Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If this story replaces Kon-El for an animated version of Jon, I riot.
    John Cena's win/loss record thanks you for diverting your attention elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    The only reason I can think of why they are going with the existing animated Universe is so that they don't have to redesign all the characters and go with what already exists. I'm also expecting them to change things like Wonder Woman taking the place of Maxima in the story.
    They've been doing two films set in the animated continuity each year along with one Elseworlds film.

The first film of the year was the Elseworlds Gotham by Gaslight.

Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay will be the first film in-continuity this year, with the Death and Reign movies following it.

I imagine that probably played a part in them making this an in-continuity movie, along with the idea that they could use the Death, Reign, and Return storylines to expand on the Superman of this continuity and add more characters and stories to the universe.

I imagine we will see the League of this continuity, with Jason O'Mara's Batman and Rosario Dawson's Wonder Woman, turn up for the Doomsday fight instead of the JLI with Maxima. Particularly given they probably still need to deal with the Wonder Woman relationship from past movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    John Cena's win/loss record thanks you for diverting your attention elsewhere
    He's STILL dominating? I haven't watched WWE in years.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

He's STILL dominating? I haven't watched WWE in years.
    Yeah, though at least he's got charisma and can cut a promo, unlike the guy who's dominating NOW (Roman Reigns)

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

If this story replaces Kon-El for an animated version of Jon, I riot.
    It would be worse if a time-displaced Timm's Superman replaces one of the 4 supermen before officially taking over the Superman animated franchise.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-25-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    DC: Come here Nuperman, we aint done with you yet.
    Probably has PTSD by now with all the **** they've done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It would be worse if a time-displaced Timm's Superman replaces one of the 4 supermen before officially taking over the Superman animated franchise.
    This reminds me that I wouldn't mind Jason J. Lewis playing Superman in this, assuming they go with someone different then Jerry O'Connel, in light of Justice League Action's seemingly unsaid cancellation.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    No Kon,no Reign
    Sucks doesn't it? Dc finally decides to do a two part Death of Superman....only to probably leave out it's most memorable break out character. (sigh).

I think they probably had half the key cel drawn for this back in 2016 and decided they didn't want to redraw it.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

We can't really say Kon won't be in this when we still have very little idea how this movie is going to be approaching adapting Death and Reign.

But if they are doing Reign then we will probably see all four Supermen in some form.

I'm still hopeful, I'm not treating it as a foregone conclusion, but with his status, or lack thereof in the comics ever since Rebirth, I think its reasonable to at least have some concern.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm still hopeful, I'm not treating it as a foregone conclusion, but with his status, or lack thereof in the comics ever since Rebirth, I think its reasonable to at least have some concern.
    I also understand the concern, but I think we should wait to hear more of how they're approaching the adaption before we decide they're going to screw Kon/Conner.

I imagine once the sneak peek or the inevitable press release with the voice cast comes out we'll have more of an idea of what to expect, since they'll probably have to setup the Supermen in the first movie to some degree.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

well I admire your optimism guys, but I think I'll skip this one. The fact it's in a N52 setting really tells me all I need to know about their adaptation of Kon. Which will almost certainly be bad or replaced with another character.

I think this would be fine if they were telling an actual N52 story like "Doomed" for example. But Death of Superman? Nah.

Hopefully this is the last gasp of the "animated continuity" as such a thing dogs the stories, especially when it's no longer current, and is just plain silly for animation. Either that or just leave this Post Justice League War "continuity" on the floor and more forward without it.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

BANNED

Ok in the Rebirth era we have Hank, eradicator,and Steel pretty much as they were,so they could potentially make a Reign story out of those 3.

Trade matrix for Linda,and Kon for EITHER new 52 Kon or Jon,and I'm not happy about any of these at all.

Does anybody have decent guess when we might get some clues as how badly they screwed Kon over in the Reign movie,as in sneak peek or cast announcements?

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    well I admire your optimism guys, but I think I'll skip this one. The fact it's in a N52 setting really tells me all I need to know about their adaptation of Kon. Which will almost certainly be bad or replaced with another character.

I think this would be fine if they were telling an actual N52 story like "Doomed" for example. But Death of Superman? Nah.

Hopefully this is the last gasp of the "animated continuity" as such a thing dogs the stories, especially when it's no longer current, and is just plain silly for animation. Either that or just leave this Post Justice League War "continuity" on the floor and more forward without it.
    I don't think that has any bearing on what version of a character they're going to go with.

I mean, most of the Teen Titans in this universe don't resemble their New 52 versions at all.

Most of the members of the Suicide Squad in their upcoming movie are more like their Post-Crisis selves.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Has the New52 Superman appeared in any previous animated movies? If, so which ones? I might have to track them down. Even better if they are on Netflix or Hulu or something.
    He's in every Justice Legue movie from the New 52-like universe, though I only watched War, not sure how important he is in the others.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Trade matrix for Linda,and Kon for EITHER new 52 Kon or Jon,and I'm not happy about any of these at all.
    Matrix is pretty unlikely to be ever used, Linda as well to a lesser extent, so they might use Kara, but I don't think she was introduced in that universe, and Jon being used at all would be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, most of the Teen Titans in this universe don't resemble their New 52 versions at all.
    From the little I've seen of New 52 Titans, that's a good thing lol.