Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Well, I thought it'd be pretty f'n stupid to re-do the Death of Superman (Doomsday) storyline again in form of DTV...

I think killing Zod would probably trigger a lot of fans, so maybe I wouldn't want to see that? Not sure. As for the Exile portion, they kind of captured that in the JL cartoon. I know the cartoon and DTV line should be treated differently, but if for some reason they wanted to make a 75-minute version of "For the Man Who Has Everything," I'd also point out that they did it in the JL cartoon.

Speaking of Alan Moore stories, I'd like to see "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow." I don't know why Pre-Crisis stories don't get more love. I take that back, I do know why, but they should go back a little further in time.
    I just really want Exile, but Exile doesn’t really work without killing Zod. As much as I’m sick of DoS, at least we finally got another Superman movie, and now we’re getting Reign which we’ve never gotten.

A 'Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow' movie would be my dream. That and Red Son are the two stories I most want to see adapted

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They already did Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, I doubt they’d bother to rehash Kara’s Origin again. With Kon entering the picture I don’t see them introducing any new Super-characters for a while. Damn I really want another Superman solo film that doesn’t star Lex, or Doomsday, or the Goddamn Batman. I almost want an adaption of the Byrne story where he kills Zod, and then follow that up with an adaption of Exile where he goes into space, gets captured by Mongul and fights on War World. But we’ll probably never get that. I’m so sick of the Batman fanboys running everything at DC.
    Supergirl has also been in two movies already, albeit not in-continuity, so they might not be in a rush to use her again, even if she's a stalwart Superman character.
    I think killing Zod would probably trigger a lot of fans, so maybe I wouldn't want to see that? Not sure. As for the Exile portion, they kind of captured that in the JL cartoon. I know the cartoon and DTV line should be treated differently, but if for some reason they wanted to make a 75-minute version of "For the Man Who Has Everything," I'd also point out that they did it in the JL cartoon.
    The Terra arc in the Teen Titans cartoon certainly didn't prevent them from doing the Judas Contract animated film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Terra arc in the Teen Titans cartoon certainly didn't prevent them from doing the Judas Contract animated film.
    If I were more invested in Teen Titans, this might've been an issue of concern for me. Suffice to say, while I did watch the movie, its release date wasn't one I circled on my calendar. I'm also not the biggest fan of the Deathstroke in continuity.

I know that every DTV is going to be someone's first DTV, but they were also made in the spirit of being 1) for fans, not necessarily casuals and 2) fans probably are aware of stuff from the turn of the century, if not earlier. So at least in the perspective of us who are more familiar with the greater volume of DC animation, going back to the well of same stories when these characters have decades of history seems odd. I'm all for playing the greatest hits, but not the kind of repetition we're getting. And the exclusion of much of the Pre-Crisis stuff is pretty disappointing.

There's some new screenshots floating around from Reign of the Supermen

spoilers:
    Looks like Darkseid may be taking the role of Mongul in this. Not surprising since Doomsday seemed to appear out of a Boom Tube in Death.
    end of spoilers

If I were more invested in Teen Titans, this might've been an issue of concern for me. Suffice to say, while I did watch the movie, its release date wasn't one I circled on my calendar. I'm also not the biggest fan of the Deathstroke in continuity.
    I thought they did a good job of redeeming their version of Deathstroke in that movie.
    I know that every DTV is going to be someone's first DTV, but they were also made in the spirit of being 1) for fans, not necessarily casuals and 2) fans probably are aware of stuff from the turn of the century, if not earlier. So at least in the perspective of us who are more familiar with the greater volume of DC animation, going back to the well of same stories when these characters have decades of history seems odd. I'm all for playing the greatest hits, but not the kind of repetition we're getting. And the exclusion of much of the Pre-Crisis stuff is pretty disappointing.
    I think it depends on the context.

Like, I think it makes sense to do Death again if this time you're going to do more justice to the comic story and actually adapt Reign as well since that's the one aspect of it that's never really been adapted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    There's some new screenshots floating around from Reign of the Supermen

spoilers:
    Looks like Darkseid may be taking the role of Mongul in this. Not surprising since Doomsday seemed to appear out of a Boom Tube in Death.
    end of spoilers
    If Darkseid is Cyborg's lackey like Mongul was I'll be very upset.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    spoilers:
    I think it's more likely that the roles will be reversed. It's possible Doomsday was sent by Darkseid knowing it could kill Superman and then Darkseid creates Cyborg Superman to take his place and subvert earth. I think it'd be odd that they adopt anything close to Cyborg's origin in this movie, seeing as that requires Hensaw to get powers, then encounter something like the Eradicator. Using Darkseid as a shortcut for that could be a good cheat for the character.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Much as I am sure Jurgens would love that, no way will Darkseid play underling to Henshaw. It will be the other way around with Henshaw being Darkseid’s agent on Earth.

All-New Member

Some more stills, as well as a re-cut trailer to promote the DOS, ROS double feature next week.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/super...d-more-a165660

Master Hero Vladimir

I can only hope that after Reign of the Supermen, Warner and DC move away from adapting the Death of Superman for the foreseeable future. Don't get me wrong, The Death of Superman was a good movie and I'm interested to see how will Superman return to life, but after more than 10 years of adaptations, it feels like the story arc has lost its meaning.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-08-2019 at 10:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Nevermind.
    ...Is an album by Nirvana

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ...Is an album by Nirvana
    A great album.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Much as I am sure Jurgens would love that, no way will Darkseid play underling to Henshaw. It will be the other way around with Henshaw being Darkseid’s agent on Earth.

Darkseid once imprisoned henshaw,darkseid is no one's lackey.
    No matter how awesome henshaw is as a villian,me and jurgens knows he isnt gonna make darkseid his lackey.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I can only hope that after Reign of the Supermen, Warner and DC move away from adapting the Death of Superman for the foreseeable future. Don't get me wrong, The Death of Superman was a good movie and I'm interested to see how will Superman return to life, but after more than 10 years of adaptations, it feels like the story arc has lost its meaning.
    Red son I think is next for superman,I'm more worried about SB and Steel.steel will probably be a background character in one of superman's movies going forward.SB in his young form is what is unknown.does DC even want to keep him young or age him up a lil,to get more synchronization with everything else SB now.