Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yesterday I just watched this again and I've gotta say i still really like it. It's not the comics perfect adaptation I probably would have preferred more, but unlike other retellings it captures not only the spirit of this specific story but the general spirit of that era if Superman comics. The Bibbo scene where he's praying to God got me in the original story and has the same effect here. It just feels right.

Hell,if Reign does as good a job with distilling the essence of that story down , this two part movie just may become my own personal Canon for how the Death of Supes went down in the Post-Reborn continuity.
    I feel this way about the under the Red Hood movie. I more or less headcanon it as how that story played out post flashpoint, where there’s no infinite crisis or bludhaven explosion.

Kon93

Damn that art on the back is amazing,and this movie just got even more a must watch.

Revamping it so it all works for the present and still respecting the original,love it.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I feel this way about the under the Red Hood movie. I more or less headcanon it as how that story played out post flashpoint, where there’s no infinite crisis or bludhaven explosion.
    It’s a rare case where an adaptation actually improves on the source material. Makes me wish we could’ve gotten a New Krypton movie from the same team. That’s another story that had some good ideas but was weak overall, and an adaptation could take those ideas and do a great job with them.

All my hopes for Superman are in animation right now. At least we still have that.

Death of Superman was everything I wanted to see and more.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Discussin...62308214325249
    Awesome news for dc universe subscribers

The tweet says it will be on the DC Universe app on the same day as physical & digital release, but digital beats physical to market by 2 weeks (digital on 1/15, physical on 1/29). So I wonder which day they are talking about.

On a related note...I was checking the theater today where I have tickets through Fathom for the Death/Reign double feature on the 13th, and I see that the 2 tickets I bought are still the only tickets that have been purchased...every other seat is still available. I hope more tickets get sold, I'm not sure if the theater would cancel the show or not if it's really empty. Anyone ever gone to a Fathom event where hardly any tickets were sold? I know regular films don't just get cancelled when tickets aren't being sold, but I don't know how "special events" work.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    The tweet says it will be on the DC Universe app on the same day as physical & digital release, but digital beats physical to market by 2 weeks (digital on 1/15, physical on 1/29). So I wonder which day they are talking about.

On a related note...I was checking the theater today where I have tickets through Fathom for the Death/Reign double feature on the 13th, and I see that the 2 tickets I bought are still the only tickets that have been purchased...every other seat is still available. I hope more tickets get sold, I'm not sure if the theater would cancel the show or not if it's really empty. Anyone ever gone to a Fathom event where hardly any tickets were sold? I know regular films don't just get cancelled when tickets aren't being sold, but I don't know how "special events" work.
    I've been to plenty of Fathom shows that I never bought tickets in advance... I just get them at the door like every other movie I go to. I wouldn't worry about them canceling.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I've been to plenty of Fathom shows that I never bought tickets in advance... I just get them at the door like every other movie I go to. I wouldn't worry about them canceling.
    Good to know. I'm hoping a bunch of people show up, I'd like WB/DC to know there's a decent market for putting their animated films on the big screen for limited shows like this. I know The Killing Joke did well. Ultimately, I'm just excited to see more Superman stuff at a theater.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Discussin...62308214325249
    Awesome news for dc universe subscribers
    Good, this is what needs to happen in order to increase the value of DCU. I would also make comic series like the New Age of Heroes books completely free to read every issue on the service. It would help monetize series that don’t have a lot of sales in the direct market.

All-New Member

I'm leaning toward seeing it in the theater. Only problem is the only location showing is a bit of a drive. The timing of the showings are a pain as I like to watch play off football, and the other showing is a Monday evening after work. So I haven't picked my tickets yet.

So it looks like Death of Superman sold really well. If I’m reading this right it looks like it sold the second best of all of the “New 52” DCAU movies, only behind Son of Batman. Dear God no wonder they pushed Damian so hard, how the hell did that movie do so well? It’s awful.

Sales: https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/De...ab=video-sales
    Comparison with other movies: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_A...Movie_Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So it looks like Death of Superman sold really well. If I’m reading this right it looks like it sold the second best of all of the “New 52” DCAU movies, only behind Son of Batman. Dear God no wonder they pushed Damian so hard, how the hell did that movie do so well? It’s awful.

Comparison with other movies: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_A...Movie_Universe
    You say that like the "NEW 52" movies sold like **** instead of in the millions. I swear there are times I think I must be in Hell or something with how the things I care about get taken in directions I hate after getting me invested in them. Star Wars, Superman, He-Man, LIFE! That or Canceled. Happens every goddamn time. (sigh) Guess this is just my Chicken-Duck-Woman thing (We all got one waiting for us).

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    You say that like the "NEW 52" movies sold like **** instead of in the millions. I swear there are times I think I must be in Hell or something with how the things I care about get taken in directions I hate after getting me invested in them. Star Wars, Superman, He-Man, LIFE! That or Canceled. Happens every goddamn time. (sigh) Guess this is just my Chicken-Duck-Woman thing (We all got one waiting for us).
    Relax dude you’re being way too sensitive. Nowhere did I imply the New 52 movies did not sell (although some did not in fact sell that well, but then again we got a drought of Superman movies because the pre-New 52 Superman movies sold like crap). Death of Superman is a part of the New 52 movies so I was comparing it with other sales in that group. It sold really well so hopefully that means we’ll get more animated Superman movies. One of the things I was surprised to see is there’s never been an animated origin for Superman, surprising since that’s one of three stories DC constantly retells. My hope would be we’d get an animated adaption of Morrison’s Action Comics run.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Superman: Doomsday was also the best selling "pre-Flashpoint" DCAU movies. I guess that will send the message to WB Animation that Superman sells only if he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman: Doomsday was also the best selling "pre-Flashpoint" DCAU movies. I guess that will send the message to WB Animation that Superman sells only if he dies.
    Believe me that thought did cross my mind, but I would hope they’re not that stupid. Son of Batman sold even better but it’s really not that great a movie. Terrible VA for Damian and a weak plot overall, and people certainly don’t love Damian as much as the sales would lead you to believe.