Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well this is the same DC/WB that depicted this happening to a 8 or 9 year old, and they were pretty cool with it.

At the very least, the hypothetical prepubescent super child in question (Superboy) would be quite durable, so there likely wouldn't be anything so graphic like having a blade kicked into his forearm, and then having the other arm stabbed too (Damian also gets his arm casually broken in the fight for good measure). So I think they'd be fine regardless.

Jon the new born baby that has no agency or character? By the time he's 10 everyone else will have aged 10 years including Damian (23 or 24). Doesn't add up if they do actually want to use Jon. At that point you might as well not bother with him.

Damian is hardly a kid,more a short assassin,and a *******,not anything like Jon.

Jon would not survive ol Hank getting ahold of him,he isn't that damn powerful.

Time travel shenanigans will have to happen,but don't you want Jon to have a normal upbringing before he becomes superboy?

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    All this talk about Jon and this Clark and Lois barely have any chemistry. Lol
    Well, they've barely interacted in these movies to begin with...

(But I doubt Lois and Clark have been that intimate by the time of this movie).
    Pretty much this.

If they were to go the clone angle, then realistically we as the viewers wouldn't really know what way they were going (Jon or Kon) till any movie featuring him after Death of Superman part 2, given Superboy was the only name given to the clone before all else followed. A relatively short clone on the cusp of puberty sporting a containment suit under some sort of zipable jacket or hoodie is still a toss up. I foresee a pretty heavy amalgamation on the horizon likely ending with the name Jon in a Super Sons movie while technically in part 2 of Death of Superman he's just the self assured but earnest Superboy.

Side note: Tomasi's height and age jokes between Damian and Jon still very much work in this context too. Jon is less than a year old ("infant", "child", or "baby" all fit) yet he'd likely be taller than Damian.

That's the cake and eating it too, imo
    I expect Superboy will probably get shipped off to the Kents and then shipped off to the Titans to appear whenever they do another Titans movie.

And then we would have a Donna Troy Wonder Girl, a possible Kon-El Superboy, and a Damian Wayne Robin on a Titans team together .

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Damian is hardly a kid,more a short assassin,and a *******,not anything like Jon.
    Sure, but still remains a child regardless of his training or disposition. He was voiced by a child of comparable age ta boot. And regardless of Damian's ability they still had a child stabbed multiple times while fighting a grown man, and they were cool with it. If they're fine with that I can't imagine they'd have an issue a child with some degree of superhuman durability and strength being put in a similar situation.

Jon would not survive ol Hank getting ahold of him,he isn't that damn powerful.
    He'd be as powerful as this incarnation of the character would require for the story to be told. So, there's no reason to assume he--as a new version of the character--wouldn't be able to at least live through some sort of assault from Hank similar to the Superboy in the 90's comic. Again, an amalgamation is very much on the table.

Time travel shenanigans will have to happen
    Any sort of time travel shenanigans will remain more convoluted than the simple explanation of "he's the test tube baby of Lois and Superman." That's nine words in the face of minimum 20 that would take to explain any time dealings. Look at Superman Reborn. Till this day, fans can't seem to agree on what the correct continuity is or even what Clark wore in continuity, and DC isn't forthcoming with information because it's complicated. I doubt an animation division would want any part of the headache that would be.

but don't you want Jon to have a normal upbringing before he becomes superboy?
    Not really dependent on what I want because I'm not making this film. I'm just talking about what is likely give what we currently know. And the fact that this isn't a direct adaptation of Death of and Reign means quite a bit can be left up to the interpenetration of the filmmakers without being completely beholden to the original comic(s). This extends to Death of/Reign and the depiction of Lois and Clark's married life, and the life of their child, and that extends even to how he is conceived.

It's also telling that Tomasi--writer of the popular Super Sons book and primary story teller for all things related to Jon Kent after his creation--is going to be the one to do the first two, and only (thus far), Superman movies in this movie continuity. If the idea were to have Tomasi do his thing after Death and Return, then that would've made me believe these two movies would've been largely untouched, and the changes would come in the following movies. But the fact that he's actually writing Death and Return makes me think that changes that he's associated with (Jon and the Lois and Clark relationship) will be present in these two films.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And then we would have a Donna Troy Wonder Girl, a possible Kon-El Superboy, and a Damian Wayne Robin on a Titans team together .
    Hmmm, it's strange that you think they'll name him both Jon and Kon-El, but to each his own
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Honestly, if Tomasi seemed really primed to be setting up Jon I don't think he would keep the cloning element there, especially since I think Lex will still be tied into it.

I mean, obviously with him involved there's the Rebirth connection and what he emphasized in the franchise, but I think the fact that, current continuity or not, they have said they're trying to be more accurate to the original story.

So I think we're more likely to see a Conner-esque Superboy then we are to see something resembling Jon. But they might combine the two.
    Hmmm, it's strange that you think they'll name him both Jon and Kon-El, but to each his own
    It would be kind of weird to name him after Pa Kent when he's still alive .

