Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Mike Carlin, who was one the main editors behind Emerald Twilight and the decade of pointlessly sticking to his guns over the decision to $#!*-can the entire GL mythos in favor of one guy, is now one of the main guys running DC Animation these days, so it wouldn't surprise me if they try to spin-off Emerald Twilight (along with Zero Hour and the GL: Rebirth) from this.

Having a Crisis/Zero Hour-type event reboot the currently New 52-esque DC Animated continuity would be an easy way to make any tweaks they want to make it more reflective of the current DCU, with is aiming for more of a classic DCAU vibe. That way, they could bring in Jonathan Kent as Damian's contemporary, and sort out any iffy Justice League/Batman/Teen Titans continuity that's cropped up since they started this shared animated continuity. It would also give fan favorite Nathan Fillion some interesting dramatic stuff to chew on, as well as finally bringing in a proper version of Kyle Rayner to animation who isn't just Hal Jordan if he were an artist like we got in the old DCAU.
    I dunno, I think if we were going into Emerald Twilight it would've been one of next year's movies, but right after this we're probably going straight into Justice League vs. The Fatal Five continuity-wise.

I guess it's possible they'll build into it for one of the 2020 movies.

I also don't think they're going to do another reboot, soft or otherwise. They seem pretty keen on sticking with their current continuity and continuing to just pick and choose what they want from the comics for every movie rather then just wholesale lifting from the New 52, and any kind of revamp or "reboot" would be handled in-story rather then through something like Zero Hour or Crisis. I think how they're handling the Death/Reign movies are very indicative of that.

They aren’t going to reboot, they’ll just borrow from the comics and make it suit their continuity. That’s what they’ve done with the New 52 stuff in the past, they didn’t do a direct adaption of Court of Owls for instance.

Mike Carlin, who was one the main editors behind Emerald Twilight and the decade of pointlessly sticking to his guns over the decision to $#!*-can the entire GL mythos in favor of one guy, is now one of the main guys running DC Animation these days, so it wouldn't surprise me if they try to spin-off Emerald Twilight (along with Zero Hour and the GL: Rebirth) from this.

Having a Crisis/Zero Hour-type event reboot the currently New 52-esque DC Animated continuity would be an easy way to make any tweaks they want to make it more reflective of the current DCU, with is aiming for more of a classic DCAU vibe. That way, they could bring in Jonathan Kent as Damian's contemporary, and sort out any iffy Justice League/Batman/Teen Titans continuity that's cropped up since they started this shared animated continuity. It would also give fan favorite Nathan Fillion some interesting dramatic stuff to chew on, as well as finally bringing in a proper version of Kyle Rayner to animation who isn't just Hal Jordan if he were an artist like we got in the old DCAU.
    Man you just wanna Run back to Boring don't you. I swear when Video games remake stuff at least I get better graphics and controls out of the deal. Comics just get worse IMO. Gamers rarely let Nostalgia trump common sense. There have been three reboots of Lara Croft since she was created. Core, Legacy and Survivor. All have had critical success. Resident Evil has not rebooted but has seen graphical upgrades and gameplay tweaks to older games to modernize them. The Comics industries throws the Baby out with the Bath Water then tries to bring the baby back after it's grown up a into a jaded street urchin and then wonder why they keep fragmenting their fan bases. It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Man you just wanna Run back to Boring don't you. I swear when Video games remake stuff at least I get better graphics and controls out of the deal. Comics just get worse IMO. Gamers rarely let Nostalgia trump common sense. There have been three reboots of Lara Croft since she was created. Core, Legacy and Survivor. All have had critical success. Resident Evil has not rebooted but has seen graphical upgrades and gameplay tweaks to older games to modernize them. The Comics industries throws the Baby out with the Bath Water then tries to bring the baby back after it's grown up a into a jaded street urchin and then wonder why they keep fragmenting their fan bases. It's not that hard.
    I haven't enjoyed any of the New52-esque animated stuff before DoS, and his suit is ugly even for the New52 (which I actually liked to some degree when drawn by the right people and particularly in statues/etc). The animated movies, imo, were much better before they tried to shove stories into some kind of shared universe, but if we get back to a more classic/reborn design scheme I'd definitely be happy.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Okay, what would your particular brand of common sense be, then? Continue with the current shared animated universe, or the looser, more stand-alone continuity they had before?

Okay, what would your particular brand of common sense be, then? Continue with the current shared animated universe, or the looser, more stand-alone continuity they had before?
    For me, I'd like the stand-alone continuity for comic story adaptations like "DoS/RoS". I'm fine with them doing things within a shared animated world, but also have the stand-alone stories (and keep them separate).
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    For me, I'd like the stand-alone continuity for comic story adaptations like "DoS/RoS". I'm fine with them doing things within a shared animated world, but also have the stand-alone stories (and keep them separate).
    That's pretty much how they're running things now with two in-continuity movies an one Elseworlds film per year.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I haven't enjoyed any of the New52-esque animated stuff before DoS, and his suit is ugly even for the New52 (which I actually liked to some degree when drawn by the right people and particularly in statues/etc). The animated movies, imo, were much better before they tried to shove stories into some kind of shared universe, but if we get back to a more classic/reborn design scheme I'd definitely be happy.
    The suit is really ugly and I hope they give him the Reborn one, with a brighter color palette.

Oh hey, Eradicator's VA! And it's the same as Bibbo .

spoilers:
    Plus Tony Todd as Darkseid.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I f'ing knew it. I called it last summer.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

It has a good length though (87 minutes).
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I f'ing knew it. I called it last summer.
    It’s been a long enough time since we last saw him I’m ok with it. Glad he got a new VA. I just hope he doesn’t totally overshadow Henshaw.
    That’s a decent run length. I almost wish it were 2 hours though, they definitely have enough material to make it that long.

Tony Todd could play Darkseid in a live action movie as well. AND he could play Boss Dark Side in a Seven Soldiers movie.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Nice. I hope this means we're going to get longer movies. 70 minutes feels so short, since it's essentially a JL 3-parter.