Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

oh well, with this i can safely take that n52 superman is totally erased

so the best resolution for me in regards to superman is to just give up

well there is always warcraft there for me to enjoy, i just hope sylvanas keep being warchief permanently, in my language her voice actress is Priscila Amorim who also voices jlu wonder woman

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So, DC releases a movie adapting the Death of Superman that is criticized for not being faithful enough to the original story.

DC decides to try again, but, this time, longer, but within the context of a continuity that bears little resemblance to the original story. *facepalm*

Given that these are the same people that felt The Killing Joke needed to be improved by taking on a forgettable Batgirl story to the start in which she &%$s Batman, this does not exactly engender confidence in this new project.

I think Mike Carlin & co. have their hearts in the right place, like giving Barbara Gordon more to do in a story where she's little more than a prop, but they continually screw up the endgame.

BANNED

Faithful my ass.

If u don't have Kon in the movie,it's not faithful at all.

I'm sick to death if this dumb"one or the other,but not both" mentality DC has.kon or Jon,Kara or Linda,how about just give us all of them and make all of us happy.

BTW superlad that video u put up got me thinking that instead of saying new 52 Kon was Match,like I've been wanting,he could actually be Jon,the whole time,just not Jon samuel Kent.he would be Jon Lane Kent,a alternate future version of their kid.

They just did a crossover where the future Jon solar flared and killed a lot of ppl,so why couldn't there be ANOTHER alternate version of Jon from the future that also kills a lot of ppl(just for fun this time).

Is Kon really that hard of a concept to grasp? He is humanities attempt to recreate Superman,that's not hard at all to figure out.just mix black zeros and the YJ shows superboys powerset and you have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Attachment 62493

With this in mind, chances are this will be the animated universe's version of a Superman Reborn. Reasonable to expect at least some of this:

1) When Superman is physically reborn he'll likely be in the classic suit (with cuff addition)

2) If this is a more faithful adaptation of the OG story, then seems reasonable to expect Lois and Clark together by the end of this.

3) Updated looks for Steel, Superboy, and Eradicator.

Adding in this story to their New 52 inspired universe and saying that it'll be a more faithful adaptation of the comic seems odd if the intent isn't to actively change their Superman going forward. One would assume they'd just do a movie separate from all of their New 52 inspired stuff if the only goal was to do the story.

Thought?
    Its interesting. In my opinion they should do films without adhering to any continuity. Just like the earlier stuff. I am not a fan of the animated films. I liked the first ones. But none of the later stuff interested me. I see these animated features as adaptations which they can't do in film due to obvious reasons. I am still waiting for that DC One Million for example. So, i would prefer them to be as faithful to the books as possible. That's not possible for wider audiences. So, just do a Death of Superman adaptation. Or a Batman: Knightfall.

But there are fans of this style. So, nice for them. Interested in this and i am getting this. I think you might be correct in those guesses. It depends on how much they care for these animated films. Death of Superman would interest everyone. New fans (New 52) fans and older(Rebirth/Pre-Flaspoint). If they want to target the older fans point number 1 seems obvious. 1 and 2 are possibilities. Do they think they shall target older fans at the expense of newer fans? Or continue like this. Personally, i would like it if they would. I am a fan of Rebirth. But as a business i don't think they shall try it. They have existing fans who appreciate this. They would risk loosing that for fans who might not be so interested for their future films.

Point three seems too obvious. That's like a given. How much they would change is up to them. They would surely make changes. Wish they did not with Superboy. That 90s costume shall be in some form on screen. Animated features are fine for that kind of costume without a doubt, as the ones getting that are mostly comic book fans. At least i guess that the ones getting these animated features are generally speaking the fans of comic books.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-23-2018 at 06:55 PM.

BANNED

Speaking of updating kons old 90s look,I saw this and thought it was the closest that could come to it.

Notice the hair,jacket,suit,all tweaked,but still recognizable

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Given that these are the same people that felt The Killing Joke needed to be improved by taking on a forgettable Batgirl story to the start in which she &%$s Batman, this does not exactly engender confidence in this new project.
    To be fair I don't see Bruce Timm or Brian Azzarello being anywhere near this, so I doubt this is going to be anything like Killing Joke.

It will probably be more on par with their adaptation of Judas Contract.

I feel like so long as you don't give a 1:1 retelling of the Death of Superman, Warner Animation has a built-in excuse to revisit and retell the Death of Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I feel like so long as you don't give a 1:1 retelling of the Death of Superman, Warner Animation has a built-in excuse to revisit and retell the Death of Superman.

Well they could just do it right the 1st time,but that will never happen.