But they might combine the two.
    That's honestly my prediction. I can almost envision the modern updated suit after he escapes.

It would be kind of weird to name him after Pa Kent when he's still alive .
    Hmmm, I suppose the guy's about due for a fatal heart attack at the sight of his son dying, and then said heart attack allows him to bring his son back from the afterlife, but at the cost of his own, wouldn't you say?

Side note: Lex's involvement might actually be far closer to the comics for once in that he doesn't want a clone of Superman in any form.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-16-2018 at 07:32 PM.

That's honestly my prediction.
    I agree it's possible, but I think he's much more likely to take from Kon then Jon as far as how he'll be depicted and handled.
    Hmmm, I suppose the guy's about due for a fatal heart attack at the sight of his son dying, and then said heart attack allows him to bring his son back from the afterlife, but at the cost of his own, wouldn't you say?
    I don't think they'll go that far, if only because I expect both Kents to be around when Clark inevitably ships Superboy off to live with them .

Combining the 2 would be a mess,because it would totally lose what made both of them SPECIAL.they are nothing like each other,and that's why there is and always will be space in the DCU for both of them.

Jon is unique because of his pure, innocent,and absolutely normal childhood,and his time as superboy is all about wonderment,kinda like Billy Batson turning into the captain.

Conner is unique because he was created to be Superman,but isn't,so he finds his own way,and finds his own place in the DCU.

Honestly, I don't even see why you would make a clone with Superman and Lois Lane's DNA specifically.

Like, I can see a point to combining Supes and Lex's DNA because then you basically get a kind of perfect being with the best of both worlds.

The only point I can see to adding Lois in there is to add a dose of human DNA to limit the clone's powers (somehow?).

I agree it's possible, but I think he's much more likely to take from Kon then Jon as far as how he'll be depicted and handled.
    In terms of initial debut, I agree. I think they'll play up his arrogance due to his power and heritage. But the I think the character arc will be one of humility that brings him closer to Jon's neck of the woods. I think they'll simply match Damian's age (yet keep the "I'm shorter but older because you're only like a few months old" dynamic) making him like 13, thus making it all the more comical when he stomps into the Planet saying he's Superman.

I don't think they'll go that far, if only because I expect both Kents to be around when Clark inevitably ships Superboy off to live with them .
    I imagine Ma Kent would love the company now that her husband has passed saving her son (the heart attack being the cliffhanger of the first movie)

In terms of initial debut, I agree. I think they'll play up his arrogance due to his power and heritage. But the I think the character arc will be one of humility that brings him closer to Jon's neck of the woods. I think they'll simply match Damian's age (yet keep the "I'm shorter but older because you're only like a few months old" dynamic) making him like 13, thus making it all the more comical when he stomps into the Planet saying he's Superman.
    Damian's actually kind of old now, so I think they can probably introduce Superboy at around the same age he was in Post-Crisis and go from there.
    I imagine Ma Kent would love the company now that her husband has passed saving her son (the heart attack being the cliffhanger of the first movie)
    I imagine the cliffhanger will probably be related to at least one of the Supermen...or all of them, to set up the next movie.

Damian's actually kind of old now, so I think they can probably introduce Superboy at around the same age he was in Post-Crisis and go from there.
    I can't get a read on his age. My gut says like 13-14. We at the very least know he's a teen, but I hesitate to think he's like 15 or 16. Damian first showed up at about 8 or 9 years old, so I wouldn't imagine him much older than 13.

I imagine the cliffhanger will probably be related to at least one of the Supermen...or all of them, to set up the next movie.
    Right after Pa has the heart attack? Sure!

That's mid credits scene material right there. Just like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmcgayQg9bU
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-16-2018 at 07:54 PM.

I can't get a read on his age. My gut says like 13-14. We at the very least know he's a teen, but I hesitate to think he's like 15 or 16. Damian first showed up at about 8 or 9 years old, so I wouldn't imagine him much older than 13.
    I'd say he's probably on par with the other Titans, so around 14-16.

He's definitely a little older then he is in the comics right now.

Right after Pa has the heart attack? Sure!

That's mid credits scene material right there. Just like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmcgayQg9bU
    Man, what a downer that would be .

I'd say he's probably on par with the other Titans, so around 14-16.

He's definitely a little older then he is in the comics right now.
    I don't know about that. While I agree he's might possibly be about a year older than his comic version, I think that's about it. I can't give him anything above 14. He still looks younger than Raven (the closest in age to him), and this is before Tomasi put out the idea that he was short for his age. All other instances of him being shorter than people around him in the comics were because of his super young age (up till now were he turned 13). I have no reason to believe that animation team is currently playing him as short rather than younger than everyone else.

Fantastic Member

I will say based on who wrote the movie I am more interested in seeing it. https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...835786752?s=19