Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    I guess best adaptation of D.O.S. still goes to the BBC radio version?

IDK when the next part Reign of the Superman comes out next year that might not be true anymore.

A lot here was changed,and will turn off purists,but as a updated version of the Death story,and being placed IN the DCAU it was pretty damn good

BANNED

Spoilers below

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by stephens2177; 06-20-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

You may want to spoiler tag that properly, but cool. Looking forward to part 2.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Hero View Post
    You may want to spoiler tag that properly, but cool. Looking forward to part 2.
    I thought I did,and I don't know ow how to do it better.any ideas?

It's on YouTube now,and they use that pic as the thumbnail

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I thought I did,and I don't know ow how to do it better.any ideas?

It's on YouTube now,and they use that pic as the thumbnail
    My advice would be to go back, edit it, and just post the link and simply write "spoilers" before.

And thanks the post regardless.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    My advice would be to go back, edit it, and just post the link and simply write "spoilers" before.

And thanks the post regardless.

Without using spoiler tags at all? Just space between the word and the pic?

Btw shouldn't we on here be the most used to spoilers and knowing things before anyone else?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Without using spoiler tags at all? Just space between the word and the pic?

Btw shouldn't we on here be the most used to spoilers and knowing things before anyone else?
    Nah. don't make it a picture. Just provide the link to be clicked on if someone wants to be spoiled.

Yeah, but we shouldn't assume anything. This thread has no "spoilers inside" warning on it, so it's not super fair so just put in spoilers especially when the movie isn't even out yet.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Have to say this is one of the better DC animated movies of New 52verse and probably right up there with my favourites now.

Loved the gag about Flash being tired of mopping up after the League's mess.

Seein J'onn and Hawkman on the league was great, as was the banter at the League meeting, this had lots of characters featured but didn't feel too crammed at all.

Doomsday's intro channelling some Jaws like suspense, I'm surprised just how much they pushed it with his violence.

Including Bibbo was a really nice touch, it's good to see how the death of Supes effects everyday people, really adds an emotional connection to the viewer.

And yes Reign of the Supermen is actually happening! I'm probably more excited for this then any of the upcoming DCEU movies right now.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

It was good! And violent. Oh man, the violence. A bunch of redshirts literally turned into pools of blood. But the character interaction was great, but not sold on the voice of Lex. Seemed too high pitched for me.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I will say I've never enjoyed these designs and time hasn't sweetened it. Superman in particular, his head is just too wide! Towards the end, he's at 3/4 profile and looks so much better. Perhaps I'm too picky, but I've just never enjoyed the animated New 52 designs for pretty much any character.

Well, I took the plunge. I took notes as I watched.

I was about to post specific details, but I think now's a bad time, so I'll save them for later. A couple things got me to chuckle, several things made me groan. Overall, the movie lost a lot of oomph because it covered very little new ground in 80 or so minutes of run time. A lot of the moments were been there, done that (though I think one specific part of the battle was, despite being a rehash, surprising effective and hilarious). Also, the final battle was just too long.

I've said before that the only thing I was looking forward to in this two-parter was the Reign storyline, so now that the boring part is out of the way, I'm ready for the main event to begin.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 06-21-2018 at 12:51 AM.

BANNED

Doomsday really did feel menacing and you felt that at any moment he was gonna kill someone(and he did most times).

I love how all the JL got to show how they would fight DD in their special way,like jonn used his intangibility for example

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Well, I took the plunge. I took notes as I watched.

I was about to post specific details, but I think now's a bad time, so I'll save them for later. A couple things got me to chuckle, several things made me groan. Overall, the movie lost a lot of oomph because it covered very little new ground in 80 or so minutes of run time. A lot of the moments were been there, done that (though I think one specific part of the battle was, despite being a rehash, was surprising effective and hilarious). Also, the final battle was just too long.

I've said before that the only thing I was looking forward to in this two-parter was the Reign storyline, so now that the boring part is out of the way, I'm ready for the main event to begin.

That was many things,but boring was NOT 1 of them

That was many things,but boring was NOT 1 of them
    Honestly, it reminded me of movies such as Man of Steel and Avengers 2. If a fight scene drags on for 10 or 15 minutes, I'm sorry, my attention is going to wane. We all know what's going to happen. More to the point, we saw so many of these things happen prior, beat by beat. This movie had several minutes worth of new content, and many long chunks of variations of something we're already very familiar with. spoilers:
    When I watched the JL cartoon, it was pretty cool when Supes and Doomsday punched each other so hard that it created shock wave that shattered all the windows on the city block. And then we saw it again in Superman's fight with Captain Marvel. Then again in Superman's 2007 fight with Doomsday. Etc. Or Superman taking a break from the fight to save a kid. Or Lois in the helicopter being attacked by Doomsday.
    end of spoilers

I could go on, but again, not a great time to discuss those specific details.

You could've made this movie a lot shorter and gotten to the good stuff. You know, the actual uncharted territory.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 06-21-2018 at 12:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Honestly, it reminded me of movies such as Man of Steel and Avengers 2. If a fight scene drags on for 10 or 15 minutes, I'm sorry, my attention is going to wane. We all know what's going to happen. More to the point, we saw so many of these things happen prior, beat by beat. This movie had several minutes worth of new content, and many long chunks of variations of something we're already very familiar with. spoilers:
    When I watched the JL cartoon, it was pretty cool when Supes and Doomsday punched each other so hard that it created shock wave that shattered all the windows on the city block. And then we saw it again in Superman's fight with Captain Marvel. Then again in Superman's 2007 fight with Doomsday. Etc. Or Superman taking a break from the fight to save a kid. Or Lois in the helicopter being attacked by Doomsday.
    end of spoilers

I could go on, but again, not a great time to discuss those specific details.

You could've made this movie a lot shorter and gotten to the good stuff. You know, the actual uncharted territory.
    It's not based on uncharted territory,it's the modern take plus new 52 type DCAU that makes it fresh and uncharted