Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default David F. Walker and Chris Samnee Leaving marvel

BANNED

Kind of sad considering Walker was an okay writer and Samnee is a true talent at Marvel. They'll be missed.

BANNED

Marvel seem to be losing a lot more creative talent than they're signing.

Walker is overrated IMO.

i think Samnee is going to draw Batman...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Kind of sad considering Walker was an okay writer and Samnee is a true talent at Marvel. They'll be missed.
    It's a shame that Walker's Marvel projects didn't find a bigger audience. I especially loved his Power Man & Iron Fist run. But given how his series' performed sales wise, it's not surprising he's moving on. Good luck to him.

As for Samnee, not too big a surprise. He's had a long tenure at Marvel and has had a turn at some big projects in that time. Time to explore other options. If DC doesn't put him on at least an arc of Superman, if not more, it's an enormous opportunity missed. His style would be perfect for the Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's a shame that Walker's Marvel projects didn't find a bigger audience. I especially loved his Power Man & Iron Fist run. But given how his series' performed sales wise, it's not surprising he's moving on. Good luck to him.

As for Samnee, not too big a surprise. He's had a long tenure at Marvel and has had a turn at some big projects in that time. Time to explore other options. If DC doesn't put him on at least an arc of Superman, if not more, it's an enormous opportunity missed. His style would be perfect for the Man of Steel.
    He did a short tale for Adventures of Superman.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I'm curious if DC will pick at least one of them up.

Walker had turned in some solid and fun Marvel work so it's a shame it never sold as well as it should have, but at least he got to have a few underrated runs under his belt. For my money I would've liked to have seen him write Miles' book at some point.

Samnee's done some terrific work with Marvel so it'll be weird not to see him and Waid continuing their partnership, but I guess every artist feels the need to move on to new prospects.

I wish them both the best of luck with their future projects.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, David Walker wrote Nighthawk, Occupy Avengers, Luke Cage and Power Man&Iron Fist, right? Four horribly selling series.

Maybe he should have been given a shot at writing a bigger book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    He did a short tale for Adventures of Superman.

Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, David Walker wrote Nighthawk, Occupy Avengers, Luke Cage and Power Man&Iron Fist, right? Four horribly selling series.

Maybe he should have been given a shot at writing a bigger book.
    Maybe. But likely the fact that none of his books sold well would have made Marvel reluctant to give him a bigger project.

Incredible Member

I wasn't a fan of Walker but Samnee is pretty great. I'm sure Samnee has a high profile gig lined up elsewhere.

Hope DC hire Samnee, I really liked his work on Daredevil and Black Widow, he does action really well. His work kind of reminds Shaner a little.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't get the love for Samnee. His style just looks old and muddy to me.

Wish it had happened before he had Nighthawk killed off panel. Too bad about Samnee.

Samnee of a Superman book or JSA would be a dream come true. He could also alternate on Terrifics with Shaner.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Losing Walker sucks. I thought most of his Luke Cage was weak compared to his prior works but that last issue (just this week) was masterful stuff.

I'd rather forgotten Chris Samnee was still at Marvel, honestly.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.