View Poll Results: Who should have been Jean Grey's true love?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xavier

9 5.92%
  • Cyclops

110 72.37%
  • Beast

2 1.32%
  • Angel

4 2.63%
  • Wolverine

20 13.16%
  • Emma Frost

27 17.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm totally shocked. Cyclops belong with Emma. The two of them are more aligned seeing they tend to lean towards the dark evil side. And Emma with Jean over Logan?? Lolol Jean deserves to give her romance with Logan a try they were made for each other.
    Not a single untruth here.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm totally shocked. Cyclops belong with Emma. The two of them are more aligned seeing they tend to lean towards the dark evil side. And Emma with Jean over Logan?? Lolol Jean deserves to give her romance with Logan a try they were made for each other.
    Except that cyclops isn't supposed to be evil or edgy, emma brings the worst of him.
    i don't hate logan/Jean but the ones that literally were made to be together were scott and jean

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I am not at all shocked
    it's what I suspected
    Cyclops is running away with Jean's true love poll, and Jean is running away with Cyclop's true love
    I am both a Cyclops fan and Jean fan as well as Cyclops/Jean relationship fan, and so I am very pleased with the results
    I voted for Cyclops on the Jean true love poll, and I voted for Jean on the Cyclops' true love poll

Cyclops and Jean are each other's true love
    Even the end of Phoenix: Resurrection has confirmed that. Cyclops loved/loves Jean more than Emma. There is no comparison.
    It really didn't Scotts feelings for Jean were fleeting because she was once upon a time married to her and he felt guilty. And AvX kind of confirmed that Emma was better for him. Cyclops showing candor.

That was also the Phoenix trying to manipulate Jean into merging with it

Also Jeans reaction was tell Logan I miss him
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-23-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Except that cyclops isn't supposed to be evil or edgy, emma brings the worst of him.
    i don't hate logan/Jean but the ones that literally were made to be together were scott and jean
    I strongly agree with you that Cyclops isn't supposed to be evil or edgy.
    I don't get butterflykyss' statement about Scott tending to lean toward the dark evil side.

I strongly agree with you that Scott and Jean are made for each other
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

The Phoenix Force, honestly, including both the good and bad connotations of any relationship.

Cyclops popularity sky rocketed after he became edgy. Storm evolved why can't Cyclops

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cyclops popularity sky rocketed after he became edgy. Storm evolved why can't Cyclops
    a person doesn't have to be edgy to evolve
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Because it's a ripoff of the Lorna push from 03/04 from Austen. It was hilarious. Cyclops wanted to be Exodus all of a sudden instead of being loyal to his friends and living the dream. It was his basically their version of Superior Spider Man.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

don't confuse character development and evolution with character assassination. for years scott development was based on destroying everything he was, the betrayal and deconstruction of all his relationships.
    It was like watching a trainwreck, it's funny for a while but you know it's going to end bad and it did. scott is now dead because he couldn't be deconstructed anymore, his character is way to damaged and his story was already told.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I am not at all shocked
    it's what I expected
    Cyclops is running away with Jean's true love poll, and Jean is running away with Cyclop's true love
    I am both a Cyclops fan and Jean fan as well as Cyclops/Jean relationship fan, and so I am very pleased with the results
    I voted for Cyclops on the Jean true love poll, and I voted for Jean on the Cyclops' true love poll

Cyclops and Jean are each other's true love
    Even the end of Phoenix: Resurrection has confirmed that. Cyclops loved/loves Jean more than Emma. There is no comparison.
    I think Jean was in love with the man he was not the man he became after her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Not a single untruth here.
    Thank you

I appreciated the cyclops more who fought for Xavier dream than the man he became during the whole cyclops was right bs. His experienced am assassination of his character but canon is canon. I just don't see Jean being down for the guy he became. Jean fans am I incorrect?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I feel like Clint's world weariness, coupled with Jean's earnest optimism would make for a very interesting relationship. I think Jean is a good counterpoint to gritty, earthy guys. Did you ever read that one-shot written by Scott Lobdell that centered on Jean and Grifter from WildCats? He was much more bare-knuckled and even experienced in terms of espionage, but Jean was lively, daring and genuine. It made for a very entertaining dynamic and they had awesome romantic chemistry.
    I have not read it, but I've seen bits here and there. Clint is my favorite Avenger, and I've never been against Jean seeing someone while Scott's away, but I have been clear that I don't want her rushed into anything. I've also said that I would enjoy a human character to be prominent in the X-books, as an outsider among the ultimate outsiders. Certainly not to steal the spotlight, but when's the last time there was a big human character among the X-Men? Dr. Rao?

BANNED

I think Jean was in love with the man he was not the man he became after her death.
    He was kinda faking the "Mr. Faithful Goodguy" thing the whole time. No wonder it didn't work out really.

He should have just knocked Psylocke's boots early on and that would have saved everyone a lot of grief.

He'd have gotten a real British accent as a bonus.

BANNED

don't confuse character development and evolution with character assassination. for years scott development was based on destroying everything he was, the betrayal and deconstruction of all his relationships.
    It was like watching a trainwreck, it's funny for a while but you know it's going to end bad and it did. scott is now dead because he couldn't be deconstructed anymore, his character is way to damaged and his story was already told.
    Hey, Jean bounced back from cosmic genocide (6 billions dead), literally thousands times the holocaust, if she can why cyclops can't keep going. He can be the next Dr doom, siniestro or black Adam, take the shi ar throne, there are so many things he could do but editorial was pissed because nobody took their avengers and Inhumans was right cool aid... At least Inhumans are buried under the fill, Marvel learned a lesson to not **** with the X-Men, and to not **** with cyclops. Ultimately no character is ever damaged, what you see as damage and assassinations other see as Evolution and opportunity, people still debate whether Jean should or should not be the Phoenix like an eternal circle, and she remains Ms perfection with no character progression, you know what's the flaw in perfection, it can't change otherwise it'd stop being perfection . Tell me, Am I wrong!

Heroes aren't supposed to be anything, heroes are supposed to change and evolve, those that don't like it simply call it character assassinations because he isn't "muh Cyclops". Cyclops can become edgy if he wants to, I see no problem with that, he's edgy during curse of the mutants and astonishing X-Men, maybe wolverine fans are envious because they didn't had the monopoly on edgy rebel character while logan became the avengers lapdog while Cycling looked like an edgy rebel to the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The Phoenix.
    I think Jean Grey is the true love of the Phoenix, but it is unrequited love.

In your opinion. Cyclops was deconstructed then built up then deconstructed by the editors and that backfired to make him more of a underdog. It's evolution