Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Tomasi might be implement the strength, speed, and durability you want. But what's the different from tacktile telekinesis appearing to give Conner the ability to fly and the way it's depicted in other iterations?
    It gives his TTK more importance, and it brings in 2 other versions of Kon
    -YJ tv show has strength, speed, and durability, but doesnt fly.
    -the Smallville season 11 Kon flies using his TK,all his other powers are the kryptonian norm.

Balance between kryptonian and TTK is a must to get him right imo.to respect all his versions and give something to all his fans of different versions

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    It gives his TTK more importance, and it brings in 2 other versions of Kon
    -YJ tv show has strength, speed, and durability, but doesnt fly.
    -the Smallville season 11 Kon flies using his TK,all his other powers are the kryptonian norm.

Balance between kryptonian and TTK is a must to get him right imo.to respect all his versions and give something to all his fans of different versions
    Hmm intersting points well if Tomasi wants to do I hope he does try somehow.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, I guess you like Superman being a pompous ass with problems inflated out of proportion to the point of absolute ridiculness, with an extremely dumb story and a dumber "end". I like him when he cares for the little peoples and prove that he doesn't need to be bathing in the Sun for all Eternity to be a great hero.
    You mean like Superman losing his powers, throwing some tantrums about it, acting like his powers make him the hero and willing to torture villains is such a good story?

Superman was nothing like what you described in ASS but meh, you can think whatever you want.

Both sides are majorly exaggerating as far as I'm concerned. No one asked me, but that's my two cents anyway.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-26-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    You mean like Superman losing his powers, throwing some tantrums about it, acting like his powers make him the hero and willing to torture villains is such a good story?

Superman was nothing like what you described in ASS but meh, you can think whatever you want.
    You clearly misremember Truth if all you think Superman threw even one tantrum. He had every reason to be angry, he had lost everything (again, after Doomed) and he still fought for the little peoples. Meanwhile, ASS hoard his technology like a Dragon, hover paternalistically over the rest of the world and was generally insufferable.

A few random things I thought of while watching this, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I'll spoiler tag it.

spoilers:

• Doomsday arrives strapped to the meteor via a boomtube in space.

• Intergang is wearing exosuits made of Apokoliptian metal/technology.

• John Henry Irons works at Star Labs (which looks like the Flash tv show version, nice easter egg) where the tech from Apokolips was taken.

This film is in the New 52-esque continuity of films, which has already seen Darkseid arrive (and he's name dropped in the movie)...does anyone else think we'll get Mongul swapped out for Darkseid in 'Reign'? This would be very disappointing to me, on many levels, but the chief reason is: Henshaw would not be the big bad of the story anymore. In the original, he & Mongul "teamed up" but Cyborg was very much the leader. Mongul referred to him as such, and Cyborg even calls Mongul his "dog". If Henshaw has teamed up with Darkseid, obviously Darkseid will be the main baddie. And that doesn't sit well with me at all...not just because Henshaw is my favorite villain, but it would reduce the personal stakes of the villains to a generic "Darkseid shot a weapon at Earth" plot.

On a related note, I think John will create the Steel armor out of the tech from Apokolips.

The fight animating was STELLAR in this, though. My previous favorite animated fight choreography was in Batman vs Robin, because of the speed & brutality. DoS easily tops it, and I have to hand it to the team for doing such brutality on a PG-13 rating.
    end of spoilers

I can't wait for Reign, and I hate that it's so far away lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    A few random things I thought of while watching this, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I'll spoiler tag it.

spoilers:

• Doomsday arrives strapped to the meteor via a boomtube in space.

• Intergang is wearing exosuits made of Apokoliptian metal/technology.

• John Henry Irons works at Star Labs (which looks like the Flash tv show version, nice easter egg) where the tech from Apokolips was taken.

This film is in the New 52-esque continuity of films, which has already seen Darkseid arrive (and he's name dropped in the movie)...does anyone else think we'll get Mongul swapped out for Darkseid in 'Reign'? This would be very disappointing to me, on many levels, but the chief reason is: Henshaw would not be the big bad of the story anymore. In the original, he & Mongul "teamed up" but Cyborg was very much the leader. Mongul referred to him as such, and Cyborg even calls Mongul his "dog". If Henshaw has teamed up with Darkseid, obviously Darkseid will be the main baddie. And that doesn't sit well with me at all...not just because Henshaw is my favorite villain, but it would reduce the personal stakes of the villains to a generic "Darkseid shot a weapon at Earth" plot.

On a related note, I think John will create the Steel armor out of the tech from Apokolips.

The fight animating was STELLAR in this, though. My previous favorite animated fight choreography was in Batman vs Robin, because of the speed & brutality. DoS easily tops it, and I have to hand it to the team for doing such brutality on a PG-13 rating.
    end of spoilers

I can't wait for Reign, and I hate that it's so far away lol
    You bring up good points, and I can see that happening, which is a shame.

I wonder if they’re going to set up Emerald Twilight with Reign, or will they just skip the nuking?

I really hope they don't skip it, they got a nice opportunity to do a Emerald Twilight/Green Lantern Rebirth 2 part (which would lead to a Sinestro Corps War adaptation.)

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    I wonder if they’re going to set up Emerald Twilight with Reign, or will they just skip the nuking?
    They HAVE to nuke Coast City...it'll be such a miss if they don't. I just worry things will go down like my spoiler tag up there.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

then after the reign of the supermen ... Will they also adapt Emerald Twilight and Zero Hour: Crisis in Time?
    that I hope that opens the possibilities to see Green Lantern Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Ugh, I really wish DC would just drop this animated universe. The movies themselves have gone seriously downhill every since the New 52-ized everything. Before FP Paradox, the movies were all great. After, not so much.
    Amen, brother. I watched War out of morbid curiosity and then only clips of the others after that. They're all complete garbage, and that includes The Killing Joke. It's pretty hard to mess that story up, but to be fair, that was more Timm's fault than that of the current WB Animation team.
    Spurious versions, fundamentally wrongheaded premises, can, and often do, prevail from time to time, but eventually the character, Superman himself, Tulpa Superman, will–somehow, somehow–resist and reverse that meddling, reconstituting himself in the world as he means to be. ~Alvin Schwartz (paraphrased by Tom deHaven)

BANNED

Maybe they plan a Rebirth like revamp with the new bunch of movies?
    By the way, when do they plan to announce new installments?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    Amen, brother. I watched War out of morbid curiosity and then only clips of the others after that. They're all complete garbage, and that includes The Killing Joke. It's pretty hard to mess that story up, but to be fair, that was more Timm's fault than that of the current WB Animation team.
    How do you know they're all "complete garbage" if you only watched clips?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Maybe they plan a Rebirth like revamp with the new bunch of movies?
    By the way, when do they plan to announce new installments?
    I've been saying I bet DCAU Superman ends up in the Reborn suit. We'll probably hear about what's coming after Reign at SDCC.