Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm still leaning toward the theory that they'll introduce Jon as Superman's (and Lois') clone instead of Kon.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dabney Donovan's involvement indicates to me that we're getting a clone Superboy.
    Pardon my ignorance but who is Dabney Donovan?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

A mad scientist who worked for Cadmus and created the D.N.Aliens. Pretty much the guy when it came to cloning in Superman's mythos back in the day. But he was of course completely crazy. I believe he was a Kirby creation, actually.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    A mad scientist who worked for Cadmus and created the D.N.Aliens. Pretty much the guy when it came to clones in Superman's mythos back in the day. But he was of course completely crazy.
    Oh he's a character well if he's there then to probably streamline him he will probably be working for Luthor. Also thanks.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm still leaning toward the theory that they'll introduce Jon as Superman's (and Lois') clone instead of Kon.
    Honestly, with the Kents around and Donovan being in it, I'm expecting a Superboy clone that Clark ships off to the Kents.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Well regardless of who the clones genes come from I'd have hoped they'd make use of the Kents in this way if they were gonna be around. From my understanding Lois and Clark will be just getting together and getting serious, so it'd be hard to pull off a 10 year old so soon.

My guess is the clone will be anywhere between 10 and 13 to match Damian. Tomasi being within striking distance to start up Super Sons animated movie seems obvious to me.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dabney Donovan's involvement indicates to me that we're getting a clone Superboy.
    The article also mentions how their desire was to (paraphrasing here) "bring the key characters and storylines that fans love to life," so fingers crossed for Kon.

It's funny...I've had Henshaw's voice from the BBC radio show in my head for the last 20+ years, I hear it whenever I read Henshaw, my favorite villain (the only voice I've ever heard for him)...it's going to be very weird to hear a new one!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I dont see why they couldn't have Conner as the project attempt to recreate superman,and then at the end of the movie have Clark and Lois say they are pregnant.

Jon should NOT be a clone,or from the future imo.he should be raised by his parents as normal as can be expected in the DCU.if that takes going off for 10 years ala convergence to raise him so be it but I believe to make Jon,Jon,he needs to be raised like a regular kid.

Conner could be a clone who was released way to early and thinks he is a actual clone like he thought until Superman went with him to visit cadmus.they should mix his powers to represent both of his origins,as in physically strong,fast,and durable as a teenage kryptonian,while he flies using his TTK even though he won't know that,and he can still dissemble ol hanks arm like he did before,then later as we see him in other movies his powers grow

They can't have Lois just get pregnant because they're not interested in a baby, they want an automatic ten year old (my main complaint with the entire concept). If they just announce at the end that Lois is pregnant, they'd have to do something like a ten year time skip to get what they want. And apparently since Damian already exists in the current present day of this AU, a time jump like that is off the table. I mean, they could say somehow that Lois and Superman go off somewhere where ten years pass for them but then they return to Earth and barely any time has passed for anyone else. That'd be one option, but then you'd have a continuity where Superman and Lois are ten years older than their peers. No big deal for Superman, but pretty immersion-breaking for Lois.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

They can't have Lois just get pregnant because they're not interested in a baby, they want an automatic ten year old (my main complaint with the entire concept). If they just announce at the end that Lois is pregnant, they'd have to do something like a ten year time skip to get what they want. And apparently since Damian already exists in the current present day of this AU, a time jump like that is off the table. I mean, they could say somehow that Lois and Superman go off somewhere where ten years pass for them but then they return to Earth and barely any time has passed for anyone else. That'd be one option, but then you'd have a continuity where Superman and Lois are ten years older than their peers. No big deal for Superman, but pretty immersion-breaking for Lois.

Lois's age is the only obstacle here,and they can think of a million ways around that.

That way we have a season Superman,Jon as son of superman,,and Connertill be the teenage clone.

Incredible Member

Written by Tomasi... Well there goes any hope of a decent end to the new 52 legacy for superman.

All this talk about Jon and this Clark and Lois barely have any chemistry. Lol

Pretty much this.

If they were to go the clone angle, then realistically we as the viewers wouldn't really know what way they were going (Jon or Kon) till any movie featuring him after Death of Superman part 2, given Superboy was the only name given to the clone before all else followed. A relatively short clone on the cusp of puberty sporting a containment suit under some sort of zipable jacket or hoodie is still a toss up. I foresee a pretty heavy amalgamation on the horizon likely ending with the name Jon in a Super Sons movie while technically in part 2 of Death of Superman he's just the self assured but earnest Superboy.

Side note: Tomasi's height and age jokes between Damian and Jon still very much work in this context too. Jon is less than a year old ("infant", "child", or "baby" all fit) yet he'd likely be taller than Damian.

That's the cake and eating it too, imo
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-16-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Why would DC place a 10 year old in the grasp of the cyborg Superman like Conner was? It wouldn't even feel right.

Conner Kent will be there,he will match up with the Titans while at the end of the movie we have the marriage.

Next movie will have the story of Jon,while Conner will be shuffled over to Titans movies

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Why would DC place a 10 year old in the grasp of the cyborg Superman like Conner was? It wouldn't even feel right.
    Well this is the same DC/WB that depicted this happening to a 8 or 9 year old, and they were pretty cool with it.

At the very least, the hypothetical prepubescent super child in question (Superboy) would be quite durable, so there likely wouldn't be anything so graphic like having a blade kicked into his forearm, and then having the other arm stabbed too (Damian also gets his arm casually broken in the fight for good measure). So I think they'd be fine regardless.

Next movie will have the story of Jon,while Conner will be shuffled over to Titans movies
    Jon the new born baby that has no agency or character? By the time he's 10 everyone else will have aged 10 years including Damian (23 or 24). Doesn't add up if they do actually want to use Jon. At that point you might as well not bother with him.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-16-2018 at 05:37 PM.