Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    This isn't really how physics works.
    Probably, I just thought that the poster's explanation was sound, at least to me.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

So far the reception of the film has been quite positive, I personally enjoyed it myself. It's definitely didn't turn out to be garbage someone in this thread predicted it would be.

While the animation is still clunky at places, for the most part it looks good especially in the fight with Doomsday, this movie gets Superman right as a character and Jerry O'Connell provides a great performance with a likable charm that makes this Superman a far cry from the Superman who appeared in Justice League Wars. Also despite some references, you don't really need to see the previous animated films set in this universe to actually follow the film easily.

This movie has fanservice for almost every Superman fan, it has a New52 aesthetic however it follows many elements of the Post Crisis story right down to the Kents being alive, they even kept that touching scene of Bibbo's prayer after Superman's battle with Doomsday. There are some nods to Pre-Crisis including an appearance by Bronze Age character Jenet Kylburn as head of Star Labs. Lex seems to take elements from the TAS including Mercy as his right hand henchwoman. One other big change from the original story was the Justice League as in the original story it was the JLI lineup that got a beatdown from Doomsday while in this movie, its the main league, which apart from Cyborg being a member is basically the Classic JLA lineup including Jon Jonzz and Hawkman. I think this change actually gives Doomsday's beatdown of the Justice League a much bigger impact than the original story did (also we are spared from Batgod mode here)
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

do you guys think that when Superman returns he will start wearing a new suit?

I can't see him wearing trunks.. feels forced for this Superman, IMO, but what about the Reborn suit?

I really want his suit to be lighter and brighter. The New 52 in these movies is too dark, imo.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    do you guys think that when Superman returns he will start wearing a new suit?

I can't see him wearing trunks.. feels forced for this Superman, IMO, but what about the Reborn suit?

I really want his suit to be lighter and brighter. The New 52 in these movies is too dark, imo.
    When he'll return, he'll wear black.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    When he'll return, he'll wear black.
    yeah I guess, but after that? I'm not opposed to a new suit he got from his new FOS. :P

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'd bet on either trunks/the post-1000 with the cuffs or the reborn suit. Likely just have it made by his parents this time round. That way anything "corny" gets played off as a sweet gesture by his mom and dad who are happy to have him back. Works for either the reborn suit or the trunks.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

yeah I guess, but after that? I'm not opposed to a new suit he got from his new FOS. :P
    Probably something similar to the Reborn's suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'd bet on either trunks/the post-1000 with the cuffs or the reborn suit. Likely just have it made by his parents this time round. That way anything "corny" gets played off as a sweet gesture by his mom and dad who are happy to have him back. Works for either the reborn suit or the trunks.
    I'm really not a fan of his suit made by the Kents. Makes no sense to me. It has to be of Kryptonian origin and super strong.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm really not a fan of his suit made by the Kents. Makes no sense to me. It has to be of Kryptonian origin and super strong.
    Doesn't have to be super strong. I doubt they'd ever actually address that it would logically rip, and there's always the bio aura explanation. But really, made by the Kents or not, I'm pretty sure he won't be back in the New 52 suit. Either Reborn or classic.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So Batman has his son in this movie. What about Jon, Superman's son? I'd love to see him in this continuity eventually (pretty soon), but how should the writers introduce him? I really want to see Superman as a dad and some of his adventures with his son. I want a Super Sons movie but done right and very close to the comics. I think kids and families would really enjoy it.

I’m guessing he’ll get the Reborn suit. I just hope he gets the mullet and the guns with the Black Suit for his initial return. People will freak out.
    So Batman has his son in this movie. What about Jon, Superman's son? I'd love to see him in this continuity eventually (pretty soon), but how should the writers introduce him? I really want to see Superman as a dad and some of his adventures with his son. I want a Super Sons movie but done right and very close to the comics. I think kids and families would really enjoy it.
    Maybe eventually but he won’t be around the same age as Damian. I could go for a loose adaption of Jurgens Lois and Clark.

Kon93

They might actually give him the mullet, i mean they gave SB his classic haircut.

Man I hope they change the suit, mostly that belt, I've never liked the DCAU belt.

I just hope the 4 "Supermen" are kept vital at the end of the movie.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

That Superman Reborn suit is just too damned good to waste. My guess is that he'll be wearing his black suit with a toned-down version of the mullet, then end up in the all-too-brief Reborn costume for the next few films.

So... is it just me or it seemed like Diana was still carrying a bit of a torch for Clark/Superman in this movie?

Look at her facial expressions when Superman talks about Lois. Diana still cares more than she wants to admit. Personally, I love it lol. In my head canon, Diana just wasn't ready to be in a romantic relationship and all the work and commitment it requires. And Clark used to human relationships all his life wanted something more normal.

That doesn't mean that Superman and Diana could never be a couple again in the far future. The possibility is there. Don't get me wrong, I love Clois, but I also dig SuperWonder.

BANNED

So... is it just me or it seemed like Diana was still carrying a bit of a torch for Clark/Superman in this movie?

Look at her facial expressions when Superman talks about Lois. Diana still cares more than she wants to admit. Personally, I love it lol. In my head canon, Diana just wasn't ready to be in a romantic relationship and all the work and commitment it requires. And Clark used to human relationships all his life wanted something more normal.
    Diana said she could'nt deal with Clark's "masquerade" which to me demonstrates she had no real understanding of Clark Kent the man and his need to connect to humanity. I'm glad they broke up on amicable terms but I agree, she wasn't ready.

I don't think you'll be seeing SuperWonder in these movies again. Once Clark has his sights set on Lois, that's pretty much it from now 'till doomsday (pun intended), DC have long ceased promoting the couple as a serious item and even as a "deep platonic friendship" in the books so the synergy isn't there, and I think DC will want to promote the Super-Family and introduce Jon eventually.

Diana in the meantime can always go back to Steve if she's insecure about the notions of romance and connecting to humanity..that is, after all, how her N52 saga ended in Rebirth.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-23-2018 at 01:01 PM.