View Poll Results: Who was the best X-Man leader?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xavier

31 12.76%
  • Jean Grey

22 9.05%
  • Kitty Pryde

5 2.06%
  • Cyclops

154 63.37%
  • Wolverine

6 2.47%
  • Storm

64 26.34%
  • Magneto

14 5.76%
  • Emma Frost

23 9.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Is IVX a good measure when it comes to leadership? I mean, yeah, Storm didn't look good on it, and she didn't really appear as a proper leader (during the event), but then again who did? Pretty much all X-Men acted like morons. Emma was crazy, Ororo was submissive, Forge was an idiot, Beast was a cowardly mess, OML got taken down by kids, Psylocke only panel was of her getting beaten by Medusa like she was nothing.

And Kitty was still with her space boyfriend in outer space while her family suffered another extinction threat.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    In fact, it's fundamental to see the enormous hypocrisy of all the Avengers there.
    The Avengers, specially Captain America being hypocrites? Shocker.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 02-26-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Is IVX a good measure when it comes to leadership? I mean, yeah, Storm didn't look good on it, and she didn't really appear as a proper leader (during the event), but then again who did? Pretty much all X-Men acted like morons. Emma was crazy, Ororo was submissive, Forge was an idiot, Beast was a scary mess, OML got taken down by kids, Psylocke only panel was of her getting beaten by Medusa like she was nothing.

And Kitty was still with her space boyfriend in outer space while her family suffered another extinction threat.

Actually, some Storm fans are saying that IvX is the example of Storm's good leadership skills, that she saved the mutant race.

Yeah, I had the "SERIOUSLY??!!!" face, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Actually, some Storm fans are saying that IvX is the example of Storm's good leadership skills, that she saved the mutant race.

Oh wow.

I mean, to each their own I guess but at least for me IvX didn't do any good for any X-Men. Storm for example looked terribly lost in there, she also was so incredibly submissive in general. I hated how they made the X-Men Medusa's bitches.

Cyclops will always be the main leader of the X-Men to me. Followed by Storm, who owned it in UXM 201.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Cyke is master strategist and tactican
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Her efforts did save the mutant race.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Is IVX a good measure when it comes to leadership? I mean, yeah, Storm didn't look good on it, and she didn't really appear as a proper leader (during the event), but then again who did? Pretty much all X-Men acted like morons. Emma was crazy, Ororo was submissive, Forge was an idiot, Beast was a cowardly mess, OML got taken down by kids, Psylocke only panel was of her getting beaten by Medusa like she was nothing.

I usually just associate IvX with Emma's character assassination - however, seeing this, it reminds me that no-one, no Inhuman, no mutant benefited from that event.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Spectacular Member

Oh wow.

I mean, to each their own I guess but at least for me IvX didn't do any good for any X-Men. Storm for example looked terribly lost in there, she also was so incredibly submissive in general. I hated how they made the X-Men Medusa's bitches.
    Absolutely agree,IvX is a terrible event which spoil the whole x-men。It's unimaginable that psylocke was beaten by bitch Medusa easily,it's all soule‘s fault。Storm has been written badly since EXM,her strong will was ignored and those damn writers kept making her say she was tired and hopeless。Storm was possessed by a humble inhuman Mosaic ,which alsi shocked me,ororo‘s will is absooutely extremely strong as she has kicked Malice out of her mind

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I usually just associate IvX with Emma's character assassination - however, seeing this, it reminds me that no-one, no Inhuman, no mutant benefited from that event.
    Soule‘s run was quite bad and the story obviously bored us。He didn't respect characters at all!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That’s unfortunately not true. If you remove Storm from the crisis, it would still have been resolved, and I don’t mean in a “they’re comics characters, of course status quo will be maintained” way, but that she didn’t actually make the decisions necessary to end the crisis. Her back was to the wall with IvX and it was Emma who got the ball rolling to take the fight to the Inhumans. Yes, she wanted Storm’s help, but ultimately, she was after revenge and Medusa removed any credit ANY X-Man would’ve gained ending the crisis by simply blowing up the cloud. I agree that Storm saved lives, but despite it being within her power, she did not end the crisis nor did her own decisions lead to the end of the crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberjack View Post
    Soule‘s run was quite bad and the story obviously bored us。He didn't respect characters at all!
    Wasn’t there more editorial meddling than usual?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I voted for Storm since X-Treme X-Men was my favourite book but she really lost points for me with how things turned out during Fall of the Mutants to the end of Australia era.

The Scott/Emma era was the best in terms of leadership.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What efforts though? Did you read that travesty?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That’s unfortunately not true. If you remove Storm from the crisis, it would still have been resolved, and I don’t mean in a “they’re comics characters, of course status quo will be maintained” way, but that she didn’t actually make the decisions necessary to end the crisis. Her back was to the wall with IvX and it was Emma who got the ball rolling to take the fight to the Inhumans. Yes, she wanted Storm’s help, but ultimately, she was after revenge and Medusa removed any credit ANY X-Man would’ve gained ending the crisis by simply blowing up the cloud. I agree that Storm saved lives, but despite it being within her power, she did not end the crisis nor did her own decisions lead to the end of the crisis.
    Incorrect. It was Storm who worked tirelessly to relocate mutants all across the world until a solution was found for the cloud, it was Storm who worked with the Inhumans versus starting an unnecessary war to exasperate an already dire situation. Her approach was one that was diplomatic, not submissive, to ensure all players involved would come out on top. That's what good leadership is and that is why her efforts helped save the mutant race.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What efforts though? Did you read that travesty?
    Unfortunately I did.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incorrect. It was Storm who worked tirelessly to relocate mutants all across the world until a solution was found for the cloud, it was Storm who worked with the Inhumans versus starting an unnecessary war to exasperate an already dire situation. Her approach was one that was diplomatic, not submissive, to ensure all players involved would come out on top. That's what good leadership is and that is why her efforts helped save the mutant race.

Unfortunately I did.
    Its not incorrect. NO one is disputing that Storm saved lives but saving lives over the course of EXM isnt what saved the mutant race. They were all going to die in IvX bc the atmosphere was about to be saturated by the cloud. It was the act of destroying the cloud that saved the mutant race and Storm wasnt responsible for that. Emma is the one that destroyed the first one and she orchestrated the destruction of the second one. Storm didnt really do anything of significance towards that. She was a puppet that Emma manipulated to get the X-men to carry out her plans for revenge but as we saw in IvX #0 and throughout the mini, she was the mastermind behind it all