Bobby Bland and Little Milton... I was recently dared to re-imagine a Partridge Family song and turn it into a viable blues piece...(kind of like Wilson Pickett covering Sugar Sugar)... I'll let you know how it turns out....lol

BANNED

Invincible Member

This song was going through my head today

I didn't know until today that the premise of the movie was actually (very loosely) based on the story of a woman from Toronto. She worked a construction job during the day while working as a dancer at night in an effort to earn money to go to a prestigious dance school.

Supposedly she sold her rights for like $2000, and then the movie went on to make millions.
    Last edited by ed2962; 07-18-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Invincible Member

Styx started out as sort of a progressive band back in the 70's but went into a slightly more pop-rock direction after Dennis De Young joined the band and wrote some of their biggest hits. This song is from the album Kilroy Was Here and is basically the point where many folks felt Styx jumped the shark. Kilroy was a concept album having something to do with a near future America where religous conservatives take over and jail rock musicians. This song is about Kilroy escaping jail disguised as a robot. The whole thing is both pretentious and cheesy at the same time.

Having said that, the chorus is a classic "ear worm." Listen to it once and it's stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Styx started out as sort of a progressive band back in the 70's but went into a slightly more pop-rock direction after Dennis De Young joined the band and wrote some of their biggest hits. This song is from the album Kilroy Was Here and is basically the point where many folks felt Styx jumped the shark. Kilroy was a concept album having something to do with a near future America where religous conservatives take over and jail rock musicians. This song is about Kilroy escaping jail disguised as a robot. The whole thing is both pretentious and cheesy at the same time.

Having said that, the chorus is a classic "ear worm." Listen to it once and it's stuck in your head for the rest of the day.
    I still play
    when my Blue Jays are facing elimination

Invincible Member

Saw this movie as a kid on broadcast TV and probably half of it went completely over my head. Watched it again when I was probably 19-ish and was blown away by everything I missed in it before.

dupe........
    Last edited by Custodes; 07-28-2018 at 11:48 PM.

I often go to a nostalgia, antenna type TV station. Metv dot com and put on their "music" it plays in the background and I "surf." Right now they are playing Sweet Caroline, by Neil Diamond, I think. They play hits(mostly) from the 60s,70s,80s, I know most of the tunes and it becomes Muzak in the background. R&B, Rock, Easy listening mostly.

I see Styx, Cabaret and others above I used to hear a lot. I sometimes used to play Mr Roboto as a revenge song. If a friend puts an annoying tune in my head, I would play that in the car or sing it and try to make it get stuck in their head all day. ;-) As pass it on.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

For the longest time, I felt like I was the only person in America that had a collection of this group's records. They had released 4 CDs in Europe, but in the US, only two. OF course, I had the two US versions, and all 4 European songs as well.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Musical math.......Take one former lead singer for a German pop group, add one English singer, add one bi-lingual cover version of a song done by the former group of the first signer, and you get a big European hit in 2002.