Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I think Weezer today has a niche somewhere around Barenaked Ladies.
    As a person who believes BBT is actually a documentary, I offer this as a sign that the hipness of Barenaked Ladies is up for lively debate. And I was Sheldon Cooper decades before that was cool.

Invincible Member

Suzi Quarto performing as "Leather Tuscadero" on Happy Days TV show

Songs from TV shows, is it? Although Bakula arguably can not find a series finale that doesn't suck, he can sing. Impossible Dream is softer than I usually prefer, but the tone suits the character.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Invincible Member

Frankie Goes to Hollywood, then to San Jose

My love for this cover may belong in the controversial thread, but I love this whole Frankie album.

Invincible Member

The theme to MASH movie. I saw this on broadcast TV when i was I teenager, but I should watch it again cuz I'm sure some of it went over my head. Having said that, even then I knew despite it being set in Korea it was an metaphor for Viet Nam ( and seriously who could miss it considering the poster art). Also, when they did the TV show, they dropped the lyrics because they were too depressing

AND this last trivia bit...the tv show lasted twice as long as the real life Korean War.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The theme to MASH movie. I saw this on broadcast TV when i was I teenager, but I should watch it again cuz I'm sure some of it went over my head. Having said that, even then I knew despite it being set in Korea it was an metaphor for Viet Nam ( and seriously who could miss it considering the poster art). Also, when they did the TV show, they dropped the lyrics because they were too depressing

AND this last trivia bit...the tv show lasted twice as long as the real life Korean War.
    I was a kid at the drive-in with my parents and my father tells of my mother panicking and covering the eyes of me and my brother during Sally Kellerman's shower scene. Good times.

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

Cher!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I find the interview snippet at the beginning of this interesting. Bette really thought this would bring her back to the charts, she believed in the song - and it barely made a dent. There were at least 3 other recordings by more or less famous artists before Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville made it a worldwide hit.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I really like that one too!

That little bridge between the second verse and the second chorus is way awesome!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

I see your Culture Club and raise you a Spandau Ballet.
    (Though to be fair, this was from their sophomore album Diamond preceding their schmaltzier stuff like 'True' and 'Through The Barricades' - which I also happen to love XD)

Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Invincible Member

I unironically think this is a great song. I know this band got a lot of backlash for being a bubble-gum alt rock band, but seriously this is super catchy. Also, even though this video censors the term "crystal meth", if you listen to the lyrics, the song clearly is about drug addiction.

I go in pretty hard for Kate Bush. Most people I grew up with couldn't stand her music, but I'm not sure if it was actually "uncool".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum