Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Wow those replies were unanimously positive. Smart move by DC. This might assure them a slight bump from the everlasting Rebirth goodwill and Tomasi's Superman rep. That's kind of remarkable given the circumstances.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Part of the fun with Damian is he is younger than the other young heroes talking to them and treating them like he is better than them,so his age being 13 or up to 15 doesnt matter.

This isn't all star superman and it wouldn't make sense for a cloned child of Lois and Clark,but it would make sense for lex freaking luthor to create his own super clone right under Cadmuss nose.

I get ppl want Jon to show up,I do too,but this is not the time or place for it.

Btw Conner has been disrespected enough by DC.we see him on the YJ show,the Injustice universe,and multiverse older versions of him,but not really in the DCU,and that is a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    This isn't all star superman and it wouldn't make sense for a cloned child of Lois and Clark
    But we don't know the context of the creation of the clone (regardless of genes). In the context of the film, it could make perfect sense. Cadmus could go back to something closer to Kirby's version where they were more just a bold faced outpost for futurism, and they were on friendly terms with Superman. Or Tomasi might homage All Star because of how big of a Grant Morrison fan he is (shown all throughout his Superman and Batman runs).

Or they might go in a totally different direction than one we've thought of.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

If they're doing a Superman clone for "science" then I think it's more likely to be a Superman and Lex clone then a Supemran clone with Lois Lane DNA in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they're doing a Superman clone for "science" then I think it's more likely to be a Superman and Lex clone then a Supemran clone with Lois Lane DNA in it.
    But if they're friends/on good terms with Superman then adding in the genes of the guy that actively hates Superman would be super messed up. I imagine the human half will be largely for the stabilization of the cloning.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But if they're friends/on good terms with Superman then adding in the genes of the guy that actively hates Superman would be super messed up. I imagine the human half will be largely for the stabilization of the cloning.
    Unless Lex is involved with the clone, which I wouldn't be surprised to see be the case.

Unless Lex is involved with the clone, which I wouldn't be surprised to see be the case.
    Possible. Also possible he might not be involved, but rather super mad at the idea of a small Superman popping up right after the bigger one died.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Possible. Also possible he might not be involved, but rather super mad at the idea of a small Superman popping up right after the bigger one died.
    I'm just looking at that moment in the trailer with the secret lab her and Mercy are getting into and thinking "yeah, I can totally see Superboy coming out of that."

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Same with putting the movie into a universe in which Clark and Lois aren't that involved. They're trying really hard to be faithful so long as they don't have to stick to the source material; they're adhering to the spirit of the work as opposed to the letter. At least that's the impression I'm getting. Frankly, I've lost all interest in the animated adaption of his death and am at least hoping the return will be interesting.

Between rumors of the reboot on the corner, the poor state of their films, a lack of news on video games and the DC animated films (which were originally intended to be stand-alone) becoming a New 52 universe focused on Batman and his son, my faith in DC is being tested.
    Using well-known source material as a foundation to tell new stories sounds like a great idea to me. Unfortunately, because 'Death of Superman' is so well-known in comics, it's low-hanging fruit that non-creative bean-counters can try to extract money out of for the short term. This time when they remix the story, they're going to change it up and use the same brands that they've been flogging to death since the late 80s. Why do we have to have Batman in the Death of Superman story? Simple. DC has to put Batman in everything. We saw how much source material DC managed to damage in theatre. Batman V Superman basically ruined the 'Dark Knight Returns', the 'Death of Superman', and several Justice League stories where the team first comes together. Also, since you pointed it out, look how bad and under-developed Clark and Lois are in the latest entries by DC/WB. With visions of themselves swimming around in a vault of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck, not only did DC manage to make their universe smaller, but by cramming all of their big characters together, they damaged their brands.

So back to this Death and Return of Superman movie. You would think that cramming all the big brands together Zack Snyder style would incite interest this time, but when the higher-ups haven't shown the ability to tell a good story in a long time, I can think of other things they might encourage. Apathy. Boredom. Indifference.

I'm just looking at that moment in the trailer with the secret lab her and Mercy are getting into and thinking "yeah, I can totally see Superboy coming out of that."
    For sure. That was my very first thought, but then I looked a little closer, and I think it might be an underground bunker. Lex lives in the city, and his and Mercy's dialog indicates that Superman is still fighting the creature at the time (Mercy: "You think it might kill Superman?" Lex: "It would save me a lot of trouble.").

And I also had the thought that Lex may be involved in either Cyborg Superman's or Eradicator's creation rather than Superboy's. Setting those two up (Cyborg in particular) with any sort of 1:1 resemblance to the source material beyond the cosmetic is rather hard for even a two story--let alone a two part story with a continuity unlike the one in the source.

Eradicator seems simple enough, I think. Kal's death triggers some long dormant fail-safe in the Fortress, and similar to Tomasi's Eradicator he's formed around the glasses and appearance of Clark.

Cyborg is harder to swing without some sort of Frankenstein angle to anchor him. There's not much time to set everything that Hank is in the comics in just two movies. I this is where Lex comes in with his modern penchant for unwittingly making monsters.

I'm actually thinking Dabney Donovan and Lex are going to engaged in a Superman themed arms race resulting in Cyborg Superman and a Superboy.

Considering my feelings about the Rebirth Superman run as it compares to the twitterverse response, not surprised that my opinion on this news is a complete 180 from theirs, lol. I'm markedly less interested (though I wasn't much interested in the first place) knowing Tomasi is writing it. Would have been so cool to just get a straight-up comics adaptation outside of any continuity. Ah well.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-17-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Change everything about a character,bit don't worry it's still the same character...I don't think so.

Superman is still Superman,he is just wearing a different suit and Lois and him still "seem" to be together.cosmetically different sure,but still the same.

I don't see superboy,cyborg Superman,or eradicator being changed as drastically as some are trying to push.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They can't have Lois just get pregnant because they're not interested in a baby, they want an automatic ten year old (my main complaint with the entire concept). If they just announce at the end that Lois is pregnant, they'd have to do something like a ten year time skip to get what they want. And apparently since Damian already exists in the current present day of this AU, a time jump like that is off the table. I mean, they could say somehow that Lois and Superman go off somewhere where ten years pass for them but then they return to Earth and barely any time has passed for anyone else. That'd be one option, but then you'd have a continuity where Superman and Lois are ten years older than their peers. No big deal for Superman, but pretty immersion-breaking for Lois.
    They could end up in Tom Kings The Gentleman's Dimension. That's canon now.
    BM and WW fought for 10 years and didn't age a day.

also is there a reason why we can have Conner and Jon in the DCAU? Not sure why it's either/or.
    Last edited by Fergus; 05-17-2018 at 08:15 PM.

I don't personally want or feel like it needs to be either or, but due to some trends at DC and DC animated's tendency to be pretty frugal about who and what it includes makes me think it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    They could end up in Tom Kings The Gentleman's Dimension. That's canon now.
    BM and WW fought for 10 years and didn't age a day.

also is there a reason why we can have Conner and Jon in the DCAU? Not sure why it's either/or.

Exaclty,they could spend Jon's entire 10 years of life in another universe.1 that they know is not their own or 1 that they think is the right one.either way it could happen,and it could take a whole 2 minutes on a movie to get us where we need them to be.

DC allows multiple robins,GLs,flash,and ever growing family for each "iconic" hero,and they can't let 2 characters that have so little in common besides a name that both use...which 1 could change easily.