Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374
Results 1,096 to 1,107 of 1107

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    What was the timing of DC Universe's going online and the disc release of Death? That could play into things, too.
    DC Universe launched last September I believe, with Titans launching in October. Death of Superman came out in July 2018, but was on DC Universe at launch if I remember correctly. Reign launched on DC Universe the same day it came out on Bluray.

The fact that it apparently had more streams that Batman Hush is very surprising to me, even though I liked Reign a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    DC Universe launched last September I believe, with Titans launching in October. Death of Superman came out in July 2018, but was on DC Universe at launch if I remember correctly. Reign launched on DC Universe the same day it came out on Bluray.

The fact that it apparently had more streams that Batman Hush is very surprising to me, even though I liked Reign a lot.
    I liked Hush enough but I think Reign was a stronger movie and adaption, even with how much they had to compress things, and visually looked much more polished.

Heck, I think Jason O'Mara sounded better as Batman in Reign then he did in most of Hush, and in the latter he was the lead character .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked Hush enough but I think Reign was a stronger movie and adaption, even with how much they had to compress things, and visually looked much more polished.

Heck, I think Jason O'Mara sounded better as Batman in Reign then he did in most of Hush, and in the latter he was the lead character .
    Oh, I agree it's the better movie of the two. But quality doesn't usually stop Batman stuff from selling better. That was what surprised me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The comic story was a much better story (taking people's words there, haven't read it myself yet), the movie version not so much.
    Also Steel was in the DCAU and had a poorly received live action movie once, so I don't know how unknown he was. But you have a point on the newness thing.
    LOL, let's not take the Shaq movie too seriously. It had a $16 million budget and starred Shaq.

Also, I never watched it, but my impression is that it didn't really connect itself to the Superman franchise. I think the most connection it had was that WB gave Shaq a Mercedes with Superman logos emblazoned all throughout the car.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, Shaquille O'Neal himself may have a stronger connection to Superman than the character he played...
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 10-04-2019 at 10:46 AM.

LOL, let's not take the Shaq movie too seriously. It had a $16 million budget and starred Shaq.

Also, I never watched it, but my impression is that it didn't really connect itself to the Superman franchise. I think the most connection it had was that WB gave Shaq a Mercedes with Superman logos emblazoned all throughout the car.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, Shaquille O'Neal himself may have a stronger connection to Superman than the character he played...
    I'm not taking it all that seriously - but you can't completely dismiss it either. I'm sure plenty of people vaguely know of Steel from the Shaq movie even if they don't know he's a real comic character with a connection to Superman.

Did anyone pick up the "Death and Return of Superman" bluray that just released? The one that supposedly was combining the 2 films into 1? The original reports said it would contain "never before seen footage", so I was curious what it was. I'm assuming it's bonus material, maybe unused concept art or animatics, but a lot of people thought it meant scenes were going to be reinserted into the film proper. Did anyone check it out?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

The comic story was a much better story (taking people's words there, haven't read it myself yet), the movie version not so much.
    Also Steel was in the DCAU and had a poorly received live action movie once, so I don't know how unknown he was. But you have a point on the newness thing.
    DCAU is over 10 years old, and honestly how many people even remember that movie? I keep forgetting it exists lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DCAU is over 10 years old, and honestly how many people even remember that movie? I keep forgetting it exists lol.
    People remember weird stuff, check out Nostalgia Critic.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Did anyone pick up the "Death and Return of Superman" bluray that just released? The one that supposedly was combining the 2 films into 1? The original reports said it would contain "never before seen footage", so I was curious what it was. I'm assuming it's bonus material, maybe unused concept art or animatics, but a lot of people thought it meant scenes were going to be reinserted into the film proper. Did anyone check it out?
    I’m going to go try to pick it up tonight.

People remember weird stuff, check out Nostalgia Critic.
    For sure.

I saw that the average movie ticket in 1997 was about $4.59, so using that as a basis, and its $1,686,429 box office, it sold about 370K tickets. That's only a little better than a great-selling comic book issue, but there are people who paid to watch it, haha.

For sure.

I saw that the average movie ticket in 1997 was about $4.59, so using that as a basis, and its $1,686,429 box office, it sold about 370K tickets. That's only a little better than a great-selling comic book issue, but there are people who paid to watch it, haha.
    And I saw it free years later on TV!

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I picked this up last weekend, and unfortunately I haven't had time to really watch it. I did check out the opening sequence, and I was curious how they bridged the films.

I guess I'll spoiler tag it, just in case nobody wants to know:

spoilers:
    So like I said, I haven't seen much of it. The opening sequence, though, of Mannheim & his thugs includes a longer fight sequence between Mannheim & Superman! So it gives me hope that other scenes may be extended as well. The fight is extended by probably 30 seconds or so of new animation.

They rearranged the 4 Supermen teases to bridge everything. Now, when the ship leaves Star Labs, we cut directly to the arctic to see the Fortress grow. We see John Henry building his suit (same shot as before, I believe), and the Superboy sequence is extended by a couple seconds. Now, instead of Superboy running out the door, Lex is there. They look at each other & Lex smiles. The Cyborg Superman flying to Earth is extended by a few seconds where the camera begins by looking at Earth, and then pans out to space to see Henshaw come in. We then get a few more seconds of dialogue from Cat before it cuts to the tattered cape & "it's been 6 months..."

That's all I've seen so far. Fingers crossed that there's a little extra stuff hidden elsewhere.
    end of spoilers
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."