Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Wish it had happened before he had Nighthawk killed off panel. Too bad about Samnee.
    It was on panel.
    I have enjoyed stuff from both. Pity they aren't creating anymore

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    So David Walker actually updated saying that he's not leaving Marvel just not doing anything for them at the moment so it's not like he's entirely gone yet.
    That was actually my first thought, but it was so widely reported I was confused. He wasn't Marvel exclusive, right? As long as he doesn't sign an exclusive with some other company, he's just a freelance either way.

I suppose the same is possible with Samnee (do they have exclusive deals for artists?). But an artist typically isn't going to be able to do more than one book a month, so he would effectively not be able to commit to Marvel if he's doing something else.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I don't think Samnee was as good as everyone says. Good riddance to him.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The Waid/Samnee Captain America book has been fun. Nothing crazy amazing, but very entertaining. It is 100% the kind of superhero book I've been missing in my diet of monthly American comic books.

I bet he lands on a Superman title at DC!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-24-2018 at 06:06 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I will say this - as much as I dig Samnee, I'm even more hyped to see Hawkeye's Leonardo Romero doing art for Waid's Cap.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I like Walker but I'm thinking that his best work was outside of Marvel/DC.
    Same. For one thing I liked Shaft. For all the factors that go into making a title "work" or last, I don't think Walker's ability was a missing one. But maybe things can work better for him outside of the big two.

I hope Samnee goes to DC, though. Not because he has any lack of ability, either, but I think his style is sorely needed in superhero comics and it'd probably be good to co-plot and eventually write things he draws on a regular basis before coming up with his own title. I believe he can be one of the biggest names in art and high profile work will help that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Downright brilliant in the use of negative space, consistently sharp aesthetics and layouts.

Mighty Member

It's no secret that Walker and Bendis are close friends. I bet dollars to dougnuts Bendis got him a Job.

Samnee is an incredible talent and can really get work anywhere he wants. DC would be foolish not to try to pick him up on an exclusive contract, although really the ball will be in Samnee's court.

Not super big on Gabriel Walta, but he's alright. You need to put him on the right kind of book. I did enjoy him on Vision. Hell, maybe Him and tom king can do a kite man book or something haha.

BANNED

Soon Aaron, Cates and Coates will be writing every Marvel book

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    It was on panel.
    I have enjoyed stuff from both. Pity they aren't creating anymore
    Yeah, he was out of costume. Randomly shot down in a racist attack. We see it happen at the beginning of the issue, we only find out later it was him when the Nighthawk we've been following in that issue turns out to be Deadly Nightshade.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he was out of costume. Randomly shot down in a racist attack. We see it happen at the beginning of the issue, we only find out later it was him when the Nighthawk we've been following in that issue turns out to be Deadly Nightshade.
    That's even lamer than an off-panel death, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I will say this - as much as I dig Samnee, I'm even more hyped to see Hawkeye's Leonardo Romero doing art for Waid's Cap.
    I do like him better but as long asWaid is the author I think I'll stay away from the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

Downright brilliant in the use of negative space, consistently sharp aesthetics and layouts.
    I'll give him a certain talent in the visual storytelling department but I don't recall him every delivering a panel that had me take a second look even when the scene was ment to be impactful I always had the feeling of "Oh, so that just happened" and nothing more. Add to that that his characters have robotic expressions most of the time and the fact that I never really enjoyed his designs and you'll realise why I am not exactly sad that I won't see him around anymore.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter