Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

I don't understand why this had to be shoehorned into New 52 animated continuity. It may end up being relatively more faithful than Superman: Doomsday, but I'm willing to bet they're going to leave out anything that doesn't fit New 52's version of events.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Pretty much all of those were terrible, though. The last good one set in a main animated universe was Flashpoint Paradox.
    I found stuff to enjoy in all the movies post-War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I don't understand why this had to be shoehorned into New 52 animated continuity. It may end up being relatively more faithful than Superman: Doomsday, but I'm willing to bet they're going to leave out anything that doesn't fit New 52's version of events.
    This isn't a 1-to-1 New 52 universe and I don't think it's as ingrained into this universe that they're incapable of doing something that goes against the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I found stuff to enjoy in all the movies post-War.
    The only one I thought wasn’t completely terrible was War, but it still was subpar IMO. I really just can’t stand the storytelling, costumes, and designs/animation for these new ones. And as someone who can’t stand Damian Wayne, it’s very annoying seeing him at the center of all things a Batman and Teen Titans.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The only one I thought wasn’t completely terrible was War, but it still was subpar IMO. I really just can’t stand the storytelling, costumes, and designs/animation for these new ones. And as someone who can’t stand Damian Wayne, it’s very annoying seeing him at the center of all things a Batman and Teen Titans.
    War is the only one I really didn't like, but to each their own .

Pre-New-52 continuity movies were also mostly garbage, though. Wonder Woman movie was garbage. Justice League: Doom was garbage. Superman vs. The Elite was garbage. Superman: Unbound was dull at best. Justice League: The New Frontier was a mind-numbing snoozefest. Batman: Gotham Knight was "WTF were they thinking?" trash. Both Superman/Batman movies were mediocre. Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths was utterly horrible. Green Lantern: Emerald Knights dragged on too long. Let's not pretend like the pre-Flashpoint-film animated movies were somehow all gold.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Pre-New-52 continuity movies were also mostly garbage, though. Wonder Woman movie was garbage. Justice League: Doom was garbage. Superman vs. The Elite was garbage. Superman: Unbound was dull at best. Justice League: The New Frontier was a mind-numbing snoozefest. Batman: Gotham Knight was "WTF were they thinking?" trash. Both Superman/Batman movies were mediocre. Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths was utterly horrible. Green Lantern: Emerald Knights dragged on too long. Let's not pretend like the pre-Flashpoint-film animated movies were somehow all gold.
    No one is claiming they were. I hate Superman vs the Elite myself but that's because I also hate the story it was based. But to claim the pre-New 52 movies were mostly garbage is preposterous. The worst of pre-New 52 is easily better than the best of post-new 52.

One highly subjective statement is retorted with...another highly subjective statement. There is no categorically right or wrong on this.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-25-2018 at 12:15 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This seems really goofy. Why be beholden to any form of continuity in animated movies? They're about an hour and a half of story. So just tell the story you want to tell, regardless of where it fits. Why not just adapt it with the staunchly post-Crisis setting that it was originally told in?
    Yeah I totally agree Knight. I don't get the appeal of this. Actually since Killing Joke and Batman and Harley Quinn...and that Batman '66 animated, I had no idea they were still doing any kind of "Animated continuity". And for Christ's sake they already made Doomsday. If the point is to make it more "true to the source material"...well it's kind of hard to do that in a setting that was clearly never intended for this story.

I think personally, that this has probably been in production for awhile, and they were just using the mandated at the time N52 look. Kinda like what happened with Superman Unbound.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

BANNED

The only reason I can think of why they are going with the existing animated Universe is so that they don't have to redesign all the characters and go with what already exists. I'm also expecting them to change things like Wonder Woman taking the place of Maxima in the story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Pre-New-52 continuity movies were also mostly garbage, though..
    I disagree.

BANNED

One highly subjective statement is retorted with...another highly subjective statement. There is no categorically right or wrong on this.
    Yeah, looking at IMDB most films fall pretty much in the same range. In fact the out of continuity films like TKJ and the one with Harley have been the biggest stinkers of the "New 52" era.

Lol that's true. Subjective arguments can't be won. People simply move in circles based on their own subjective experience which varies from person to person.

In my opinion they shall not try to make a 'rebirth' of the animated line. While i would prefer it that way i am no fan of their animated offerings. And i don't think its a good idea to possibly alienate existing fans. Their animated offerings weren't as beloved by fans as some people think. Its not like New 52 or Rebirth situation when there were a lot of fans who were angry with New 52 and returned back at Rebirth. If they try that it could be a mistake.

BANNED

No Kon,no Reign

Extraordinary Member

I could understand this if the Nu52 was still going strong, but why do this when the Nu52 version is no longer the main version of Superman? The Death and Return stories worked so well because of the world they had built up. This takes away that world and supporting cast.

If this story replaces Kon-El for an animated version of Jon, I riot.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El