Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    From Superman Homepage:
    I know Fabian is playing Henshaw pre-Cyborg Superman, I'm just curious if he'll still play him while he's pretending to be Superman after the fight with Doomsday.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Fabian is playing Henshaw pre-Cyborg Superman, I'm just curious if he'll still play him while he's pretending to be Superman after the fight with Doomsday.
    OH! Geez.. my bad. Yeah, that'd be interesting. If they digitize his voice, it probably won't matter, but still...
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

This looks like a company managing decline.

Part of what made the comic world seem bigger is that Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Batman and Aquaman had their hands full with other challenges when Doomsday arrived in Metropolis.

By putting them into 'Death of Superman', and erasing characters like Bloodwynd, Maxima, Booster Gold, Fire, Ice, Guy, Blue Beetle, and even Guardian who made memorable appearances, it's like the opposite of world building. The universe just keeps getting smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
    Which Superboy do you guys think they will use in Reign of Supermen. The most obvious choice would have been Kon, but the fact that they are basing this in the new 52 and that they may do like a rebirth for the animated universe has made me doubt that they will use Kon. The reasons I doubt they will use Kon are:
    1. Very few people like the new 52 Kon
    2. In rebirth, Kon was not in the reign of supermen story
    3. There are too many version of the character. I think the fan favorite at least on this site is the 19's leather jacket Superboy with TTK, but the chances of them using him are slim since from the trailer we know they aren't doing a fully accurate adaptation. they will most likely either use the Superboy who has same powers as Superman or young justice tv show Superboy. i really hope they don't use the new 52 version or make another version of him that acts like Jon so that him and Damian can have the same dynamic as Jon and Damian in Super sons.
    They could use Jon because of rebirth and make him a clone of Superman( and maybe Lois or Lex or whoever they want) that gets adopted by Superman and Lois at the end of the 2nd part. But i am sure this well just piss off hardcore Kon fans.
    i am honestly fine with either because i know Kon will be in Young justice season 3 even if he will play a minor role and he is still alive in the injustice universe for now at least, and Jon is a fun character. The only thing that can be done to messed this up at least for me is if they do rebirth style and remove Superboy, use new 52 Superboy or make Kon a Jon Samuel Kent clone. We don't need another version of the Character!!.
    They should use Jon

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeswithoutaface View Post

Part of what made the comic world seem bigger is that Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Batman and Aquaman had their hands full with other challenges when Doomsday arrived in Metropolis.

By putting them into 'Death of Superman', and erasing characters like Bloodwynd, Maxima, Booster Gold, Fire, Ice, Guy, Blue Beetle, and even Guardian who made memorable appearances, it's like the opposite of world building. The universe just keeps getting smaller.
    Same with putting the movie into a universe in which Clark and Lois aren't that involved. They're trying really hard to be faithful so long as they don't have to stick to the source material; they're adhering to the spirit of the work as opposed to the letter. At least that's the impression I'm getting. Frankly, I've lost all interest in the animated adaption of his death and am at least hoping the return will be interesting.

Between rumors of the reboot on the corner, the poor state of their films, a lack of news on video games and the DC animated films (which were originally intended to be stand-alone) becoming a New 52 universe focused on Batman and his son, my faith in DC is being tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeswithoutaface View Post

Personally I'm just happy to see the full League team together in a movie for the first time since Thrones of Atlantis, with Hawkman and Martian Manhunter in tow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Same with putting the movie into a universe in which Clark and Lois aren't that involved. They're trying really hard to be faithful so long as they don't have to stick to the source material; they're adhering to the spirit of the work as opposed to the letter. At least that's the impression I'm getting. Frankly, I've lost all interest in the animated adaption of his death and am at least hoping the return will be interesting.
    They are going to become romantically involved in this movie though.

