Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Also I saw Superlad mention that Lex has cancer in this version, yet I've seen no mention of Lex's role and status in this telling of the story here other than the guy from the Office is voicing him and he's bald. Did I miss something?
    Nah not me. Or at least I was unclear in my post. I said this version wouldn't have cancer or a clone because that plot point is too laced in specific continuity really to happen here in this continuity. I'm saying I'm totally cool with that.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-28-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yikes, Doomsday's design looks really bad. He looks like the Creeper from the Jeepers Creepers films. Its like they tried to give him more of a human looking face so-to-speak and it just doesn't work.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-28-2018 at 04:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well, dodged the shipping war bullet.

But I am looking forward to this film, if only to see how it plays out. The recent Suicide Squad film was done far better than the live action one, with Bronze Tiger about stealing the show. So, DC animated films still have some good to them (Gotham by Gaslight was also good).

Amazing Member

I think this animation film will be good, I watched the sneak peek ... it looks fantastic!!
    Last edited by Superfamily; 03-28-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Never liked Supermans belt in these new 52 animated movies,and I welcome that damn thing being gone.

Why can't the new "revised" story go
    Lois and Clark fall in love
    Superman and doomsday fight to the death
    Reign of the supermen happens,WITH kon-el
    Superman comes back and marries Lois
    Lois and Clark get pregnant

And move on from there?

Nothing is lost,just "squished" together,almost like Jurgens explained in his new Reborn timeline.

Just make sure to add kon
    As far as we know that might not be too far off from how things will actually go.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way it goes down too. Except Kon. I hate to say it, but I'm just not confident he will appear here. I want to be, but I'm just not, not with how married they are to synching everything as close as they can to whatever the current continuity is at the time in the comics. And Conner doesn't exist right now in the main comics continuity with thus far no sign of him returning soon, thus I think that substantially escalates the possibility they exclude his presence from this particular adaptation.

I wouldn't be surprised if instead, they don't utilize some sort of time travel scenario. Instead of a clone, along with Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, and John Henry Irons, introduce 10-year-old Jon as Superboy, the son of Superman, in the thick of the story as a time traveler who has come to the past to help make sure his father's resurrection happens. Have him the last of the four to show up so Cyborg gets to play his charade for a while (obviously a time traveler would immediately be able to out Cyborg as evil). Then, at the end, instead of the POV of the newly resurrected Superman, we follow the POV of Jon returning to his time, and we settle down with that Superman and co. moving forward.

This essentially would be the AU's version of Rebirth. Instead of getting lost time back, you just move forward in time and everyone's seasoned vets now (again), and in new (more classic) costumes to boot.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-28-2018 at 08:51 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way it goes down too. Except Kon. I hate to say it, but I'm just not confident he will appear here. I want to be, but I'm just not, not with how married they are to synching everything as close as they can to whatever the current continuity is at the time in the comics. And Conner doesn't exist right now in the main comics continuity with thus far no sign of him returning soon, thus I think that substantially escalates the possibility they exclude his presence from this particular adaptation.

I wouldn't be surprised if instead, they don't utilize some sort of time travel scenario. Instead of a clone, along with Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, and John Henry Irons, introduce 10-year-old Jon as Superboy, the son of Superman, in the thick of the story as a time traveler who has come to the past to help make sure his father's resurrection happens. Have him the last of the four to show up so Cyborg gets to play his charade for a while (obviously a time traveler would immediately be able to out Cyborg as evil). Then, at the end, instead of the POV of the newly resurrected Superman, we follow the POV of Jon returning to his time, and we settle down with that Superman and co. moving forward.

This essentially would be the AU's version of Rebirth. Instead of getting lost time back, you just move forward in time and everyone's seasoned vets now (again), and in new (more classic) costumes to boot.
    Actually, with Lex's involvement, I'm more tempted to believe we'll still have a cloned Superboy.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

That would be ambitious as hell, and probably like my favorite version of Death of Superman if done right. But I don't see them doing the 10 year time skip because you'd have to deal with characters like Damian and Raven now being about 24 or so. I can't see them messing with that given how much mileage they're getting out of pre-teen/teen Damian (he's got like 4 movies under his belt, and likely more to come).

