Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The less like "Death of Superman" it looks, the...erm...merrier?

Thanks for sharing Frontier

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Who wants to bet when Supes comes back fully in this he's wearing the classic costume or it's Reborn equivalent?

Oh And I just realized they have a husband and wife in real life voicing Supes and Lois Lane. Nice touch.

Still, most of the announcements and info about this have been disappointing. I didn't expect a 1:1 remake ( I fully expected them to go with the more well known versions of Kon-El, Lex, Supergirl and the JL for instance) but so far nothing is indicating they are even trying a credible adaptation and are once again creating a new story that includes just the basic beats ( Doomsday kills him, imposter Superman or men show up, Superman returns.). So, really, what's the point? If that's what they are going for, the Doomsday movie from the mid 2000's works pretty well already.

Maybe it'll end up good. I'll give it a chance when it comes out, but my hopes are dwindling.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 03-26-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Who wants to bet when Supes comes back fully in this he's wearing the classic costume or it's Reborn equivalent?
    When he's coming back he'll probably be wearing the black Solar Suit, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's wearing the Rebirth/Reborn suit when he goes back to being Superman or the classic suit.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When he's coming back he'll probably be wearing the black Solar Suit, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's wearing the Rebirth/Reborn suit when he goes back to being Superman or the classic suit.
    That's what I meant. For the sake of brand synergy and all that.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member

When is this coming out?

I just wish they'd have marketed this as a new take. When you say something is going to be faithful to its original source, people will understandably have expectations that it will indeed be very close to the source material. This is going to be more different than Superman/Doomsday. I would have been fine with a differing take. I just don't like being lied to is all.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Oh And I just realized they have a husband and wife in real life voicing Supes and Lois Lane. Nice touch.

Still, most of the announcements and info about this have been disappointing. I didn't expect a 1:1 remake ( I fully expected them to go with the more well known versions of Kon-El, Lex, Supergirl and the JL for instance) but so far nothing is indicating they are even trying a credible adaptation and are once again creating a new story that includes just the basic beats ( Doomsday kills him, imposter Superman or men show up, Superman returns.). So, really, what's the point? If that's what they are going for, the Doomsday movie from the mid 2000's works pretty well already.

Maybe it'll end up good. I'll give it a chance when it comes out, but my hopes are dwindling.
    Personally I haven't see enough to indicate that they won't be more accurate to the Death of Superman story then Doomsday was, especially with Henshaw having a prominent role.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    When is this coming out?
    Probably around July-August, and I assume Reign will be in January of 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I just wish they'd have marketed this as a new take. When you say something is going to be faithful to its original source, people will understandably have expectations that it will indeed be very close to the source material. This is going to be more different than Superman/Doomsday. I would have been fine with a differing take. I just don't like being lied to is all.
    Just having Henshaw and probably the Supermen for the next movie makes this more faithful then Doomsday.

Thanks for the images..

Luthor expression.. Is strange.. This will be one Superman post-resurrection image?

BANNED

Rebecca is such a cool person too so I would be happy if she continued to get more voicework with Jerry in this universe. Rebecca was always one of those women who came off really, really down to earth to me. I've always liked her. And she is FUNNY.

If they ever introduce Jon Kent in this universe, I hope they keep her around as Lois because Rebecca and Jerry famously had infertility issues and then had children together. So they would absolutely GET that piece of the mythos.

Other than that cool piece? I got nothing. I don't understand why we are seemingly getting another version of this story that is does not appear to be faithful to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Other than that cool piece? I got nothing. I don't understand why we are seemingly getting another version of this story that is does not appear to be faithful to the original.
    I mean, I don't think we can really say it won't be faithful to the original yet (their take on Judas Contract was actually fairly close to the comic despite obvious differences in terms of the characters involved) but I can think of a few reasons why they're doing it:

- Lets them develop and expand on this version of Superman and his supporting cast.

- Lets them introduce the other Supermen into the universe, a few of whom have never really been in a DC cartoon before.

- There are generally two in-continuity movies per year and this will make our second of 2018.

- Put the kibbosh on the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship.

BANNED

Thank god it's Lois cradling him and not Diana.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Holy moley, Rainn Wilson as Luthor? I might actually be interested in this thing now just to hear that.
    Buh-bye

From right to left in the background:

Aquaman -> Flash -> Hawkman -> Batman(?) -> Cyborg(?) -> Green Lantern(?) ->Wonder Woman -> Zatanna(?) (it looks like a woman, but not one of Zee's traditional costumes).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Holy moley, Rainn Wilson as Luthor? I might actually be interested in this thing now just to hear that.
    Yeah I do have to say that the voice acting is extremely on point.

Remember how Dwight used to quote Lex Luthor from Smallville on the Office? Am I the only one who remembers that? It was hilarious. Rainn is going to be GREAT.