Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    So... is it just me or it seemed like Diana was still carrying a bit of a torch for Clark/Superman in this movie?

Look at her facial expressions when Superman talks about Lois. Diana still cares more than she wants to admit. Personally, I love it lol. In my head canon, Diana just wasn't ready to be in a romantic relationship and all the work and commitment it requires. And Clark used to human relationships all his life wanted something more normal.

That doesn't mean that Superman and Diana could never be a couple again in the far future. The possibility is there. Don't get me wrong, I love Clois, but I also dig SuperWonder.
    From someone else who really dug the relationship, if one were to be going about ending it, the way chosen here wasn't that bad. As I've said before its miles above the tripe we were given in the actual comics, and I'm counting both before the retcon and the actual retcon itself. Both things were awful.

That said I don't expect to see it in this verse again, as they probably plan on marrying Superman to Lois for synergy with Earth-0 in the comics. The hope there would only be in standalone stuff, if they ever do standalone stuff again. But they definitely showed far more respect to their relationship in all facets here due to their continuing strong bond even without the romantic element anymore, something Rebirth never achieved (but of course that wasn't the aim, the order of the day was clearly not respectfully going about an end there), and the current era still isn't.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-23-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El