Page 34 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Wait...is this already out? I thought the digital wasnt out until July and physical release in August? How are people seeing it?
    A leak.

10char

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Yeah it was amazing. I was wondering if I should wait until both parts are out, like I did for DKR, but I’m convinced to get it Day 1. Tomasi did a wonderful job. Those teasers at the end had me pissed we have to wait a couple months for the next one.
    When is the next one coming out exactly?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    A leak.

10char
    Aha!...Should have guessed lol.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Caved, watched the leak. Probably the best adaption of the Death of Superman to date with enough variation to feel fresh. I think everyone will find something to like about it even though it has its flaws.

BANNED

Watching the leak right now.

spoilers:
    Loved the Lex Luthor II easter egg cameo
    end of spoilers

So I've heard that at least one line from last Days of Superman was given to Lois and not Diana ? Can anybody confirm it ?

Edit : for clarification, apparently, it's the final sentence between Lois and Clark in the movie, but I could be wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So I've heard that at least one line from last Days of Superman was given to Lois and not Diana ? Can anybody confirm it ?

Edit : for clarification, apparently, it's the final sentence between Lois and Clark in the movie, but I could be wrong.
    I can confirm that, yes.

As for how Clark and Diana were handled

spoilers:
    They admit what they had was "nice", but Diana is the one who couldn't adjust to Clark's personal life and thus it ended. They're still friends and they enjoy some banter though. There's no ill feeling or awkwardness
    end of spoilers

I can confirm that, yes.

spoilers:
    They admit what they had was "nice", but Diana is the one who couldn't adjust to Clark's personal life and thus it ended. They're still friends and they enjoy some banter though. There's no ill feeling or awkwardness
    end of spoilers
    Thanks.

It was a little stupid, since I think the original interaction between Clark and Lois worked just as well. Too bad, but then again I expected that nothing I could care about would be in this movie, so on that front i'm not disappointed I guess.

I can confirm that, yes.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think that's pretty weak. Having already seen the previous animated take on Death of Superman, I've no inclination to buy this one. That's disappointing, given how great other recent DC animated movies have been.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Watching parts of the leak during my breaks at work. I gotta say I am impressed. Much closer to the source material than I expected. It cuts some of the fat out and zeros in on the meat of the story. The voice cast is great and it's very well written. In some ways it's superior to the original telling. Well done Mr. Tomasi. If part two is done as well, This one could be my own personal head canon of the post Reborn version of how this arc shook out.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think that's pretty weak. Having already seen the previous animated take on Death of Superman, I've no inclination to buy this one. That's disappointing, given how great other recent DC animated movies have been.
    Honestly while not perfect, by any means at least it was better handled than how DC Reborn handled Superman/Wonder Woman just by acting like it never happened and it was just Superman and Lois.

I liked some of the elements they added spoilers:
    the New 52 Superboy look which is my top 5 favorite Kon designs, callback to Lex Luthor 2, the Justice League interactions and how Superman interact with each member/they interact with each other (Flash asking if it's too late to join the Titans and making fun of Batman going to Parent/Teacher conferences, Barry and Superman talk, although I wish it was John Stewart and Hawkgirl added to the fight with Hal Jordan and Hawkman but that might have overfilled the film with fodder, How they had Lex start off on house arrest and then "redeems" himself in the fight against Doomsday instead of simply had him get away Scott free like New 52 Post Trinity War/Forever Evil and to lesser extent BvS/JL did, the Doomsday stabbing Clark which I felt like they took from BvS although I wish we saw the shockwave punch scene, and how they set up the four different Superman without it being totally forced.
    end of spoilers

I will admit this film as a whole shows steady improvement inthe New 52 based DC Animated Universe. The story felt like it captured the poignant moments and really had well done voice acting. One of my favorite DC animated films, which I admit it has been a while since I had felt that.

One thing I admitted caught me off guard is spoilers:
    Is making Cat Grant black, not because I am opposed to race change, but I initially thought that it was the Angela character from Superman TAS and Smallville season 11
    end of spoilers.

My fault, it's been a while since I have used the spoiler button.
    Last edited by ironman2978; 06-19-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I will say that this one is far superior to the previous retelling. That one was ok for what it was, but this one feels more like the original but better. I think its still worth a watch, especially if you can watch it for free. I'm definitely getting the bluray though.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I will say that this one is far superior to the previous retelling. That one was ok for what it was, but this one feels more like the original but better. I think its still worth a watch, especially if you can watch it for free. I'm definitely getting the bluray though.
    I think this is what they should have gone with for the DC Extended Universe instead then again killing Zod was how Superman solved the problem in the old days which hardly anyone remembers.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Is there a actually button that you hit for spoilers or do you manually type in the word and brackets?

Help me so I can talk spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Is there a actually button that you hit for spoilers or do you manually type in the word and brackets?

Help me so I can talk spoilers
    Type

[ spoil ] [ /spoil ]

spoilers:
    Like so
    end of spoilers