Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though killing either of them would be a bad end for either and a bit of a cop out to just get rid of them to further somebody else...
    But that would just be Marvel/Bunn shitting on them again

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

It could be Xorn, Gazing Nightshade, or Havok

Not Emma, and definitely not Lorna. Let's stay in reality

Even Havok seems HIGHLY unlikely
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think that probably only 2 or 3 characters die but it will be in a fashion that they are not actually killed but believed dead. I think Jimmy maybe one of those characters and also BloodStorm perhaps somehow sent back to there timelines. Xorn had not been active for awhile before Bunn added him to Uncanny so i think he could be on the chopping block. I'd be surprised if Lorna was to bite it.

Amazing Member

At this point, speaking as a Havok fan, I think killing him off would be a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by plasmaintights View Post
    At this point, speaking as a Havok fan, I think killing him off would be a gift.
    Good point tbh. Probably more convenient than some sort of weird un-inversion trick.

Plus then people could feel sorry for him instead of angry over his "Call me Alex" speech or his past of domineering Lorna

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    But then what would the point be?
    Comic relief?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plasmaintights View Post
    Kill him off and bring him back in a few years. Would probably be smart.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

What evidence do we have that indicates Lorna won't die? This really worries me.

Havok could go too.

I do doubt Emma will go.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Good point tbh. Probably more convenient than some sort of weird un-inversion trick.

Plus then people could feel sorry for him instead of angry over his "Call me Alex" speech or his past of domineering Lorna
    That last bit is open for debate Abnormally, as I don't view him as ever domineering her...and the speech has pretty much been forgotten about already by all except for the Alex haters here...though I don't think that even by killing Alex would get many if any that hate him to like him any more, the un-inversion thing and his healing would be a new start for the character though as well...but yeah I don't see Magneto going dark for anything really outside of either Lorna's death or her almost death in that he'd do something really bad to save her...then it'd leave you wonder if it's the latter if then Lorna would stick with him after she found out, because even though he's her dad she has to have a limit on what she'll look the other way on and such...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    So here is the solicitation for 27...
    And if we were to take the solicit for 28 at face value, the options would seemingly be, going by 27's cover:

• Magneto
    • Polaris
    • Xorn
    • Daken
    • Jimmy Hudson
    • Bloodstorm
    • Gazing Nightshade

• Emma Frost
    • Havok
    • Bastion
    • Miss Sinister

And then there's these comments from Bunn to consider:

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/17...d-news-on-xmen
    What I’m hearing you say is definitely kill Polaris. ;-)
    http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/17...-jimmy-in-mays
    Poor, poor Jimmy. :-)
    http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/17...d-havok-either
    ... As for Emma and Havok...

... Will they still be “evil” after this run?

Maybe so.

If they aren’t dead.

Yet also this, from Silva, of what looks to be an upcoming, post 28 cover for Blue:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfd9cQ4l...rbsilva_comics
    Welcome to the Jungle...🐗

BUT, after reading it again:

• The conclusion of the Mothervine story! The ultimate fate of the White Queen and Havok revealed! Magneto reveals a secret plan – and secret allies – to counter the chaos caused by Mothervine! But some of the new X-Men will not make it out of this adventure alive!

... sounds like there might be some surprise others involved, that haven't been revealed so far. Could these "secret allies", be the former Acolytes like Unuscione, that have been hinted at and/or flat-out mentioned as appearing?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-23-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    That last bit is open for debate Abnormally, as I don't view him as ever domineering her...and the speech has pretty much been forgotten about already by all except for the Alex haters here...though I don't think that even by killing Alex would get many if any that hate him to like him any more, the un-inversion thing and his healing would be a new start for the character though as well...but yeah I don't see Magneto going dark for anything really outside of either Lorna's death or her almost death in that he'd do something really bad to save her...then it'd leave you wonder if it's the latter if then Lorna would stick with him after she found out, because even though he's her dad she has to have a limit on what she'll look the other way on and such...
    Um I don't think Lorna is going to ditch her dad's side if he does something in a desperate effort to rescue her...? Weird thing to think

OBEY

Xorn sacrificing himself? I could see that...
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Polaris is not dying with the acclaim X-Men Gifted is getting. I can see Havok dying though. He just doesn't get used well.

BANNED

From the characters we know about, Xorn and/or Gazing Nightshade must be the dead X-Men the solicits are referring to. Bloodstorm & Jimmy make it out, and I very much doubt we’ll lose Polaris or Daken.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    What evidence do we have that indicates Lorna won't die? This really worries me. ...
    Don't know where Juan got the quote, but from her app thread, back in Aug.:

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Have you ever considered a solo book of Lorna Dane?
    Cullen Bunn
    That would be an awesome title, I think! I also think I’ve set her up (and will continue to set her up) as a strong solo character. I have plenty on my plate right now, though, so I might let someone else try to get that book going.
    And it was apparently followed up by this, right 'round the same time, give or take:

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/16...with-polaris-i
    I'm glad to hear what you're doing with Polaris. I read that you might let someone else write her solo book. Who do you think will be best suitable to write her book? I can't think of any one but you or Peter David.

Oh, I don’t know. I think that if there ever was a Polaris solo, there are a ton of really amazing writers out there who could handle it if they ever did something like that. Marjorie Liu, Gail Simone, Christina Strain, Dennis Hopeless, Ming Doyle, Sina Grace, Becky Cloonan…

…the list goes on and on, really.
    Could things have changed since then, sure, but IDK...