Additional voice cast and special features:

Nyambi Nyambi - Martian Manhunter

Toks Olagundoye - Cat Grant

Max Mittleman - Jimmy Olsen

Charlse Halford - Bibbo Bibowski

Jonathan Adams - The Mayor

Paul Eiding - Pa Kent

Jennifer Hale - Ma Kent

Trever Devall - Dabney Donovan/Bruno Manheim

Rick Pasqualone - Dan Turpin

Amanda Troop - Maggie Sawyer

Erica Luttrell - Mercy Graves

Cress Williams - John Henry Irons

Peter J. Tomasi will be writing the script for the film.

Special Features:
    The Death of Superman Enhanced Content
    Ultra HD Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, Blu-ray™ Deluxe Gift Set, Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and Digital

The Death of Superman: The Brawl That Topped Them All (Featurette) – Experience the battle between Superman and Doomsday like never before as creators of the iconic comic and the new film explore the nuances of “The Greatest Fight” with the help of a martial arts expert.

A Sneak Peek at DC Universe's Next Animated Movie, Reign of the Supermen – An exciting look at the next film in the two-part saga that brings the epic and emotional story of a world without the Man of Steel to life.

From the DC Comics Vault: Legion of Superheroes, “Dark Victory: Part 1” – After eliminating Imperiex, Brainiac 5 takes over his army and plans to take over the universe. With Superman thought to be dead, the other Legionnaires must stop him before it is too late!

From the DC Comics Vault: Legion of Superheroes, “Dark Victory: Part 2” – The Legion faces Imperiex in a final battle, while a traitor lurks in their midst.

Paul Eiding - Pa Kent

Jennifer Hale - Ma Kent

Special Features:
    Oh man I loved that Legion of Superheroes show. Still not sure if I want to buy the two parts separately or together like I did TDKR.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Paul Eiding - Pa Kent

Jennifer Hale - Ma Kent

Special Features:
    Tomasi writing the script is pretty interesting, since people have made comparisons to WB bringing classic superman back to the animated films the same way as the comics.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Wow Tomasi on script? That's surprising. But it seems clear that his run has really resonated with all corners of DC, even reaching animation and film (Cavill brought up Tomasi's run more than once unprompted). Seems like they are in fact not so subtlety using this as a Rebirth point. Good on him for getting such a push lately.

It might also be worth mentioning that Jake Castorena of Justice League Action is co-directing. I know a lot of people like the direction style of JLA, so that'll be nice to see transplanted onto something of this scale and budget.

Also they seem to be telegraphing a new suit in part 2 pretty hard, imo.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Certainly adds some fuel to the theory that Kon is out and they'll replace him with Jon somehow and someway in this story. At least it makes me think so, considering at this point Jon is more Tomasi's character than even Jurgens. My money is still on a time travel component. Which would be massively disappointing to say the least, but, I've nearly given up on this duology anyway.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-16-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Certainly adds some fuel to the theory that Kon is out and they'll replace him with Jon somehow and someway in this story. At least it makes me think so, considering at this point Jon is more Tomasi's character than even Jurgens. My money is still on a time travel component. Which would be massively disappointing to say the least, but, I've nearly given up on this duology anyway.
    Dabney Donovan's involvement indicates to me that we're getting a clone Superboy.

...I missed seeing Donovan on the the cast list. Okay I take back what I said as that lends into the Kon corner. Who knows at this point.

I think I'm just cranky because I have one of those stupid spring colds, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

So we've got Henshaw, John Henry/Steel, Donovan possibly in there to lead to Superboy...all that's left is setup for Eradicator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    ...I missed seeing Donovan on the the cast list. Okay I take back what I said as that lends into the Kon corner. Who knows at this point.

I think I'm just cranky because I have one of those stupid spring colds, lol.
    Happens to the best of us .

On a positive note I've been hoping for a long time that Donovan would come back to the comics. With Lex as kind of an amalgamation of his pre-and post-Crisis selves now, Superman just needs a pure, unabashed mad scientist in his rogue's gallery again.