Kon in the Reign movie is faithful,anything less than that is not

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    If u don't have Kon in the movie,it's not faithful at all.

I'm sick to death if this dumb"one or the other,but not both" mentality DC has.kon or Jon,Kara or Linda,how about just give us all of them and make all of us happy.
    Well keep in mind that I'm just speculating here, so there's still a chance that it might be some form of Kon. But given how popular Jon as Superboy is, the fact that they're in the New 52 inspired DCU, the New 52 Superboy was a clone of a Jon, and this would basically let them cash in on future Super Sons and Superman & Son movies using a ready-made Jon Kent Superboy, I can see them going with that.

It's even possible that they're thinking of not "stepping on the toes" of the Young Justice show by doing a drastically different Conner Kent in animation. They might wanna do their own thing given they set this in their New 52 inspired universe.

BTW superlad that video u put up got me thinking that instead of saying new 52 Kon was Match,like I've been wanting,he could actually be Jon,the whole time,just not Jon samuel Kent.he would be Jon Lane Kent,a alternate future version of their kid.
    I'd be down for them leaning heavy into the idea that the New 52 Superboy was a clone of an alternate Jon. At this stage, though, I can't really tell what they're gonna do.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

That was pretty obviously Bart and probably Conner in the Super Sons Titans arc. First time Bart Allen has appeared since Flashpoint, discounting the Bartorr stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I felt like Timm really wanted to tie it with Superman: TAS, especially with how Lois was acting (dating Superman, but knowing he was Clark and was annoyed he would'nt tell her)
    From what I heard Batman and Harley Quinn was more of the DCAU version of the character rather than what she's become.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well keep in mind that I'm just speculating here, so there's still a chance that it might be some form of Kon. But given how popular Jon as Superboy is, the fact that they're in the New 52 inspired DCU, the New 52 Superboy was a clone of a Jon, and this would basically let them cash in on future Super Sons and Superman & Son movies using a ready-made Jon Kent Superboy, I can see them going with that.

It's even possible that they're thinking of not "stepping on the toes" of the Young Justice show by doing a drastically different Conner Kent in animation. They might wanna do their own thing given they set this in their New 52 inspired universe.

I'd be down for them leaning heavy into the idea that the New 52 Superboy was a clone of an alternate Jon. At this stage, though, I can't really tell what they're gonna do.

Well we already seen Jurgens left Kon out of the Reborn version of the Reign,so not trust is going to be given to DC ,even when they use the word faithful.

I dont think the animated movies need to sync with the comics,but imo I wish they would,and yeah Jon would be part of that,just don't scrap Kon because they wanted to "try something new".

The fact that the YJ Kon is so different shouldnt be a problem,I mean Geoff changed Kon drastically himself,and just said he"grew as a character".I think both powersets and origins are valid,so show both,and merge at some point.

I was thinking more like new 52 Kon was never a clone in the 1st place,he was a alternate future version of Jon,and he was brought back to fix him and wreck ****.that way they can play up the whole "is Kon going to be evil" crap that have been doing almost from the minute he got his powers(which is overdone imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    That was pretty obviously Bart and probably Conner in the Super Sons Titans arc. First time Bart Allen has appeared since Flashpoint, discounting the Bartorr stuff.
    Well yeah,we knew that,they were called multiple times by their names

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This seems really goofy. Why be beholden to any form of continuity in animated movies? They're about an hour and a half of story. So just tell the story you want to tell, regardless of where it fits. Why not just adapt it with the staunchly post-Crisis setting that it was originally told in?
    This makes no sense to me to forcing this story in new 52. If death of Superman is so iconic and they want to be really faithful, then why are they forcing something that never happened in new 52 and makes no narrative sense for the verse. New 52 has no parents, his cape is indestructible, he wears armor and his love interest is not Lois. The death of story has iconic imagery with the yellow S symbol on tattered cape, his uniform torn, his parents grieving, him and Lois engaged etc. Why should people care for this in the new 52 set up? It's like they mandated this because the DCEU did it too. And both cases kind of just there with no build up . Who wants to see Superman battle Doomsday a third time in the same way? Because they're saying it's the same as the comic by Jurgens. It's like DC can do nothing new with Superman but kill him. Funny how Batman gets his stories told . No wishy washy dilution. If the intention is to bring SM back to his trunks and Rebirth status this is messy and unnecessary. And most SM animated have been lackluster. Because they are not tackling new material. Where is Red Son? That should be done . But no instead they do this again after DCEU Death and JL flopped. Very strange decision.

Kinda sad that Supes' first movie from this New 52-like universe, is the one where he dies lol.

BANNED

DC: Come here Nuperman, we aint done with you yet.