Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Wish it had happened before he had Nighthawk killed off panel. Too bad about Samnee.
    Shouldn't be a problem for anyone to bring Nighthawk back, should the need or desire arise.

BANNED

I’ll miss Walker as he was responsible for some of the best written Marvel books

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    I'd rather forgotten Chris Samnee was still at Marvel, honestly.
    Well, he was recently attached to a high-profile Cap run with Mark Waid so I'd think it'd be hard to miss him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem for anyone to bring Nighthawk back, should the need or desire arise.
    I don't see anyone in an immediate rush to bring back anyone from the Squadron at this point, to be honest.

I can't say I was a big fan of either one of them but I wish them the best
    We need better comics

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm sure most people will think Samnee is the bigger news, but I'm really sad about David F. Walker because I thought he was a great Marvel writer who just needed a bigger book to break through. I had advocated giving him Defenders before I learned it was cancelled (I actually think he would have done better than Bendis on that book). At a minimum, I figured he would get Miles Morales's book.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Add Gabriel Walta to the list.

https://www.newsarama.com/38800-gabr...ract-ends.html

Walker, he was definitely the underrated writer, his PM/IF run was great and his Occupy Avengers tie ins were one of the bright spots of that awful event.

Samnee, sucks he's leaving but I guess he's leaving on a big one. Plus a decade with marvel, I can see him jumping to the DC.

Walta, well, Magneto and Vision are 2 great looking books with two great stories. Sucks he's leaving now just as Doctor Strange is going great. Sucks he's leaving.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Losing Walker sucks. I thought most of his Luke Cage was weak compared to his prior works but that last issue (just this week) was masterful stuff.

I'd rather forgotten Chris Samnee was still at Marvel, honestly.
    I like Walker but I'm thinking that his best work was outside of Marvel/DC.

BANNED

Sucks about Samnee, Walker though.......Well maybe? I found Occupy Avengers one of the worst most insufferable, pretentious, & insulting books I've ever seen brought to page since AXIS, but I did like his Power Man & Iron Fist stuff so wish they'd at least give him another chance with someone bigger.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, David Walker wrote Nighthawk, Occupy Avengers, Luke Cage and Power Man&Iron Fist, right? Four horribly selling series.

Maybe he should have been given a shot at writing a bigger book.
    He probably could've been given bigger titles but for his time at Marvel he got to write an Avengers book coming out of a major event and two characters in Iron Fist and Luke Cage had who had quite a bit of exposure due to Netflix.

Not too shabby as far as opportunities go imho

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Add Gabriel Walta to the list.

https://www.newsarama.com/38800-gabr...ract-ends.html

Walker, he was definitely the underrated writer, his PM/IF run was great and his Occupy Avengers tie ins were one of the bright spots of that awful event.

Samnee, sucks he's leaving but I guess he's leaving on a big one. Plus a decade with marvel, I can see him jumping to the DC.

Walta, well, Magneto and Vision are 2 great looking books with two great stories. Sucks he's leaving now just as Doctor Strange is going great. Sucks he's leaving.
    This feels like the opposite of DC Rebirth with all these writers and artists leaving .

(Although ironically Walker left DC around Rebirth).

BANNED

So David Walker actually updated saying that he's not leaving Marvel just not doing anything for them at the moment so it's not like he's entirely gone yet.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think Walker is pissed. He tweeted something early this year which seemed like shade at the wave of cancellations, so I understand if he is hesitant to write for Marvel again knowing they'll probably just put him on another title that's just going to get cancelled again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think Walker is pissed. He tweeted something early this year which seemed like shade at the wave of cancellations, so I understand if he is hesitant to write for Marvel again knowing they'll probably just put him on another title that's just going to get cancelled again.
    I know Walker probably really enjoyed and felt passionate about the titles he was writing, but I can understand the disappointment of constantly being put on titles that end up getting axed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Aswell he should be...

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's a shame that Walker's Marvel projects didn't find a bigger audience. I especially loved his Power Man & Iron Fist run. But given how his series' performed sales wise, it's not surprising he's moving on. Good luck to him.

As for Samnee, not too big a surprise. He's had a long tenure at Marvel and has had a turn at some big projects in that time. Time to explore other options. If DC doesn't put him on at least an arc of Superman, if not more, it's an enormous opportunity missed. His style would be perfect for the Man of Steel.
    I agree. He wants to write too, so him soloing Supergirl would be cool.