Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I definitely think there should be a Jon Kent in the animated universe,just not at Conners expense,nor in this story....atleast until the end
    It shouldn't, but it probably will be. It'll be at the expense of a lot sense, just like it was in the comics. Its only a question of if Conner gets caught up in the whirlwind again. I mean, they turned Superman's continuity in the comics upside down to accommodate the character. I have little doubt they'll do the same with this project, especially considering the writer who is essentially Jon's caretaker wrote this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    You know if they let the Reign run its course until Hank hits Superman with the kryptonite that eradicator changes into solar energy,they could say superman splits then.1 in black and back in the shadows fathering Jon,and 1 back to the supersuit and public hero.that way we get the setup for Rebirth,and both Conner and Jon work.

Course the ONLY problem I see is Lois.she would have to be with the in black private superman to create Jon,but still be in the public supersuit Supermans life.or is this problem easily fixable?
    Insert the Rebirth Origins, though have Mxy being the one to bring them through over Manhattan/Brainiac12/Convergence stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It shouldn't, but it probably will be. It'll be at the expense of a lot sense, just like it was in the comics. Its only a question of if Conner gets caught up in the whirlwind again. I mean, they turned Superman's continuity in the comics upside down to accommodate the character. I have little doubt they'll do the same with this project, especially considering the writer who is essentially Jon's caretaker wrote this.

Yeah I see him as a absolute very possible possibility,so I am hoping they bring him in without making to much trouble for Conner,Clark,Lois,and DCU history

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Insert the Rebirth Origins, though have Mxy being the one to bring them through over Manhattan/Brainiac12/Convergence stuff.

Somehow Lois needs to be with "a" Clark for 10 years while the other Clark is Superman,so Jon can be hosn10 year old self,which is what works in the comics,and works with Damian as his friend/partner.

Either Supermans death needs to split him into 2 beings or eradicator changing the kryptonite does,but superdad needs to "raise" a 10 year old boy,and time can't be pushed 10 years ahead in the DCAU or ppls ages won't match up,and Jon won't get the normap childhood which makes him the great kid he is.

Waiting for more ideas

Why can't you just leave things as they are? Why must everything match up? Kinda kills creativity if you ask me.

DC has a weird mindset. Everything has to be one, set continuity. Which I can at least understand in regards to comics, because while they're terrible at maintaining continuity, the one time they tried an initiative to move away from it being so focused (DCYou), it was rejected. In comics, the fans want continuity. They just suck at maintaining it. In animation, they suck at it just the same, but its not even needed there so I don't get them the pass they get there with the comics. Fans don't care as much about continuity with the animated features. They ate up Under The Red Hood without a bunch of previous movies introducing Jason as Robin, then killing him off. They just jumped right into it and it did just fine. Just jump right into Jon if you want to introduce him, who cares about how it fits into a continuity. If they wanted to adapt this story, it should have been set in its own world, with the same 90s feel of the original. Then if you want to introduce Jon, just do another movie that introduces him, again, set completely on its own. Whatever films you want to connect, have them connect. Whatever you don't, don't. In this realm, no one would mind, that's been very much established.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-24-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The DCAU is very connected now,unlike how it was before flashpoint movie,so that would be a problem

Eh if they want to make a Supersons movie, I don’t see why it would have to be tied to the DCOAU universe. We’re still getting stuff like Gotham by Gaslight after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    DC has a weird mindset. Everything has to be one, set continuity. Which I can at least understand in regards to comics, because while they're terrible at maintaining continuity, the one time they tried an initiative to move away from it being so focused (DCYou), it was rejected. In comics, the fans want continuity. They just suck at maintaining it. In animation, they suck at it just the same, but its not even needed there so I don't get them the pass they get there with the comics. Fans don't care as much about continuity with the animated features. They ate up Under The Red Hood without a bunch of previous movies introducing Jason as Robin, then killing him off. They just jumped right into it and it did just fine. Just jump right into Jon if you want to introduce him, who cares about how it fits into a continuity. If they wanted to adapt this story, it should have been set in its own world, with the same 90s feel of the original. Then if you want to introduce Jon, just do another movie that introduces him, again, set completely on its own. Whatever films you want to connect, have them connect. Whatever you don't, don't. In this realm, no one would mind, that's been very much established.
    Well, I think the appeal of any ongoing animated continuity it to see the universe building that arises from that and how they handle certain characters and storylines.

And, of course, even now not every movie is strictly set in the animated universe continuity since there's at least one Elseworld's film every ear. Rumor has it that the likely next Elseworld film will be an adaption of Red Son, in fact.

Honestly, I don't think this movie being a complete standalone adaption would've been much different then what we're getting, since I think even a standalone adaption (at least if it was attempting to cover the entire story) would've made similar adaption choices that this film is making. It just wouldn't have the stigma that's associated with the in-continuity films and their designs I guess, which I think is more people's issue with it then the fact that it's part of an animated continuity (I guess there's also those that want the New 52-inspired Supes to keep being New 52-inspired).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think the appeal of any ongoing animated continuity it to see the universe building that arises from that and how they handle certain characters and storylines.

And, of course, even now not every movie is strictly set in the animated universe continuity since there's at least one Elseworld's film every ear. Rumor has it that the likely next Elseworld film will be an adaption of Red Son, in fact.

Honestly, I don't think this movie being a complete standalone adaption would've been much different then what we're getting, since I think even a standalone adaption (at least if it was attempting to cover the entire story) would've made similar adaption choices that this film is making. It just wouldn't have the stigma that's associated with the in-continuity films and their designs I guess, which I think is more people's issue with it then the fact that it's part of an animated continuity (I guess there's also those that want the New 52-inspired Supes to keep being New 52-inspired).
    Ugh where’d you hear that? I don’t trust Timm with that story at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Ugh where’d you hear that? I don’t trust Timm with that story at all.
    There's been some musings that they'll be tackling a "much requested" adaption in the very near future, and Red Son fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's been some musings that they'll be tackling a "much requested" adaption in the very near future, and Red Son fits the bill.
    Sign me up. I'd love to see Red Son.

Runner up would be Red Rain...but Red Son first please!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

After how badly they bungled The Killing Joke by trying to give Batgirl more agency by having her **** Batman, I no longer trust DC Animation to do anything right. There was a time there where we were getting some really great stuff, thanks largely to the late great Dwayne McDuffie, but it's been years now since they've produced anything worthwhile--the notable exception of the Adam West Batman cartoons

Fantastic Member

I have to say I liked Gotham By Gaslight quite a bit

I'm looking forward to this. The box set looks amazing. Unlike some I've enjoyed most of the movies set in the new AU. I feel they've gotten stronger and stronger.