Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Truth is better than All Star Superman? Now I've heard everything

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    That's what it seemed to be doing when he grabbed the jacket.

I'm just hoping he doesn't have levitating type TK. I know sons of youth, Titans of tomorrow, and Smallville season 11 all had it, but I always thought it was so against the whole idea of tactile TK.
    Well maybe they could just make Conner be able to only leap tall buildings in a single bound just like the Conner from Young Justice and since Dabney made Conner under Luthor's employ it could mean that he has both Superman and Lex's DNA and therefore might not have all of Superman's powers. Though the Conner in the comics could fly even after that came to light.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Truth is better than All Star Superman? Now I've heard everything
    Well, I guess you like Superman being a pompous ass with problems inflated out of proportion to the point of absolute ridiculness, with an extremely dumb story and a dumber "end". I like him when he cares for the little peoples and prove that he doesn't need to be bathing in the Sun for all Eternity to be a great hero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well maybe they could just make Conner be able to only leap tall buildings in a single bound just like the Conner from Young Justice and since Dabney made Conner under Luthor's employ it could mean that he has both Superman and Lex's DNA and therefore might not have all of Superman's powers. Though the Conner in the comics could fly even after that came to light.

I see Tomassi is trying to give us a mix of atleast 3 versions with
    -lex and dabney creating him
    -hair and jacket
    -tron suit

What I would love to see is
    -physically YJ show superboy, as in a teenage kryptonian with only strength, speed, and durability.
    -with TTK giving him flight, heat vision(solar energy being pushed out),TTK senses(touch and antenna like),and everything the kesel version could, but with the new 52 needing to think about it to use it, that way his physical powers look impressive and useful.

Only sad part is no YJ team or newsboys broke home out. So far it just looks like damage (probably from Superman/doomsday) damaged his tube and he freed himself

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I see Tomassi is trying to give us a mix of atleast 3 versions with
    -lex and dabney creating him
    -hair and jacket
    -tron suit

What I would love to see is
    -physically YJ show superboy, as in a teenage kryptonian with only strength, speed, and durability.
    -with TTK giving him flight, heat vision(solar energy being pushed out),TTK senses(touch and antenna like),and everything the kesel version could, but with the new 52 needing to think about it to use it, that way his physical powers look impressive and useful.

Only sad part is no YJ team or newsboys broke home out. So far it just looks like damage (probably from Superman/doomsday) damaged his tube and he freed himself
    Tomasi might be implement the strength, speed, and durability you want. But what's the different from tacktile telekinesis appearing to give Conner the ability to fly and the way it's depicted in other iterations?

Except they were adapting a lot of New 52 Superman stories what was it about the New 52 Superman stories that are worth adapting anyway?
    Kind of a loaded question here. Obviously it's an opinion piece, but that's pretty much on the same lines of my asking why is it worth telling Death of Superman over and over again?

Anyway, I see the lines being drawn in the sand on that topic so I'm just going to bail on any discussion remotely related to New 52 vs. Post-Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Kind of a loaded question here. Obviously it's an opinion piece, but that's pretty much on the same lines of my asking why is it worth telling Death of Superman over and over again?

Anyway, I see the lines being drawn in the sand on that topic so I'm just going to bail on any discussion remotely related to New 52 vs. Post-Crisis.
    Fair enough.

Except they were adapting a lot of New 52 Superman stories what was it about the New 52 Superman stories that are worth adapting anyway?
    They haven't bothered with a Kingdom Come adaptation, what makes you think new 52 Superman had a chance. Same goes for Reborn. I haven't seen anything that'll make them adapt something from Reborn over a Red Son, KC or maybe Superman and the Legion of Superheroes.

When part 2 comes out next year they will probably think that their Superman quota has been met. Move on to some JL, Batman, TT and if they're smart capitalize on WW84 and make an animated WW movie. Then after four or five years we'll see another Superman adaptation. Though by that time it will be the Death of Superman's 30th anniversary and you know what that means.
    Last edited by MosSuperman; 06-26-2018 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    They haven't bothered with a Kingdom Come adaptation, what makes you think new 52 Superman had a chance. Same goes for Reborn. I haven't seen anything that'll make them adapt something from Reborn over a Red Son, KC or maybe Superman and the Legion of Superheroes.

When part 2 comes out next year they will probably think that their Superman quota has been met. Move on to some JL, Batman, TT and if they're smart capitalize on WW84 and make an animated WW movie. Then after four or five years we'll see another Superman adaptation. Though by that time it will be the Death of Superman's 20th anniversary and you know what that means.
    30th. Unless they want to retroactively celebrate the 20th, which I could totally see them doing.

Lol oops. That's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post

When part 2 comes out next year they will probably think that their Superman quota has been met. Move on to some JL, Batman, TT and if they're smart capitalize on WW84 and make an animated WW movie. Then after four or five years we'll see another Superman adaptation. Though by that time it will be the Death of Superman's 30th anniversary and you know what that means.
    I think Kingdom Come isn't being adapted thanks to the fact no animation can mimic Alex Ross's amazing art style. Who knows whether DC will adapt more Superman stories just be happy with what you get. And maybe pray that more will be adapted.

I think Kingdom Come isn't being adapted thanks to the fact no animation can mimic Alex Ross's amazing art style. Who knows whether DC will adapt more Superman stories just be happy with what you get. And maybe pray that more will be adapted.
    There was an interview in IGN (I think) of Alex Ross (or was it Bruce Timm?) where it's explained Timm was not fond of Ross' style, and I think that was a big part of why KC wasn't adapted. But yeah, I think there's a heavy expectation to mimic Ross' style that anything less will be considered a disappointment.

As for being happy with what you get, I guess that depends. I still think Superman vs. the Elite was terribly underfunded, such to the point that the visual AND sound design feel really undeveloped. I might complain that Superman was shelved for five years, but if it means we didn't see any halfhearted efforts released in that time period, then perhaps we were better off with nothing.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

As for being happy with what you get, I guess that depends. I still think Superman vs. the Elite was terribly underfunded, such to the point that the visual AND sound design feel really undeveloped. I might complain that Superman was shelved for five years, but if it means we didn't see any halfhearted efforts released in that time period, then perhaps we were better off with nothing.
    Never considered becoming a Batman fan? So you can enjoy tons of animated movies every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Never considered becoming a Batman fan? So you can enjoy tons of animated movies every year.
    Even Batman has rough years. Look at that insufferable Gary Stu they turned Damien into.

There was an interview in IGN (I think) of Alex Ross (or was it Bruce Timm?) where it's explained Timm was not fond of Ross' style, and I think that was a big part of why KC wasn't adapted. But yeah, I think there's a heavy expectation to mimic Ross' style that anything less will be considered a disappointment.

Whichever it is the main problem with adapting something that was already amazing is that the adaptation has to compete with the source material and if they can't do anything to beat what Alex Ross did in Kingdom Come it's a lost cause. I didn't minf Superman vs the Elite though I'm not a very good judge of quality. But when you put it that way I suppose it's better than nothing.