Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I very much doubt editorial would allow Bunn to kill Magneto, Polaris or Daken even if he wanted to, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't. Jimmy Hudson + Bloodstorm are confirmed for later issues based on comic covers in progress. That leaves Xorn and Gazing Nightshade, unless of course there are others involved. Tbh, both are expendable and I wouldn't care too much if either of them were to die.

Has anyone considered that Bunn really does kill off characters as he's insinuating, and this is where Elixir enters the fray? He's resurrected Magneto, and his powers are only growing...
    This didn't occur to me - and he probably would do it.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    This didn't occur to me - and he probably would do it.
    Well, Bunn has confirmed Elixir will appear in X-Men Blue. We just don't know when or why. It certainly makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I very much doubt editorial would allow Bunn to kill Magneto, Polaris or Daken even if he wanted to, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't. Jimmy Hudson + Bloodstorm are confirmed for later issues based on comic covers in progress. That leaves Xorn and Gazing Nightshade, unless of course there are others involved. Tbh, both are expendable and I wouldn't care too much if either of them were to die.

Has anyone considered that Bunn really does kill off characters as he's insinuating, and this is where Elixir enters the fray? He's resurrected Magneto, and his powers are only growing...
    No, I didn't consider it, but I can see it possible in the solicits.

Cry Havok #1

X-MEN BLUE #23
    With the X-MEN lost in space, EMMA FROST, HAVOK, BASTION and MISS SINISTER hatch their devious plans! Is there a worse time for their most dangerous enemies to strike? And wouldn’t it make matters much, much worse if POLARIS once again fell victim to the body-stealing MALICE?

Cry Havok #2

X-MEN BLUE #24
    The X-MEN are missing, but MAGNETO mobilizes against his enemies! His first target: SEBASTIAN SHAW! What lengths will MAGNETO go to uncover his enemies’ secrets? Meanwhile, JIMMY HUDSON and BLOODSTORM face the MALICE-possessed POLARIS!

Cry Havok #3

X-MEN BLUE #25
    MAGNETO comes face-to-face with HAVOK, with the fate of mutantkind hanging in the balance. EMMA FROST, MISS SINISTER and BASTION have formed an unholy alliance, and now is the time for them to unleash Project: Mothervine! With the Original Five lost in space, a NEW TEAM of X-Men must rise to take their place!

Cry Havok #4

X-MEN BLUE #26
    Project: Mothervine has been unleashed, and new mutants are emerging all over the world! Even though these new mutants cannot control their powers, MISS SINISTER can. A new team of X-MEN stand against the WHITE QUEEN, HAVOK, BASTION and MISS SINISTER!

Cry Havok #5

X-MEN BLUE #27
    (W) Cullen Bunn (A/CA) Jorge Molina
    With the Original Five X-Men lost in space, a new team of mutants has emerged to face the White Queen, Havok, Miss Sinister and Bastion! But while the new X-Men are away, the Marauders will play, striking viciously at Magneto. Magneto is forced to make a terrible decision, leading him ever closer to the darkness he has tried to put behind him.

Cry Havok #6

X-MEN BLUE #28
    (W) Cullen Bunn (A) R. B. Silva (CA) Mike Choi
    The conclusion of the Mothervine story! The ultimate fate of the White Queen and Havok revealed! Magneto reveals a secret plan – and secret allies – to counter the chaos caused by Mothervine! But some of the new X-Men will not make it out of this adventure alive!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...cits-may-2018/
    When they say Marauders I am wagering they mean the new team that showed up in Blue #5 last year not the 80s version.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Well, we do know ultimate QS died and that they're working with Miss Sinister. So it's almost definitely them.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/17...x-men-blue-and
    Who designed the new costumes in X-Men Blue? And will Magneto and/or Danger get one?

Jorge Molina designed the new suits. Magneto will get a little upgrade as well.
    http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/17...enjimmy-hudson
    Is it safe to assume the Daken/Jimmy Hudson brother dynamic will be tumultuous?

Oh, yeah. Maybe not at first… but for sure.
    http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/17...any-hope-those
    I'm adoring your run on XBlue, any hope those multiple deaths are the horrible teen 5 and Magneto's team is finally rid of them? Also please don't make Emma "good" again, she's tons more interesting as a villain

They’re ALL going to die. O5, current X-Men, the X-Men of the past and the present and the future.

Emma, too.
    http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/17...that-i-want-to
    The thing about Emma Frost arc is that I want to care about her story, I don't want to feel like "ohh, she's evil now bc her boyfriend died" is that it? she's was acting good because of a man? she was a X-Men, she saved the world many times with them, and now everybody seems to forget that, she was a friend, she's not perfect yes, but I feel like they should give her more credit

Which has kind of been the point of some of their recent interactions with her.

ALSO, apparently there will be FALLOUT, in a 2-part epilogue:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Well, according to Cullen, there is a two issue arc after Cry Havok titled "Mothervine" that will continue where it leaves off I guess. He says its an "8 part epic".

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

sadly my money is on daken
    Please let it be true.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

The fallout seems like it will be relating what happened to the B-Team to the returning O5, so that should be really cool. It felt off that the big ongoing plot of Blue was resolved without its main cast (even if I don't personally care much for them), but if done well this could really be the defining Blue arc.

Sadly, 8 issues means it's highly, highly unlikely that we get this whole "epic" in trade. But I'm still so excited.

Perhaps the set-up, wrt Magneto and the O5 returning home, leads into the big event happening in summer that was teased a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Perhaps the set-up, wrt Magneto and the O5 returning home, leads into the big event happening in summer that was teased a while back?
    Hopefully they go home - and Marvel moves on and forgets about them.

Hype! Not all the characters will make it out alive. That's because Bloodstorm already ISN"T alive. Hype hype!! Misleading summaries.

For real though...if everyone but Polaris and Bloodstorm (caveat above notwithstanding) died, I wouldn't care at all. But they better not touch a hair on Lorna's head.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Oh by the way Silva released some WIP Covers of X-Men Blue 28, and Ultimate Armor, Mach 5, Not!Angel, and Quicksilver were on it, so the Marauders means the AU X-Men.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Oh by the way Silva released some WIP Covers of X-Men Blue 28, and Ultimate Armor, Mach 5, Not!Angel, and Quicksilver were on it, so the Marauders means the AU X-Men.
    Yeah. Doesn't sound like OUR Marauders - which is a damn shame. Bunn was my man. But his X-Men: Blue has been an increasing lesson in ongoing disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Yeah. Doesn't sound like OUR Marauders - which is a damn shame. Bunn was my man. But his X-Men: Blue has been an increasing lesson in ongoing disappointment.
    Why would this be a surprise to anyone? They started calling themselves the Marauders in the 4th issue.

It still baffles that these lame AUs are calling themselves the Marauders. The Marauders used to be some of the most vicious and menacing X-villains. These kids are anything but.