Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I usually can't stand manufactured pop (what a surprise eh ). If the song is good enough though it will override that prejudice. This song is as sappy as hell but I love it
    I never even knew Natasha had a brother until one day I heard this one on a CD in my girlfriend's car:

I felt very ashamed when I asked her who it was, trying to disguise my interest as mere curiosity.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    I never even knew Natasha had a brother until one day I heard this one on a CD in my girlfriend's car:

I felt very ashamed when I asked her who it was, trying to disguise my interest as mere curiosity.
    Back when I first started dating my wife, I found a CD in her car that had like 8 remixes of that song. A few months ago it came up on Spotify and I just stared at her, like I was daring her to not sing it. She lasted maybe 15 seconds.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 03-02-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Maxence Cyrin has a beautifully haunting version of Where Is My Mind that I would never admit to liking to any of my friends who are Pixies fans.

I do remember being in Sonoma wine tasting a few years ago with my girlfriend. She wanted to stop in a little shoppe that sold accoutrements for babies and toddlers because a friend of hers had just gave birth and my girlfriend wanted to buy her a gift. This was playing in the store when we went in:

I asked the clerk what it was, and she told me they had an entire line of albums called Rockabye Baby where they made popular and underground rock classics into children's rock-a-byes. They had what seemed to be the entire line of CD's there, with hits from Bowie, Nirvana, Radiohead and Queen to AC/DC and Tool. Needless to say, if I had a child, I would have bought the entire lot! I was half tempted to anyways.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Here's the aforementioned Maxence Cyrin version, which brings me nearly to tears every time I hear it:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That's plenty of cool and plenty of hip music there. I've turned a side eye at quite a bit of entries here but some of this is timeless cool.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I have plenty of songs marked on my iTunes just so they won't show up on any of my smart playlists. Quite a few of them are Phil Collins songs.
    Like a lot of old school Genesis fans I do vastly prefer the Peter Gabriel/Steve Hackett era of the group.

Unlike a lot of them though I don't accept that the Phil Collins fronted period of the band is without merit. It's not the same Genesis but it's still quite good.

Simple but affecting songs like this you can never go wrong with:

Maxence Cyrin has a beautifully haunting version of Where Is My Mind that I would never admit to liking to any of my friends who are Pixies fans.

I do remember being in Sonoma wine tasting a few years ago with my girlfriend. She wanted to stop in a little shoppe that sold accoutrements for babies and toddlers because a friend of hers had just gave birth and my girlfriend wanted to buy her a gift. This was playing in the store when we went in:

I asked the clerk what it was, and she told me they had an entire line of albums called Rockabye Baby where they made popular and underground rock classics into children's rock-a-byes. They had what seemed to be the entire line of CD's there, with hits from Bowie, Nirvana, Radiohead and Queen to AC/DC and Tool. Needless to say, if I had a child, I would have bought the entire lot! I was half tempted to anyways.
    They play these at my daughter's day care during naptime. The first time I noticed, Paranoid Android was playing, but its was all cutesy little twinkles.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 03-02-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Wow really! Your whole post could be the same as mine. I enjoyed Barbie Girl too. Been a while (years) since i heard that. Maybe more then a decade and a half. Fun music.

This maybe the only one which can come close to embarrass me. It can be taken as too 'girlie' and too 'kiddie'. lol.
    LOL, didn't even know you'd already posted that Soubhagya, but yeah I didn't mind it back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, Eurovision made THIS group popular all over the world after winning the contest in 1974 with this song:

Yes, I'm an ABBA fan! I don't deny it!
    I don't mind a bit of ABBA, still got the ''Gold'' album with all their biggest hits on it

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you are going to go that route, it's worth noting that this tune is from the album Them. That record and the album that followed it Conspiracy were a concept album duo. More info...

- Them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Them_(King_Diamond_album)
    - Conspiracy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspi...Diamond_album)

There's also some solid gold here -
    This is at least three trades worth of material!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Like a lot of old school Genesis fans I do vastly prefer the Peter Gabriel/Steve Hackett era of the group.

Unlike a lot of them though I don't accept that the Phil Collins fronted period of the band is without merit. It's not the same Genesis but it's still quite good.

Simple but affecting songs like this you can never go wrong with:

I actually like this song a lot. It moved me at a time when I wasn't a relationship but was just old enuff to understand the emotions involved.

Wonderful!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Invincible Member

Shania Twain singing ACDC's "You Shook Me". At one time Twain was married to "Mutt" Lange who was the producer for Back In Black where the song originally appeared.

Invincible Member

David Naughton! Remember "American Werewolf in London" and the Dr Pepper commercials ( wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?)...this is the theme to the TV show he had briefly.

Invincible Member

I will fight you over how perfect this song is

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Here's the aforementioned Maxence Cyrin version, which brings me nearly to tears every time I hear it:

Did they use an old Greta Garbo movie for that clip? Looks like maybe Anna Karenina