Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

We can NEVER have too much Petula.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Invincible Member

Fame was a 1980 hit musical about the lives of students at the High School of Performing Arts in NY. Originally it was going to be called Hot Lunch inspired by the filmmakers hanging out with some of the students and being moved by the energy of the kids hanging out in the lunch room. While filming they decided they had to change the name because they found out there was an X-Rated movie with the exact same title that had just come out.

Invincible Member

Semi infamously, the dancers here are actually dancing to "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summers as the title song hadn't been completed yet and was later edited in.

Invincible Member

"...Kiss the girls and made them cry..."

I was fond of this back in High school.

Invincible Member

Short dude on the far right...what ever happened to the skull cap guy character?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Short dude on the far right...what ever happened to the skull cap guy character?

Y'now, I really thought there were six of them, not seven . . .

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Y'now, I really thought there were six of them, not seven . . .
    I wonder if they let him go because everyone else looks like a model and he looks like just some dude.

Retired

When I was a teen in the 1970s, I was something of a snob about ABBA. They were too slick or too commercial or whatever--even though I liked a lot of other slick, commercial singers and bands at the time. I would hear their songs on the radio and I didn't mind them, but I could not be bothered to show that much interest in them. My older brother loved them and I thought this was evidence of his stupidity.

It was only in early March of 2018, when LEGENDS OF TOMORROW was about to do a show that seemed to have something to do with ABBA--"Here I go again!--that I started to look at some ABBA on youtube to prepare myself for that episode. Thus began a binge of everything ABBA and I realized what an idiot I was as a teen. I missed so much by not giving in to the wonder that is ABBA. I wish I could travel back in time and give my young self a thump on the head. You stupid fool--you should have watched and listened to everything you could get from ABBA!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When I was a teen in the 1970s, I was something of a snob about ABBA. They were too slick or too commercial or whatever--even though I liked a lot of other slick, commercial singers and bands at the time. I would hear their songs on the radio and I didn't mind them, but I could not be bothered to show that much interest in them. My older brother loved them and I thought this was evidence of his stupidity.

It was only in early March of 2018, when LEGENDS OF TOMORROW was about to do a show that seemed to have something to do with ABBA--"Here I go again!--that I started to look at some ABBA on youtube to prepare myself for that episode. Thus began a binge of everything ABBA and I realized what an idiot I was as a teen. I missed so much by not giving in to the wonder that is ABBA. I wish I could travel back in time and give my young self a thump on the head. You stupid fool--you should have watched and listened to everything you could get from ABBA!
    However, nothing can be done to make Air Supply seem cool!

Invincible Member

The cat Sabastian does a pretty decent snicker, but I'll always associate that laugh with Muttley/Mumbly character that floated across a few different cartoon shows.

Invincible Member

Divine, You Think You're a Man

Invincible Member

Singer Pete Burns passed away supposedly due to complications related to plastic surgery. He was friends/rivals with Boy George

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Singer Pete Burns passed away supposedly due to complications related to plastic surgery. He was friends/rivals with Boy George
    I find it hard, errrr, no difficult, that's it difficult to find the best words to express my feelings about this video.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Invincible Member

Olivia Newton John