Though, there's nothing that says Jon can't just get stuck in the past for an extended amount of time or even commute back and forth if the DCAU suddenly gets super freakin cool. That would even set up for stuff like Damian's Batman 666 in Jon's time while still allowing for Super Sons. There's even percipient for the whole future Jon thing given that Jon Lane Kent stuck around the 21st century for a while.

But ultimately I think they might just make him the New 52 cloned Superboy.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ack, I forgot that younger gens had already been introduced under the New-52-like cluster of films. Yeah that does mess up the idea.

Ack, I forgot that younger gens had already been introduced under the New-52-like cluster of films. Yeah that does mess up the idea.
    We're talking about DC and WB, who have histories of picking and choosing what parts of continuity to keep and what parts to throw out. If they decide to introduce a kid 10 years younger than Damien and then have them as the same age the next movie, it really shouldn't shock anyone at this point, should it?

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    We're talking about DC and WB, who have histories of picking and choosing what parts of continuity to keep and what parts to throw out. If they decide to introduce a kid 10 years younger than Damien and then have them as the same age the next movie, it really shouldn't shock anyone at this point, should it?
    They've been pretty consistent with their time line, plus wally already exists so I say no they won't do that. They've been using established stories as a framework to tell there own tales whilst keeping thing fairly on-tract. Why they're suddenly going this route has to be some company mandate they can't get out of since the guy over the whole shebang said they were not re-birthing. They're basically just jobbing at this point since they seemed quite happy with what they were doing before. How do you go from Superman and Wonder Woman in Judas Contract to this movie? It's too whiplash inducing. Superman isn't that fickle in his affections man no way, and neither is Wonder Woman. This is going to piss a lot of people off.

Why do I feel like I've been reading this same story for over 25 yrs now?

Oh, yeah...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    How do you go from Superman and Wonder Woman in Judas Contract to this movie? It's too whiplash inducing. Superman isn't that fickle in his affections man no way, and neither is Wonder Woman. This is going to piss a lot of people off.
    If you watch the sneek peek, you'll see Clark and Diana do have a scene together in the sattelite (the "I don't sweat" scene). Again, all it takes is a few lines of dialogue in that scene to convey the new status quo.

People can break up. Shocking I know.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Nah not me. Or at least I was unclear in my post. I said this version wouldn't have cancer or a clone because that plot point is too laced in specific continuity really to happen here in this continuity. I'm saying I'm totally cool with that.
    Ah. I admit I just skimmed the thread after it blew up and probably misread you. Honestly when this thread started to go down the "my ship is better than your ship and if you disagree you're a sexist" off topic ranting from certain posters I kinda let my eyes glaze over.

Yeah I agree. I don't need a 1 to 1 adaptation of the original Death story, because to set up that particular continuity point would require a whole prelude film to set up Aussie Lex, Matrix Supergirl etc. Plus I always thought that that any retelling of DOS should include the big 7 league and not the bush league version. I can understand why they weren't used in the original story, but that was due to the different editorial philosophy in the early 90s and in my opinion, it's hard to take Doomsday seriously as a threat if he's just beating up Blue Beetle, Booster Gold and Fire. Give me the big leagers for that fight.

I do hope they are more faithful to REIGN. If they hit closer to the mark with that half, this project will be a success.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

I do hope they are more faithful to REIGN. If they hit closer to the mark with that half, this project will be a success.
    Absolutely. I think a lot of readers are looking upon the original Death of Superman story with rose-colored glasses. It was pretty terrible, but had pretty art. On the other hand, Reign of the Supermen was fantastic and deserves a solid adaptation.