Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
    Which Superboy do you guys think they will use in Reign of Supermen. The most obvious choice would have been Kon, but the fact that they are basing this in the new 52 and that they may do like a rebirth for the animated universe has made me doubt that they will use Kon. The reasons I doubt they will use Kon are:
    1. Very few people like the new 52 Kon
    2. In rebirth, Kon was not in the reign of supermen story
    3. There are too many version of the character. I think the fan favorite at least on this site is the 19's leather jacket Superboy with TTK, but the chances of them using him are slim since from the trailer we know they aren't doing a fully accurate adaptation. they will most likely either use the Superboy who has same powers as Superman or young justice tv show Superboy. i really hope they don't use the new 52 version or make another version of him that acts like Jon so that him and Damian can have the same dynamic as Jon and Damian in Super sons.
    They could use Jon because of rebirth and make him a clone of Superman( and maybe Lois or Lex or whoever they want) that gets adopted by Superman and Lois at the end of the 2nd part. But i am sure this well just piss off hardcore Kon fans.
    i am honestly fine with either because i know Kon will be in Young justice season 3 even if he will play a minor role and he is still alive in the injustice universe for now at least, and Jon is a fun character. The only thing that can be done to messed this up at least for me is if they do rebirth style and remove Superboy, use new 52 Superboy or make Kon a Jon Samuel Kent clone. We don't need another version of the Character!!.
    To me it would be a pretty big slap in the face to not use Kon, but at the same time at this point I can easily see them not using him. I could see them trying to play on the son angle early somehow, since the consensus opinion is that this is all leading to things lining up more with a Rebirth aesthetic.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sadly, still "meh" for me. But for those who are hyped for it, hope it's good!
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Rainn Wilsons Luthor will take some getting used to. Reminds me a little too much of Eisenberg's high-pitched voice.

I'm happy to see Mercy in there .

Any bets that we'll see a Superman clone (Superboy) in Lex's secret lab?
    Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Sadly, still "meh" for me. But for those who are hyped for it, hope it's good!
    I think it looked pretty cool (but that's just me) .

I mean, it's a little "been there, done that," but the real meat of this is going to be in how they adapt Reign in my opinion.

Rainn Wilsons Luthor will take some getting used to. Reminds me a little too much of Eisenberg's high-pitched voice.

I mean, it's a little "been there, done that," but the real meat of this is going to be in how they adapt Reign in my opinion.
    Yeah, Reign will be the tell, for sure. For me, a lot of it is the character designs. There's nothing dynamic (imo) about the way they've done his suit at all (a darker blue can be good but that's muted navy-blue, and it's one of the weakest versions of the New52 suit which I'm not crazy about to begin with), and both of Doomsday's looks just don't pop for me, either. And with animation, if the designs don't grab ya, it's hard for the rest to work.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

At this point, I'm mostly over my initial devestating disappointment. Not good with it, just over it. I only hope they at least keep the iconic shot of Superman and Doomsday coming at each other, Superman's fists together high while Doomsday comes in for the uppercut, for the final blow that takes them out. No "falling from space" like the 2007 version, and I hope that shot in the trailer of them going super speed at each other isn't the final hit either (it probably will be, though).

I'll support this movie, because I want more Superman animated movies. But I'll never understand why this couldn't have been a standalone genuine adaptation like The Dark Knight Returns got.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Yeah, Reign will be the tell, for sure. For me, a lot of it is the character designs. There's nothing dynamic (imo) about the way they've done his suit at all (a darker blue can be good but that's muted navy-blue, and it's one of the weakest versions of the New52 suit which I'm not crazy about to begin with), and both of Doomsday's looks just don't pop for me, either. And with animation, if the designs don't grab ya, it's hard for the rest to work.
    Cyborg Superman is my favorite villain in all of comics. I am REALLY hoping they nail his design, and that he sounds cool.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Cyborg Superman is my favorite villain in all of comics. I am REALLY hoping they nail his design, and that he sounds cool.
    I completely agree.. and I don't have high hopes, sadly - if they keep with these kinds of designs, it's not - my opinion of course - going to be pretty.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

I completely agree.. and I don't have high hopes, sadly - if they keep with these kinds of designs, it's not - my opinion of course - going to be pretty.
    My fear as well. With my luck, they'll give Henshaw something similar to Zor-El's New 52 design (rolls eyes).

Looks cool. Not crazy about how dark his suit is, but I still think this is leading into a “Rebirth” on the animation side. I like Wilson Luthor, way better than the previous Lex VA. I’m more excited for Reign though, but I’m going to buy this because I want more non-Batman movies.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Yeah Part 2 is what I'm really looking forward too. Part 1 I agree with "been there done that" especially after the recent BvS movie.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Never liked this art style and this trailer made me even less excited for this one. I'm not sure where the appeal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I'm curious if O'Connel will also voice Cyborg-Superman before the reveal that it's Henshaw.

I also wonder if he'll voice Eradicator.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Never liked this art style and this trailer made me even less excited for this one. I'm not sure where the appeal is.
    Appeal is supposed to be "omg Doomsday wow"
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I'm curious if O'Connel will also voice Cyborg-Superman before the reveal that it's Henshaw.

I also wonder if he'll voice Eradicator.
    From Superman Homepage:

With the upcoming 2-part animated movie “The Death of Superman”, Warner Bros. Animation has promised a more faithful adaptation of the epic comic book story than what was seen in 2007’s “Superman: Doomsday”. And they’re bringing back some familiar voices to take on this massive story.

Jerry O’Connell will return to voice Superman, after having done so in three previous films: “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis,” “Justice League vs. Teen Titans,” and “Justice League Dark”. He will be joined by his wife Rebecca Romijn, who will voice the role of Lois Lane.

Rainn Wilson will take on the role of Lex Luthor, while other voice cast members from previous animated Justice League movies will also return, including Rosario Dawson as Wonder Woman; Nathan Fillion as the Green Lantern; Christopher Gorham as The Flash; Matt Lanter as Aquaman; Shemar Moore as Cyborg; and Jason O’Mara as Batman.

Rocky Carroll will voice Silas Stone (Cyborg’s father) and Patrick Fabian takes on the role of Hank Henshaw (aka Cyborg Superman).

“The Death of Superman” animated movie is due to be released on August 7, 2018 on Blu-ray, DVD, and for digital download, while the second part “Reign of the Supermen” is set to drop in early 2019.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com